• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Santa Fe 2007 Petrol 2.7 Vs Diesel

Hiran de silva

Question

Dear gents,

I see many santa fe 2007 suv's in the adds. i wish to solicit your opinion on following before I begin to consider any of the above seriously.

1. Since it's not a japanese .. any advise on reliability of engine & power train.all vehicles advertised are 70K -100K KM done.

2. Are the engines nearing overhaul at this milage?

3. are they prone to Interior rattle and premature dedradation ?

4. mechanical parts available ?

5. used body parts available ?

6. average fuel consumption for city and Out station running?

7. resale value ?

8. 3rd row seat usability

9. any other relevent known issue with these vehicles?

10. suseptibility to rusting ( quality of body metal and protective under coating ?

11. quality of switches , dashboard material and trim and other fixtures in the cabin?

10. today's market value ?

pls compare above with same attributes of a 2004 toyota harrier or a 2004 honda -CRV.( these vehicles are familier to me).

your valued opinion is most welcome.

BR

Hiran

3 answers to this question

1. 70 to 100 is a normal amount for the age of the vehicle, there are ones that have done in excess of 160k

3.No

4.Yes cheaper than japanese parts.

5.Rare compared to jap

6.Should pump Super Diesel or petrol, The Diesel manual will do in excess of 14 long distence and more than 12 short distence.

7.Hopeless. But as it has hit the initial depreciation i don't think it will suffer much more.

8. Don't think of using it unless you are a bilatarel below knee amputee.

10. Rusting wont be a problem. Have some deep bruises on ours that havent rusted for years.

11. Switches are great and has a premium feel to it.

But the dash board is of hard plastic, the silver trim is suseptible to wear with high use

The market value will be 3.5 to 4mill

2. Is kind of not that good,

Most needed overhauls at around 100000km it has the same engine 2.2L CRDi as the Sorrento so it will have the same problem too some say it's because they were pumped normal diesel (as even the company didn't tell it needed super till some engines had problems, now they tell its essential), (Ours ran super from the 1st day still only 60000km so still too early to tell it)

The clutch life is also around 80000km

But other than that the car is excellent,

Let me add little to the above,

I have seen lots of Korean SUV's with tons of Km's but still with good punch, but this is something i heard about all the Korean build, most of them complained about the brakes and suspension parts. Compare to a Nissan, Toyota or Isuzu, long term Korean users have to change the brake rotters and the suspension parts very often.

I am not a real fan of Korean SUV's coz Toyota trucks on my DNA lol, i like the Korean designs as they really nice, i am not sure about the after sale service in Sri Lanka for Korean vehicles but i don't think you will disappoint with the choice

regards

JC