• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Option For Me?

Lancelot

Hi all! I`ve been a fan of this forum for many years and this is my first post! I`m planning to buy a car around 3m-3.5m as my first car. I would like to go for one out of following two options based on your advises.

1. Toyota Aqua 2012 (Registered)
  2. Mitsubishi Lancer Ex GLS 2008

Followings are my requirements

• Usage: 36 km per day under less amount of traffic.
  • since I`m having zero knowledge on vehicles it should be a less trouble maker.
  • Fuel Consumption: at least a 10kmpl is required for a non hybrid.
  • Spare-parts : should be available at a reasonable price.
  • Resale value: I will use this for another 5 years and reasonable resale value is preferred

I would really like to go for the lancer Ex. But prior to make that decision I would like to take your advises. This is my first post ever and please accept my apologies if I wasted your time.

Thanks in advance

Do a search, lancelot. Virtues of owning a hybrid and non-hybrid has been discussed to death here.

My 2 cents:

There is no point in buying a hybrid if you're travelling only 36Kms under less amount of traffic; you won't save much on fuel. And if the hybrid battery start acting up within 5 years, you will be left with a loss; even if it didn't, hybrids are NOT known for holding their resale value.

Lancer EX is a trusted workhorse and relatively not complicated; so it won't be a trouble maker. Plus, all the Lancer EXes here in SL are Brand-new imports and there is a specified agent for the brand. All the Lancer EX owners I know does their periodic maintenance at the agent.

Lancer EX will do 10-14 Kms per litre; that's the norm for any 1.6 petrol engine. If you drive in less traffic-y roads maintaining a 10+kmpl FE wouldn't be hard; however FE depends on your driving style.

With those two enormous red round tail lights and misshaped rear, aqua looks like its gang-banged and a$$-raped by aliens with huge D's. Lancer on the other hand, is in a league of its own when it comes to design and sex appeal. eye of the beholder tho.

Driving pleasure wise, aqua cannot hold a candle to lancer. I've driven both cars. Aqua's GC is not meant for SL road conditions.

As I said before search the forum; there's a butt-load of info on both cars. Lancer EX is discussed extensively at the BRATT thread. Google "BRATT autolanka" you'll find it. Search "Site:forum.autolanka.com aqua / Site:forum.autolanka.com Prius C" (I cannot find watchman's thread so typed it myself - not feeling sleepy yet :P )

I wish you luck on your car hunt! :)

Edited by Jor-el
  • Like 1

Hi all! I`ve been a fan of this forum for many years and this is my first post! I`m planning to buy a car around 3m-3.5m as my first car. I would like to go for one out of following two options based on your advises.
  1. Toyota Aqua 2012 (Registered)
  2. Mitsubishi Lancer Ex GLS 2008

Followings are my requirements

• Usage: 36 km per day under less amount of traffic.
  • since I`m having zero knowledge on vehicles it should be a less trouble maker.
  • Fuel Consumption: at least a 10kmpl is required for a non hybrid.
  • Spare-parts : should be available at a reasonable price.
  • Resale value: I will use this for another 5 years and reasonable resale value is preferred

I would really like to go for the lancer Ex. But prior to make that decision I would like to take your advises. This is my first post ever and please accept my apologies if I wasted your time.

Thanks in advance

1. Less amount of traffic wouldn't hurt you to go for the EX if you drive in traffic then consider the hybrid.

2. The EX is a fairly less troublesome machine AFAIK...one of my friends has one quite reliable ride.

3. Lancer EX will probably NOT give you 10kmpl... I don't know about the manual version though.

4. Don't know much about Aqua. Most EX owners repair at agent so I haven't heard that parts are an issue from any of them.(I wouldn't say the parts are incredibly cheap either :) )

5. Hybrid deprecate a bit mainly due to the fact that the battery wears out etc. But honestly in 5 years time who'd know what happens???

also note you are comparing two different cars... Aqua is a economic car for city transport etc while the Lancer EX is larger and more fun to drive.

Edited by matroska

Why not a Honda Civiv FD1? Personally I believe it better than the EX. 9.5 in mild traffic with RPM under 2... outstations it will do abt 14 with RPM under 2.5 ...No that does not mean I am a road hog, it goes upto around 80 kmph under 2... Aqua is a raw piece of shit.. the EX is also not bad,but most of them are bone stock. Where as the FD1's are usually fully loaded