• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buy A New Car Now

fabtrex12

Question

Hi All

This topic is discussed in and out in this forum. But nowadays due to Tax and VAT dilemma ,some of the vehicle prices a tad higher than Normal . Do you think its wise enough to buy a vehicle now . or should I give some time Wait until October/December . (Hoping the vehicle market will get settled) .

And this is my first car . and my knowledge about cars are minimal compared to experts over here . Forgive me if my thinking is wrong

My Check List is something like this

1. Budget 2.5 Million (Max 2.8 million)

2. Fuel Efficient (10 -12 KM per L)

3. Automatic Transmission

My Choices were

1.Mazda Demio - (Price 2.7 million , its my vehicle Crush , But many say its not fuel efficient Mazda parts price are high)

2.Toyota Vitz (1000cc) - Price gone upto 2.8 million

3.Toyota Passo -2007 (1000cc) - Price 2.5 million (is it worth that price?)

4.Perodua Viva Elite (auto 2011/2012) (2.2 Million , Will I be able to resell (UNIMO stopped Viva Elite imports) ?(is it worth that price?) )

5. Alto K10 - Indian Brand new (2.4 million)

6. Suzuki Alto Japan 2007/2008 (650cc) - Is it fuel efficient?

And any other suggestions, which will suite my requirements?

Thank you in advance

Edited by fabtrex12

5 answers to this question

Those prices for hatches that are 7/8 years old just doesnt make sense

If I were you i'd just wait cos cars are insanely overpriced now...

also note that 10-12 KMPL is not feasible on a A-T box usually.

i don't know about the Alto K10 (automated manual transmission) though maybe its good on fuel.

Hi Matroska ,

Thanks your advice . I will take your advice on that . I will give myself some wait

Whats your take on my opinion about Mazda Demio and Suzuki Alto Japan

Thank You !!

out of those two the demio for me. Demio has been discussed extensively on this forum and there were very favorable opinions .

Its common practice to wait some time when the vehicle prices suddenly go up due to budget/tax/vat/dollar rate etc. People will not know the current market value of the vehicle and will post unrealistic prices. When another guy having the same vehicle sees the ad, he'll end up posting an even higher price.

Heck, I called a 2002 swift owner a few months back when the prices went up due to the budget and he demanded some 3 million bucks. He's claim was that he was the first owner of the vehicle and that he had to pay 3 million something over a period of 5 years to settle the lease. How much common sense does he have? He was trying to get all his lease interest from the car buyer, lol.

It'll take some time for them to understand that you can't sell a vehicle for any price you want just because the vehicle prices went up and they'll start reducing the price until the vehicle eventually sells, that's how the vehicle market works in Sri Lanka.

Edited by maxxarox
  • Like 1