• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help in deciding between a Lancer GLX CS1 (2008) vs Civic ES5 (2004)

Aslam86

Question

Hi,

Can any one give some insight on the following between a Lancer CS1 (2007/2008 Model) and a Civic ES5. (Both Auto)

• Fuel Consumption
  • Ride Comfort
  • Maintenance cost

There seems to be lots of discussions happened earlier which seems to be 5 to 6 years old. I want to know the current state as both the models are nearly 10 years old now.

Anyone who has used both/ either can let me know the pro's and con's of both the models, it would be great.

Also this a the first car I'm planning to get and I regularly travel long distance.

Following are some of the discussions I came across.

Edited by Aslam86
Didnt put the transmission type

3 answers to this question

I had a lancer CS1 Brandnew Imported 2007 and recently i sold it @ a mileage of 92,000KM. Did all the maintenance through the agent according to manufacture recommend.
Fuel - in city about 10 - 12 km/l (depends on how you drive)
Highways & Outstation - 18km/l (depends on how you drive)
CS1 is a very comfortable car and the interior looks really nice.

For the past 10Years didnt have any major repairs. Just normal maintenance such as belt replacements and services. Had to replace the shocks (rear) few other minor repairs. Car was very reliable. I dont have much idea abt the maintenance cost compared to honda i guess both would be same.

CS1 had a one major downside. Since its a 1300cc its pickup is bit disappointing bt if ur not driving outstation frequently and whn you get used to the car it wont make a big fuss.
I used to travel kandy with 5 people and its not bad. But whn it comes to overtaking it takes bit time to pickup.
also becuz of the 1300cc engine in city it gives good fuel efficiency.
Overall its a good car and loved evryday driving it.
Car is very popular in Srilanka and will have a good resale value in future too.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2017 at 6:16 PM, Rusiru Sooriyakumara said:

I had a lancer CS1 Brandnew Imported 2007 and recently i sold it @ a mileage of 92,000KM. Did all the maintenance through the agent according to manufacture recommend.
Fuel - in city about 10 - 12 km/l (depends on how you drive)
Highways & Outstation - 18km/l (depends on how you drive)

WOW is the Lancer that good on fuel. considering 1.3L engine as well

45 minutes ago, Quiet said:

WOW is the Lancer that good on fuel. considering 1.3L engine as well

I had a 2002 CS1 manual and used to get similar kmpl of course it was pre highway days.

Most of the CS1 were rented or on hire purchase for middle management / forces and wouldn't have been looked after well where as ES5 would usually be higher management or personally used. You may even find all the service records so that you can verify mileage

Generally Civic owners look after their cars

This is the car i could not afford when i purchased the CS1

Given the fact both cars will be over 10 yrs ES5 will be a better option in my view

• Like 1