• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

SLMCC-ITN Katukurunda Circuit Race Meet 25'th June

miniace

I really cant understand how a car can have "less electronics(chips)" ?? :blink: Does it have half a chip or something? Half a potato chip maybe?

wow datz a very clever claim...

anyway i still say according to what i have read in the internet and of course JC claims... evo does have more computer assisted functionalities(well the word chip doesnt seem to go wit u) dat makes it handle better at least on tarmac (remember how the sti understeered as against the evo!!! when JC test drove the two cars)

---

SOMEBODY WHo WATCHES TOP GEAr PLZ COME TO My AID here;)

Since when does that make a car harder to drive? Oh my God I better not change that chip in my car- dont want to make it easier to drive B):lol: ha ha you need to read up a lot more on the STi's active center differential- no these are not there to help the Driver ;)

yah right as if evo doesnt have AYC ... damn u r biased towards the Sti :drinks:

and that's precisely wat those cars r built for (more or less)...gravel!

i dont object that claim! ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please dont get me wrong here but thats a silly comparison. The STi is as basic as it comes in terms on interior perks smd so is the Evo! these are hardcore performance cars- what do you expect?

I really cant understand how a car can have "less electronics(chips)" ?? :drinks: Does it have half a chip or something? Half a potato chip maybe?

Since when does that make a car harder to drive? Oh my God I better not change that chip in my car- dont want to make it easier to drive :blink:B) ha ha you need to read up a lot more on the STi's active center differential- no these are not there to help the Driver :lol:

By the way the Sti is still the better car for uneven road surfaces.. so performance needs to be judged beyond the numbers..

in conclision Mr. Elvis I still think that Evo has more chips ... better performance(at least on tarmac) and less equipment and visual appeal!

in conclision Mr. Elvis I still think that Evo has more chips ... better performance(at least on tarmac) and less equipment and visual appeal!

All these chips making me hungry.. how many did you say the Evo had? Like Shaks said these cars were made for gravel.. Yep gravels hard to compare as the Evo's dont race the WRC anymore :lol:

Actually all you boys who think JC is the next best thing need to read up a bit more and watch a bit more. He is a superb presenter and a highly above average Driver.. but nothing next to someone like Tiff Nidel..

yah right as if evo doesnt have AYC ... damn u r biased towards the Sti :lol:

Actually I was not defending the Sti- I was just replying to your claim that the Sti has less electronic gizmos..

All these Chip making me hungry.. how many did you say the Evo had? Like Shaks said these cars were made for gravel.. Yep gravels hard to compare as the Evo's dont race the WRC anymore :lol:

Actually all you boys who think JC is the next best thing need to read up a bit more and watch a bit more. He is a superb presenter and a highly above average Driver.. but nothing next to someone like Tiff Nidel..

Actually I was not defending the Sti- I was just replying to your claim that the Sti has less electronic gizmos..

true they both are evenly matched cars... and ppl can have different opinions on what they have come to heard and seen, lemme see what Tiff Nidel has to say about the two :lol:

U boys kinda drifting OT on this thread

SLMCC-ITN Katukurunda Circuit Race Meet 25'th June is kinda getting old ney? so we decided to change topic, otherwise this thread wudve been dead some time ago! anway sorry 4 OT... I conclude :lol:

SLMCC-ITN Katukurunda Circuit Race Meet 25'th June is kinda getting old ney? so we decided to change topic, otherwise this thread wudve been dead some time ago! anway sorry 4 OT... I conclude :alc:

When u wanna change the topic, make a new thread. Historical value in these old threads.

• 4 weeks later...

machang shantha 's subaru is a sti 2 ra which is around 8 years old, i am surprised it actually was in front of the m3 for a couple of laps. The problem with subaru is no one here in SL can tune the car because of the engine having AVCS ( active valve control system) which is similar to the VTEC mechanism.

But if you take the new generation sti like the 8 or 9 in good hands and proper tuning it would give the evo a run for its money.

Anyway hopefully in the near future we can change this misconception and give all the evo's a decent battle with a subaru

Reviving an old thread. I recently heard that Shantha's car was tuned by Phil, might be why it was leading the M3.