• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

SLMCC-ITN Katukurunda Circuit Race Meet 25'th June

miniace

has any 1 got da results for the qulification where jey(bmw e46 m3 man) raced???????????????plz??????????? :D

who got the full sheet of results?? Perics??

Jay won..susantha won,Abeeth good performance....Yoga great win..Darin won but the most unlukiest dude of the day,Chaminda another winner..parmeswaran won over Ajith...thusith most careless driver of all...ran out of fuel :) dammika won march...rest i cant remember.....oh Dinesh D..the most unexpected spectator of the day ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who got the full sheet of results?? Perics??

Jay won..susantha won,Abeeth good performance....Yoga great win..Darin won but the most unlukiest dude of the day,Chaminda another winner..parmeswaran won over Ajith...thusith most careless driver of all...ran out of fuel :) dammika won march...rest i cant remember.....oh Dinesh D..the most unexpected spectator of the day :D

SLMCC have promised to email it to Madz. This despite assuring us that they would give us the results at the end of the meet during the media breifing.

Hi guys, pictures of SLMCC-ITN katukurunda has been updated in AL gallery. Check it out !

We had a nice time enjoying all the races even tho in some events there was poor participation. Hay KLM thanks for the media passes!

img05497rq.th.jpg

Darin posing for AL...Thumbs up!!

Pictures of SLMCC-ITN Katu Race Meet - <a href="http://www.autolanka.com/gallery/"'>http://www.autolanka.com/gallery/" target="_blank">http://www.autolanka.com/gallery/</a>

Photo Credit - Preveen R.([email protected])

Edited by MADZ

I think this is Maduranga's. I guess the only bike in SL

2005 Honda VFR 800 VTEC. ( One of the few bikes to have a Vtec )

It has 98.2 BHP @ 10700 RPM and 54.3 lb.ft @ 8900RPM

maduranga6rs.jpg

Review of the SPECTATORS.

1 ) Me and My Friend Paid 200 bucks Each for The Grand Stand. I never knew that the meaning of Grand Stand would be to Stand in Grand Style. Half of the Spectators had to be in the Hot Sun Standing in Grand Style as the Grand Stand did not have enough Chairs. Also the Grand Stand was designed in a Flat layout, whereas all previous occasions the Grand Stand had the chair layout with an angle so that rear spectators could watch the event without any problems. Just a Note to Organisers.

Other than that Darins event / Ford Laser Event / Civic event in which Sadjath Ran and also the 1600 event which Abeeth, and Uncle Manams car ran brought some real thrills to the crowd. I had to leave early but heard that Jeyenthan Drove with excellent spirit overtaking Shantha Suraweera. Excellent Jeyenthan and glad to see that Group N event is born again. I am sure more people will run this event. Its nice to watch a event when its competitive.

also Thanks Organisers. i know its take lot of effort to organise something like this, specialy when panala track has some problems. Even if their was poor participation thanks for organising some thing like this so the Race enthusiasts could enjoy the action from our Local Race Drivers. Thanks to both parties.

Hi Everyone

First of all let me thank Auto Lanka for the publicity and everyone else who contributed to the gallery, cause it takes a lot of dedication and love for the sport to stand in the hot sun and take pictures. I m still recovering from heat stroke he he :)

Even though i won in the modified event upto 1050cc the judges decided that the initial roll should be considered as a false start. But when i finished the race there was a gap of 32 seconds between me and the second place driver so i really dont think it made a difference. But since race rules are present to discipline drivers and race stewards decison is final, i have to respect that and live with it as there is always a NEXT TIME.

anyway thanks for all the support and encouragement from all of you who came to katu yesterday.

Auto lanka , can i get some stickers from you guys to put on my Race Cars please, i think thats the least i can do.

that red bike looked so hot, and he was doing wheelie on that thing like it was a normal bicycle...

velocity, with your grand stand tick, you could have been at the pits and enjoyed the same grand standing view...

big ups to pericles for taking the pic in the hot sun, bugger has actually gotten darker...

that red bike looked so hot, and he was doing wheelie on that thing like it was a normal bicycle...

velocity, with your grand stand tick, you could have been at the pits and enjoyed the same grand standing view...

big ups to pericles for taking the pic in the hot sun, bugger has actually gotten darker...

i missed that wheelie part machan, i wished i was at the pits. could have taken more pics i guess,

by the way Darin The Brown Nissan March you ran is it a 1300 or a 1000.

i missed that wheelie part machan, i wished i was at the pits. could have taken more pics i guess,

by the way Darin The Brown Nissan March you ran is it a 1300 or a 1000.

Hi Dims

Machang its a 1000cc but i got Impul to do the engine in japan, and hence its blue printed. Machang i didnt see you , where were you at Katu, at the Grand Stand i assume.

Yeah, as Velocity said, while it was great to actually have an event organized, the amount of effort put into making it a spectator sport was minimal- a little bit of extra work to make the spectators more comfortable would have gone a long way to ensure that people will come again....but anyways....

One good thing about being at the grandstand was the action at the gooseneck was first hand...!

Sajad Zuhair was literally taking his Civic by neck and shaking the cr*p out of it...! Some superb driving there...

The Formula collision was pretty spectacular, with one car going partially airbone at least 4 feet high before taking out a few barrier tires....

There was also a mini spinout....just before the backstraight...that driver must have lost a few years in the moment he saw 4 other cars heading straight for him!

Looking forward to the next round, where we're likely to see Dinesh J join the supercar fray in the Evo...should be fun!

Hi Everyone

First of all let me thank Auto Lanka for the publicity and everyone else who contributed to the gallery, cause it takes a lot of dedication and love for the sport to stand in the hot sun and take pictures. I m still recovering from heat stroke he he :D

Even though i won in the modified event upto 1050cc the judges decided that the initial roll should be considered as a false start. But when i finished the race there was a gap of 32 seconds between me and the second place driver so i really dont think it made a difference. But since race rules are present to discipline drivers and race stewards decison is final, i have to respect that and live with it as there is always a NEXT TIME.

anyway thanks for all the support and encouragement from all of you who came to katu yesterday.

Auto lanka , can i get some stickers from you guys to put on my Race Cars please, i think thats the least i can do.

Hi Everyone

First of all let me thank Auto Lanka for the publicity and everyone else who contributed to the gallery, cause it takes a lot of dedication and love for the sport to stand in the hot sun and take pictures. I m still recovering from heat stroke he he :D

[/quote

Congrats mchan..well done..keep up the good work..hope to see u at gunners on the 8th..

cheers

:D:D

Hi Dims

Machang its a 1000cc but i got Impul to do the engine in japan, and hence its blue printed. Machang i didnt see you , where were you at Katu, at the Grand Stand i assume.

machan thanks for the info. no wonder the car moved so fast. great driving bro. hope to see you soon on Grn N event with a Subaru and kick ass.

Machang its a 1000cc but i got Impul to do the engine in japan, and hence its blue printed. .

Machang, congrats on the win with that Brown March......that car was QUICK!!! Whats the BHP like in that?

Machang, congrats on the win with that Brown March......that car was QUICK!!! Whats the BHP like in that?

Hey Ashan

machang when my tuning company Impul made the engine for me they sent me a certified dyno graph showing that the engine produced 147bhp at 7700 rpm and the car weight is only 740kg so its got a good power to weight ratio

Hi Darin! good run you had yesterdat but bad outcome..tough luck pal...

And you really played cool when a non running super car 'star' came and bugged you after the incident...and another civic runner wrote something on the blue march ...you had lots of patience through pain...good show during race and after the race! good luck next time buddy!

Hey Ashan

machang when my tuning company Impul made the engine for me they sent me a certified dyno graph showing that the engine produced 147bhp at 7700 rpm and the car weight is only 740kg so its got a good power to weight ratio

machan i was just going to ask same question as ashans.

Machan thats some serious shit

Again the brown one is 147bhp and whats the capacity of the blue one and the bhp of that,

sorry for all these questions.

Hey Ashan

Daaaaaaamn... Thats a lot machang...yeah I agree, it HAS to have a knock-out 'power to weight ratio! Keep up the good work bro.... Cheers

machan i was just going to ask same question as ashans.

Machan thats some serious shit

Again the brown one is 147bhp and whats the capacity of the blue one and the bhp of that,

sorry for all these questions.

no worries Dims,

machang the blue car is 1240cc vvti and it has got 90 bhp with a weight of 840kg, its down on power compared to the honda's but its handling is really mind blowing. katu is the only track i suffer cause of the long straight but every where else its a winner. And i prefer to drive an under powered car machang i think it has helped me improve my driving a lot. dims giv me a shout when your free , i want you to drive the car and tell me what you think

no worries Dims,

machang the blue car is 1240cc vvti and it has got 90 bhp with a weight of 840kg, its down on power compared to the honda's but its handling is really mind blowing. katu is the only track i suffer cause of the long straight but every where else its a winner. And i prefer to drive an under powered car machang i think it has helped me improve my driving a lot. dims giv me a shout when your free , i want you to drive the car and tell me what you think

yeah i know how well it handles at panala. i have seen how fast you come to the corner just after the start. I guess i was there on the night race, i guess it was the first day you ran if i remember, not sure though.

Hi Darin! good run you had yesterdat but bad outcome..tough luck pal...

And you really played cool when a non running super car 'star' came and bugged you after the incident...and another civic runner wrote something on the blue march ...you had lots of patience through pain...good show during race and after the race! good luck next time buddy!

thanks miniace

both boys are two of my close friends, and i think they were just trying to cheer me up, as i said there is always a NEXT TIME ,

First of all let me thank Auto Lanka for the publicity and everyone else who contributed to the gallery, cause it takes a lot of dedication and love for the sport to stand in the hot sun and take pictures. I m still recovering from heat stroke he he :lol:

Hi Darin, It's so nice of you to appreciate our work...I still remember the few words which you told me at the start line yesterday (that’s just few min be4 your first race)....you said "Autolanka is #1" and gave thumbs up!...I mean those are the little things we expect from you guys. Sad to see that most of our boys lack of those good qualities now days...it’s the same story with most of the top race officials :(

Ya sure thanks a lot Darin, I'll give you few AL stickers ...just drop me a mail with your tel.number so that i can contact you over the phone. Once again thanks a lot and all the best for your next race !

Hi Darin, It's so nice of you to appreciate our work...I still remember the few words which you told me at the start line yesterday (that’s just few min be4 your first race)....you said "Autolanka is #1" and gave thumbs up!...I mean those are the little things we expect from you guys. Sad to see that most of our boys lack of those good qualities now days...it’s the same story with most of the top race officials :lol:

Ya sure thanks a lot Darin, I'll give you few AL stickers ...just drop me a mail with your tel.number so that i can contact you over the phone. Once again thanks a lot and all the best for your next race !

i want them too madz... i'll be running in modified class upto 1350 in a civic at gunners..! or may be at pannala too..(god knows, if time permits, i'll; def do.)

mchan darin, wer da hell is dis place? (cos im only coming to sl on the 2nd!!) is it far way from colombo?

:(

i want them too madz... i'll be running in modified class upto 1350 in a civic at gunners..! or may be at pannala too..(god knows, if time permits, i'll; def do.)

mchan darin, wer da hell is dis place? (cos im only coming to sl on the 2nd!!) is it far way from colombo?

:lol:

hi machang,

its in minneriya, not sure bro i havent put my entry yet. wondering if i should run cause gravel tracks ruin the car . giv me a shout when you come yeah . tc