• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda City'2006 - Thumbs Up

Hola

Hi all,

Last Tuesday while i was at Staffords, i saw two or three Honda City 2006 models which had come for their service....Superb. Thank god they have taken that dumb looking nose off and given a long bonet, wich gives out a Civic replica look... The interior looks gorgeous..Dont know the price of it...But I think The 2006 City is grand!! Yup it is Indian made...But come to think of it, the accord is indian made too. It got CVT as well

thumbcityzx12ic.jpg

thumbcityzx27jl.jpg

thumbcityzx3011wm.jpgimprovedseating4ez.jpg

Hi all,

Last Tuesday while i was at Staffords, i saw two or three Honda City 2006 models which had come for their service....Superb. Thank god they have taken that dumb looking nose off and given a long bonet, wich gives out a Civic replica look... The interior looks gorgeous..Dont know the price of it...But I think The 2006 City is grand!! Yup it is Indian made...But come to think of it, the accord is indian made too. It got CVT as well

thumbcityzx12ic.jpg

thumbcityzx27jl.jpg

this is the city ZX right, anyway i still hate itz look... i guess this is going in the 2.9mn price bracket parallel wit Jap made 1.3L Yaris and close to 1.3L Corolla as well, so am not sure about the value proposition of this thing....

stafford is pretty expensive when it comes to brandnew cars i guess, the reason is of course volume i guess...

---

bdw i saw in a site dat 2.4L indian accord is 147bhp :lol: hasnt it got to be 160hp at least, does it mean that Indian accords are detuned? i have seen the same 2.4L accords rated at 180 odd horses in arabian markets... is it possible that this same 2.4L engine be tuned in three different ways

this zx city is made in india but this one comes with vtec

not like the before ones!!!

but even this is 6bhp shorter than the old generation city vtec glory

man!!!! that thing flies!!!!!!!

pooh, satan..machang admire your knowledge...i thought its just bikes..he he

anyway..when we went car shoping yesterday a 2002 recon city was 2.1 to 2.4 max

this zx city is made in india but this one comes with vtec

not like the before ones!!!

but even this is 6bhp shorter than the old generation city vtec glory

man!!!! that thing flies!!!!!!!

u mean 2000-2001 model right, do u know of any manual VTEC models? so anxious to know what the 0-100km/h of the model is...

bdw even the previous generation one boasts a very moderate 115hp wit a LEV tune up(but it can easiliy be tuned to achieve 120), datz not flying in a literal sense :lol: and the other thing is even though the new Indian City VTEC is shorter in HP, the VTECS coming from Malaysia and Thailand boast the Full 115hp...

this is the city ZX right, anyway i still hate itz look... i guess this is going in the 2.9mn price bracket parallel wit Jap made 1.3L Yaris and close to 1.3L Corolla as well, so am not sure about the value proposition of this thing....

stafford is pretty expensive when it comes to brandnew cars i guess, the reason is of course volume i guess...

---

bdw i saw in a site dat 2.4L indian accord is 147bhp :lol: hasnt it got to be 160hp at least, does it mean that Indian accords are detuned? i have seen the same 2.4L accords rated at 180 odd horses in arabian markets... is it possible that this same 2.4L engine be tuned in three different ways

Nope nothing detuned about it.. The indian accord is just made to run in different conditions that the JDM. The Jap and Indians engines are different in their bore and stroke.. 142 odd for the Indian 160 odd for the JDM.. The 2.4 V6 is close 220hp. Reminds me of the home grown Tegs we have here and the JDM GSR's..

The 2.4 V6 is close 220hp. Reminds me of the home grown Tegs we have here and the JDM GSR's..

isn't it 3.0L V6 datz avialble for Accord

Nope nothing detuned about it.. The indian accord is just made to run in different conditions that the JDM. The Jap and Indians engines are different in their bore and stroke.. 142 odd for the Indian 160 odd for the JDM..

the JDM Accord is 2.0L(DOHC) 155hp one... the 2.4L 160hp is mainly for US and all(dubai, rest of asia etc.) right? or have i missed any point here?

The Accord is 2.4L I4 166Hp or 3.0L V6 244Hp

yap indeed the only V6 is 3L, 2.4L one is I4 :D

The Jap and Indians engines are different in their bore and stroke.. 142 odd for the Indian 160 odd for the JDM..

kewl... tnx 4 dat tip! i wud say whatever dat Indian has done wit da sweet accord, 140 odd horses is by no means enuf... z it da same accord dat lands in SL too, if so the performance must be lackluster despite heavy torque :(

yap indeed the only V6 is 3L, 2.4L one is I4 :D

kewl... tnx 4 dat tip! i wud say whatever dat Indian has done wit da sweet accord, 140 odd horses is by no means enuf... z it da same accord dat lands in SL too, if so the performance must be lackluster despite heavy torque ;)

Shit!! you mean the Accord we get is an Indian one which is detuned.

Which part did u not Know?

CRV,City,Accord we get are all Indian...

And the City you get recon from Singapore is Thailand, if it is with same body shape and with the badge Aria or Ario something - its Japanease recon

well Hola has said it all regarding the origin... but According to Pila itz not detuned, rather is said to be having different stroke and bore :D ... bdw my feeling is that both accord and CRV are unbelievably underated wit regard to hp ?

isn't it 3.0L V6 datz avialble for Accord

the JDM Accord is 2.0L(DOHC) 155hp one... the 2.4L 160hp is mainly for US and all(dubai, rest of asia etc.) right? or have i missed any point here?

;);) lol tripped on my keyboard there.

Indian Accord 2.4lt 140hp

Other markets 2.4lt 160 odd

3lt V6 version is the one that has the 220 (available in India)

Also interiors are said to vary according to the market..

Indian 2.4 lt accord specs:

0-100= 9.56

1/4=16.95@134?? :D lol

Top speed 211kmph

Which part did u not Know?

CRV,City,Accord we get are all Indian...

And the City you get recon from Singapore is Thailand, if it is with same body shape and with the badge Aria or Ario something - its Japanease recon

I knew the City was Indian but never expected the same story for the Accord!

Hi all,

thumbcityzx12ic.jpg

thumbcityzx27jl.jpg

Sorry mate but I think it's butt ugly. In fact it's one of the ugliest new cars on our roads I think!!