• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Races At Tissa

fuzzo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super car results!

Race 1

Aravinda,Dinesh J,Mahinda

Heard Dinesh D retired due to dangerously low visibility!

Race2

Aravinda,Dinesh D,Janaka

Dinesh J's Evo8 met with a very bad accident!

Miniace!

Those are the results for Race 1 (GT class) and the Presidents Trophy, which was a race run by the cars returning the top 20 times in practice, for modified cars. Even Nigel's typr R ran that race. Quite a few accidents in that. Nadeera Jinesena won the Presidents Trophy for non modified cars.

BUMP for PICTURES AND Commentry on the race,

How did Dinesh Jayawardena Perform. Sad to have missed a awesome race.

Dinesh J ran a pretty good race. I gather the car got totalled in the Presidents trophy tho. The racing was pretty good, but for the most part, there wasn't much challening for position. Probably a visibility problem, coz once they cleared a few corners, the field spread out and stayed that way. There was plenty of place changing coz ppl lost control tho :D cars seem to slide real easy in this track. Dinesh D challenged AP a few times in the presidents trophy, a couple of civcs were involved in a nice move when the lead car slid wide and the trailer carried more speed in and got past after the next turn, but really, u just couldn't see, specially in the corners and specially for the more powerful cars what kick up more dust. Winning strategy? Qualify in front, make sure of leading into the first corner, and don't make mistakes on the track! Aint many ppl gonna try to pass.

Pics have to wait a bit so we can sort out the technical stuff. Should be there by tonight, tho.

Dinesh J ran a pretty good race. I gather the car got totalled in the Presidents trophy tho. The racing was pretty good, but for the most part, there wasn't much challening for position. Probably a visibility problem, coz once they cleared a few corners, the field spread out and stayed that way. There was plenty of place changing coz ppl lost control tho :D cars seem to slide real easy in this track. Dinesh D challenged AP a few times in the presidents trophy, a couple of civcs were involved in a nice move when the lead car slid wide and the trailer carried more speed in and got past after the next turn, but really, u just couldn't see, specially in the corners and specially for the more powerful cars what kick up more dust. Winning strategy? Qualify in front, make sure of leading into the first corner, and don't make mistakes on the track! Aint many ppl gonna try to pass.

Pics have to wait a bit so we can sort out the technical stuff. Should be there by tonight, tho.

thanx for the update. heard that most of the cars got damaged on the first race and they didnt run on the 2nd race, is this true ?

thanx for the update. heard that most of the cars got damaged on the first race and they didnt run on the 2nd race, is this true ?

What we heard on track was most of the cars got damaged during qualifying and practice.

Anyway, this was run on a one race per event format, not the usual 2 races. AP and DD and co ran two races coz they qualified for the Presidents trophy, which was open for the top 20 times in practice for modified and non modified. There were quite a few damaged cars. I was guys go around without windscreens :D I supposed AP was one of the few guys to get thru the day without damaging the car, since he was in front all the time. Just about everyone else had some sorta damage. Even DD had some sorta problem with his right fender after the Presidents trophy. I think the Yunikon cars managed to survive fairly undamaged too.

Anyone know what happened to that guy who took a spill in the bikes? We heard he was in pretty bad condition...

What we heard on track was most of the cars got damaged during qualifying and practice.

Anyway, this was run on a one race per event format, not the usual 2 races. AP and DD and co ran two races coz they qualified for the Presidents trophy, which was open for the top 20 times in practice for modified and non modified. There were quite a few damaged cars. I was guys go around without windscreens :D I supposed AP was one of the few guys to get thru the day without damaging the car, since he was in front all the time. Just about everyone else had some sorta damage. Even DD had some sorta problem with his right fender after the Presidents trophy. I think the Yunikon cars managed to survive fairly undamaged too.

Anyone know what happened to that guy who took a spill in the bikes? We heard he was in pretty bad condition...

Apart from the track we saw a nasty accident at Hambanthota - sooriyawewa road when we heading towards colombo. It was maroon colour proton saga collided with a white colour lorry seems to be hit more over 100+.

I remember that car was parked somewhere near the paddocks on sunday. it was very sad to say that i heard three prople were dead who was in the car. May be the falut is at lorry driver as the tyre/brake marks of the lorry saw on the wrong side of it. also got to know that lorry driver found under influence of alchohol as well.

anyone else has seen this who are heading towards colombo on that road?

Apart from the track we saw a nasty accident at Hambanthota - sooriyawewa road when we heading towards colombo. It was maroon colour proton saga collided with a white colour lorry seems to be hit more over 100+.

I remember that car was parked somewhere near the paddocks on sunday. it was very sad to say that i heard three prople were dead who was in the car. May be the falut is at lorry driver as the tyre/brake marks of the lorry saw on the wrong side of it. also got to know that lorry driver found under influence of alchohol as well.

anyone else has seen this who are heading towards colombo on that road?

yea heard this machan, he is into car sales or something it seems. damn what a sad scene.

Just finished reviewing the pics. Damn, I have outdone myself! :D Somebody should be paying me for work like this! :( I do hope the drivers and riders take up my offer for large size mounted prints, coz I have made them look good! Specially Gayan Sandaruwan. Bugger was catching some spectacular air, and I got some spectacular shots!! ;)

Preveen, Absolutely great timing on your shots. Great job.

• 2 weeks later...

there was an astina racing.. what class was that in and how did it do?

ya mchan, he ran in the novices event.. but i should say this, yoshitha drove pretty well for a novice.. but then again meeting the real contenders is frightning..anyways congrats to him..

by the way preveen, i think i saw u at the dinner on sunday with nigel n the croud.. but couldn't talk to u cos we were leaving...

what preveen says its absoluetely true....its full of dust...thats why lots of veteron racing drivers like dilantha m. and all had to go out of the race cos they pushed their mchines assuming that its a straight road, BUT its not!!! and landed on the safety area.. im sooooooo happy that i came 2nd in my event.. nooo regrets..cos u cnt see anything infront of u and also rohan is a much more experienced driver than me..its both the mud on the screen and the dust..u just have to imagine how the corner's r gonna be....hmmm, it wud hv been easy if it had about 6,7 corners..but this had 19 corners including 2 sharp S curves...!!! man, it was tough..i took part in the fastest 20 cars too and i couldnt see anything but dust, but i also saw dinesh s, nalin d, n kanchana knock their selves without control. i spun twice on the free run on friday..but managed to keep in control for the race without pushing it too hard in the final lap cos if i had made one and spun zakie wud have overtaken me...sooo that is it..sorry for the late response cos i had no place to access internet to. now i have access to internet 24 hrs and will keep in tough with yaaal..

cheers guys...

by the way preveen, i think i saw u at the dinner on sunday with nigel n the croud.. but couldn't talk to u cos we were leaving...

Too bad bro. Next time for sure! Dinner on Saturday tho.... dunno if they had anything on Sunday, coz we headed back to Colombo even before the prize giving. Which is why I have no shots of the prize giving :grinning-smiley-003: Down to about 10 shots left by that time anyway, so....