• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Races At Tissa

fuzzo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you've been following the developments you'll know that its being done on a massive scale with approval right from the top. Even though next weekend's race is going to be held on the 3.6 km loop, the eventual facility will have 3 layouts, the longest of which will be the 5.6 km Grand Prix layout.

Its good times for racing these days because there is Kurunegala this weekend, Tissa the weekend after and Nuwara Eliya the weekend after that. Then, there are like 3 Katus left this year including 2 in September.

Hi autolanka friends!

This is the first ever picture of Tissa International race track taken few days back.This will be here only for a limited period and will be removed as requested by the track owners/race organisers.Please dont post the picture again after removing.

Thanks!

Miniace

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The posted picture is removed as requested

Hi autolanka friends!

This is the first ever picture of Tissa International race track taken few days back.This will be here only for a limited period and will be removed as requested by the track owners/race organisers.Please dont post the picture again after removing.

Hay miniace thanks for the pic !

Hi autolanka friends!

Thanks!

Miniace

Errr... it doesn't look finished. But the layout is cool!

The track I heard is complete. But ppl have mixed feelings about the organizers and whether they can make it a success... but lets hope for the best and that it doesn't turn out to be like Kurunegala.

Any one whose planning to come - be prepared for the heat and bring along plenty of drinking water...

If anyone need accomodation let me know - I might be able to hook you up with a couple of places..

coz he likes u. :lol:

That's very indecent of you to have said that. And it's "because" not "coz" :lol:

ummm, why did u quote my reply and reply to madmax?

he! he! i remember you were complaining about having to be the official reporter of AL @Katukurunda because of the heat.

he! he! i remember you were complaining about having to be the official reporter of AL @Katukurunda because of the heat.

A. Thats photographer.

B. Was complaining of the sun, not the heat. I still have a noticable tan line on my upper arms after that day.

C. There seem to be more trees around than Katu in the arial shots, so there should be shade.

Edited by Pericles

Anyone got the entry list? especially supercars

Un-Confirmed entry list for Super car event as follows...

1) Reyaz farook

2) Nalin Dilpriya

3) Janaka Dias

4) Mahinda Premarathna

5) Aravinda Premadasa

6) Dinesh Jayawardane

7) Kapila Jayasundara

8) Kanchana Ratnayake

9) Dinesh Deheragoda

10) Shantha Suraweera

11) Dilantha Malagamuwa

12) Sarath Pathirage

I will update the confirmed entry list in another day or two.

These are the final list for the GT class which was released at the Driver’s briefing yesterday.

1) Reyaz Farook

2) Nalin Dilpriya

3) Janaka Dias

4) Mahinda Premarathna

5) Aravinda Premadasa

6) Dinesh Jayawardane

7) Kapila Jayasundara

8) Kanchana Ratnayake

9) Dinesh Deheragoda

10) Shantha Suraweera

11) Dilantha Malagamuwa

12) Sanjeewa De Mel

13) Dan Dissanayake

14) Carman Thenuwara

15) Dhanuka Ramanayake

There will be 2 events for these drivers. One will be the GT class and the other will be the open event which will be called the “Grand Prix”. This event consisting of the fastest 20 cars on the day of qualifying. This means even if a standard car qualifies within the fastest 20 cars, they can run the “Grand Prix” event.

The GT event will be 8 laps and the “Grand Prix” event will be 10 laps. Each lap will be 3.4km which means these 2 events will be the longest circuit race run ever for the Super Cars. This 10 laps of 3.4km is equaling to 27 laps at Fox Hill.

What a race this is going to be... Dont Miss it.......

Cheers for all !!!!!! :D