• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Handbrake Lock Release

neXGen

Hi,

Jst would wanna knw whether derez any freakin possible way o disable da safety lock mechanism o da handbrake cuz wanna do some driftin ;-) lolz.. in da sense dat once da handbrake is lifted when drivin it should automatically go down without da need o pressin da switch.. ofcourse dere should b a way 2 manual lock da handbrake in park! lmao... lemme knw..

Zz

From ur style of writing, (and lack of knowledge on the handbrake) I'd say ur too young to try drifting. Take a couple of years to learn some control first. Drifting ain't for amateurs

Knowledge has no age limit.. just wanna knw whether itz possbile :-) . And frankly, i aint gonna do no driftin wit an auto FW transmission nah? Was wondering though whether the lock could be released without the button being pressed and manually locking it. Just wanna knw... lolz..

Zz

handbrake cuz wanna do some driftin ;-) lolz.. in da sense dat once da handbrake is lifted when drivin it should automatically go down without da need o pressin da switch.. ofcourse dere should b a way 2 manual lock da handbrake in park! lmao... lemme knw..

Zz

:D You've said yourself that you want to do drifting. Well happy drifting to you, But I don't get the question anyway. Why can't you just hold the handbrake up with the button pressed in and put it down when you want to :D I'm guessing that's what is normally done anyway.

Since you have an auto why not just remove the handbrake all together and just use ur brake pedal :)

wut i really like bout it is da control ya ll need 2 have 2 get a car thru a turn rather dan racin up a straight road.. itz a test o skilz in a way ..

Zz

DO u has that iskills :)

:D You've said yourself that you want to do drifting. Well happy drifting to you, But I don't get the question anyway. Why can't you just hold the handbrake up with the button pressed in and put it down when you want to :D I'm guessing that's what is normally done anyway.

Since you have an auto why not just remove the handbrake all together and just use ur brake pedal :)

DO u has that iskills :)

heehee.. sarcasm eh? lolz.. wel ya could clear see the ;-) (eye twinkle) emoti i ve put right after my quote nah? and i ve explained as to why i wouldnt be able 2 drift nywayz.. lmao.. nah dude.. da thin is once ya lift da handbrake with the button pressed, ya ve gotton press the button to release the handbrake too.. i JUST wanna know whether that could be bypassed hehe.. i mean lift da handbrake with the button depressed and just release it so that it would automatically release the handbrake without the need of pressing the button.

Itz all too complicated to explain but am sure once ya read closely ya ll get a idea o where i wanna get at.. lolz.. duh.. removin da handbrake and usin the brake pedal in a vehicle which has ABS wil have no sufficient effect n assistin the skiddin of the car nah? n ya d expect me 2 keep some stonez behind each wheel once i park? ;-) lolz...

didnt get ya last sentence bro.. "Do u has that iskills :-)" ????

Zz

removin da handbrake and usin the brake pedal in a vehicle which has ABS wil have no sufficient effect n assistin the skiddin of the car nah? n ya d expect me 2 keep some stonez behind each wheel once i park? ;-) lolz...

Its auto isnt it, then shifting the gear to 'P' would be sufficient to keep the car in place even on a hill!!! ...

And i dont see whats difficult in pressing the knob to pull and push down the H Brake, thats like 1/4 of the fun! Cos that takes some skillz too and its all about timing...

Its auto isnt it, then shifting the gear to 'P' would be sufficient to keep the car in place even on a hill!!! ...

And i dont see whats difficult in pressing the knob to pull and push down the H Brake, thats like 1/4 of the fun! Cos that takes some skillz too and its all about timing...

yup.. P ll b sufficient.. safety first.. handbrake on! :-)

thanx 4 a sensible reply ;-) da probz is wit older vehicles, da buttonz r kinda eh.. stuck in a way.. so once pullin da handbrake up.. ya ve got hassle bringin it down.. dis aint wit ALL ol vehiclez no way.. lolz.. just some i ve rode recently :-)

gues ma hopez 4 handbrake without da buttonz dminishin sniff.. lmao.. n theoretically .. itz impossible 2 drift wit auto.. so no driftin 4 me! especially when am stuck wit a normal car hehe..

Zz

da probz is wit older vehicles, da buttonz r kinda eh.. stuck in a way.. so once pullin da handbrake up.. ya ve got hassle bringin it down.. dis aint wit ALL ol vehiclez no way.. lolz.. just some i ve rode recently :-)

Zz

So dont let go of the button!!! :D , keep it pressed on the way up and down... :D

yup.. P ll b sufficient.. safety first.. handbrake on! :-)

thanx 4 a sensible reply ;-) da probz is wit older vehicles, da buttonz r kinda eh.. stuck in a way.. so once pullin da handbrake up.. ya ve got hassle bringin it down.. dis aint wit ALL ol vehiclez no way.. lolz.. just some i ve rode recently :-)

gues ma hopez 4 handbrake without da buttonz dminishin sniff.. lmao.. n theoretically .. itz impossible 2 drift wit auto.. so no driftin 4 me! especially when am stuck wit a normal car hehe..

Zz

PRESS THE KNOB & PUT SOME PAPER INSIDE, THATS THE EASIEST WAY TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM

AFTER YOUR DRIFTING SESSION IS FINISHED TAKE THE PAPER OUT :D AND KEEP IN A SAFER PLACE TO RE USE

gues datz a part which i ve gotta really work only lmao... da thin which really got dis idea runnin on ma head wuz tokyo drift.. man.. wicked driftin.. n da fact dat al da drivin wuz done in real life without any cgi involved..

hey bud.. would ya recommend ny place where i could kinda like advertise a bulb which i ve got which i wanna sel? cuz pal sent a freakin bulb which aint fittin ma vandiya.. n itz kinda costly too...

Zz

PRESS THE KNOB & PUT SOME PAPER INSIDE, THATS THE EASIEST WAY TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM

AFTER YOUR DRIFTING SESSION IS FINISHED TAKE THE PAPER OUT :D AND KEEP IN A SAFER PLACE TO RE USE

god damn dude!! awesome idea! lolz.. gotta try dat shit out hehe.. cmon man! told dat i aint gonna do no driftin lmao.. but stil itz a worthwhile idea!! thanx! :-)

Zz

gues datz a part which i ve gotta really work only lmao... da thin which really got dis idea runnin on ma head wuz tokyo drift.. man.. wicked driftin.. n da fact dat al da drivin wuz done in real life without any cgi involved..

hey bud.. would ya recommend ny place where i could kinda like advertise a bulb which i ve got which i wanna sel? cuz pal sent a freakin bulb which aint fittin ma vandiya.. n itz kinda costly too...

Zz

AL Classifieds.

Zz

god damn dude!! awesome idea! lolz.. gotta try dat shit out hehe.. cmon man! told dat i aint gonna do no driftin lmao.. but stil itz a worthwhile idea!! thanx! :-)

Zz

Man.... it's too painful to read ur post :D take so long.... Too much texting... Ahh....

hmmm.. gotta pay some stuf 4 advertisin eh? lolz.. thanx nywayz dude! gotta advertise in hitadz when i get da cash...

Zz

I'm sure from the wording of the ad we'll know it's you a mile away :action-smiley-060: Jk dude I couldn't resist. Anyway there's a lot more to drifting than just pressing buttons and moving handbrakes around I'm sure, someone had posted a link to a video on drifts gone wrong sometime back. Good luck to you when you do get a car that you can drift, just make sure you don't end up looking like one of those stunt kids on Colombo streets who cant even shift gears in a straight line but think they can race everybody on the road becos of their two-ton body-kite :jumping-smiley-013:

heehee... yeah dude.. itz al bout timin and control.. n how many timez i ve 2 say dis.. but.. i am NOT gonna drift.. lmao.. @least not in da near future.. lmao..

just wanna test the limits o ma vehicle :-) no bodykit o fancy shit.. just did some basic modz 4 now n some major 1z comin up.. after al.. itz a freakin FW Auto Tranny.. sniff...

Zz

I honestly dont like people who 'try' to drift in Colombo- gives a bad name to all of us and makes night driving on weekends even harder with the cops.. if you want take turns quicker- buy your self a manual tranny car..

on flip side if you must.. you get 'drift type' hand brake knobs.. will cost you upwards of 5k locally

I honestly dont like people who 'try' to drift in Colombo- gives a bad name to all of us and makes night driving on weekends even harder with the cops.. if you want take turns quicker- buy your self a manual tranny car..

on flip side if you must.. you get 'drift type' hand brake knobs.. will cost you upwards of 5k locally

lolz.. dnt worry bro.. ma wrkz done way interior in wellawatte away from da copz ;-) .. nah bro.. just kiddin bout da driftin part.. derez just like 10% o good roadz over here 2 drift on so better not take a risk nywayz.. just asked 4 knwledgez sake.. not 4 practical experience..

hmm... drift type hb leverz eh? nah.. i aint dat hardcore.. lmao.. nt 2 mention rich.. thanx 4 da headz up though! :-)

Zz

Nope just a knob.. nothing mechnical.. Hmmm Wella 'err? You'll get your as* wipped by the locals if you try anything funny on the inner roads :action-smiley-060:

hyak hyak true buddy.. but i ve seen no copz around da hampden lane area so itz kinda cop free.. but it really helpz if ya dadz a lawyer 2 .. lmao.. aint wantin no probz wit da copz.. n dere aint gonna b any probz lolz.. i ve had enough cop shit wit an expedition 2 kandy.. so itz over! lolz..

Zz

cool scene dude, another wella boy.. better not try hampden there's a check at the end of it and at the Paman junc that connects on to WA silva.. lol your going in OT in your own thread- you need to start posting in the post whoring thread.