• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Allion

VWvortex

I have heard and seen reports that Mazda still struggles with build quality; even the Mazda3 does not have good build quality it seems to match a contemporary Toyota or a Honda. Evidently that's whay they sell cheaper. Furthermore how economical of a ride be an Axela?

I've owned 2 mazda's in the past and never had problems with the build quality. Still have an old Familia that's going fine for over 8 years and we have really hacked it! The Axela can be quite thirsty, my friend's one does around 7-8 in traffic.

Also Mazda is paying a lot more attention to detail these days, the build quality of the new 3, 6 and RX-8 is a worlds apart from the older models and it certainly looks and feels better than a corolla or sunny! The new civic is ok but the mazda looks better to me. They are also getting it right by providing a good mix between comfort and driving pleasure.

the newer mazdas have no issues with build quality...though some may be a bit plasticky they're pretty good for our standards ie compared to the choices we have...but fuzzo will tell you all about thirst...

the altezza has a 2L beams engine...that's BMW 3-series territory...speaking of which why not a 318i?

I've owned 2 mazda's in the past and never had problems with the build quality. Still have an old Familia that's going fine for over 8 years and we have really hacked it! The Axela can be quite thirsty, my friend's one does around 7-8 in traffic.

Also Mazda is paying a lot more attention to detail these days, the build quality of the new 3, 6 and RX-8 is a worlds apart from the older models and it certainly looks and feels better than a corolla or sunny! The new civic is ok but the mazda looks better to me. They are also getting it right by providing a good mix between comfort and driving pleasure.

three things i need to say,

1) Axela just as I suspected is a thirsty vehicle, thus is not a suitable choice for our topic starter. (everything else listed below is OT)

2) leonardo is talking about a personal experience(with his Mazda's), personal stories do not always paint a very correct picture. [suppose leonardo has has taken a real good care of his vehicle, even Kia's do not give troubles if properly maintained] - my experience is with reports I have read in the internet and about personal stories I have heard, I could very well be wrong but that's my experience. So i guess it all comes down to individual perspective ;)

3) certainly the newer Mazda's are wonderful looking pieces even the good 2006 Camry bought ideas from Mazda6, so i agree with the appearance bit. but Mazda's are some what known for giving strange reliebility issues and they aren't all that much refined rides like Toyota's.(just my opinion)

three things i need to say,

1) Axela just as I suspected is a thirsty vehicle, thus is not a suitable choice for our topic starter. (everything else listed below is OT)

2) leonardo is talking about a personal experience(with his Mazda's), personal stories do not always paint a very correct picture. [suppose leonardo has has taken a real good care of his vehicle, even Kia's do not give troubles if properly maintained] - my experience is with reports I have read in the internet and about personal stories I have heard, I could very well be wrong but that's my experience. So i guess it all comes down to individual perspective :D

3) certainly the newer Mazda's are wonderful looking pieces even the good 2006 Camry bought ideas from Mazda6, so i agree with the appearance bit. but Mazda's are some what known for giving strange reliebility issues and they aren't all that much refined rides like Toyota's.(just my opinion)

since this has drifted to the axela, though i give my opinion. i got a mazda axela, and for me its pretty reliable. my car is doing about 9-10. yea it is a thirsty vehicle, but that is only if ur leg is allways on the accelerator. im not saying that its the best car ever, but its a good car. its just my openion. and yes, its all in the hands of the user and how he maintains it, just like for u, i dont like the honda city, cuz i have very bad experience with it. its one of the worst car i ever drove, but i may be wrong,may be its a result of poor maintanence. just my openinon. no hard feelings man. ;)

since this has drifted to the axela, though i give my opinion. i got a mazda axela, and for me its pretty reliable. my car is doing about 9-10. yea it is a thirsty vehicle, but that is only if ur leg is allways on the accelerator. im not saying that its the best car ever, but its a good car. its just my openion. and yes, its all in the hands of the user and how he maintains it, just like for u, i dont like the honda city, cuz i have very bad experience with it. its one of the worst car i ever drove, but i may be wrong,may be its a result of poor maintanence. just my openinon. no hard feelings man. ;)

he! he! how can you ever compare a light weight budget sedan meant for 3rd world countries wit hardly any build quality with a ford focus plaform based car! sure you must have had issues wit the city, i suggest you compare the 8th generation civic line up with the Mazda3 line up...

You know the 3 is derived from the next generation Ford Focus platform, sharing the same control-blade (multi-link) rear suspensions, in contrast to rivals' torsion-beam axle. It also has electro-hydraulic power steering, versus rivals' pure electric power steering. And then there is an alluminum four-cylinder 16-valve engine, complete with variable valve timing and variable intake manifolds. All these signs are so promising. Will it be a class winner?

http://www.autozine.org/html/Mazda/Mazda3.html

head to head

Civic 1.8L with Mazda3 1.6L

Civic 2.0L(155hp) with Mazda3 2.0L

Civic 2.0L(197hp) with Mazda3 2.3L

you'd get at what I have been trying to say!

On another note you can still compare the Toyota line-up[corolla-allion-premio] with the Mazda3 line-up too and get at what I have been trying to say!

no hard feelings man. :D

hmmm with that budget you can afford a black wrx with a nice kit and 18" wheels...interested...

ha ha ha ha, planing to lend it to him for a weekend use,so that he will change his idea about fuel consumption on a rex. B)

mazda 3 is a very nice.

Hmm i seen some 406's for sale, going between 2.9-3.1 unreg.. hows the car overall?

406's were one of those cars which had the lowest reselling value back in UK and rest europe. So they landed here in SL cheaper than corolla's. (some time ago b4 the new taxes were imposed) despite relatively low prices none of the owners whom i know have had anything really bad to say about it. some tend to say it lacks torque climbing uphill and some say the car might not be stable at high speeds, but no major complain from what i gather. my uncle who has one says it does decently good on fuel comparing to itz midsized counterparts (am not sure exactly whether 406 is midsized but certainly looks as big as a camry or an accord)

there was an allion fever som year ago or so but the trend ain't picking any heat nowdays. According to my judgement the popularity of Allion is due to following

1) Itz Totyota

2) Itz smoth

3) Itz Comfortable

4) Itz fairly economical

5) Itz All-In-ONe thus Allion

6) Itz got loads of goodies that Sri Lankans are so find of (like rear camera)

7) Looks good: sporty, yet gentleman like

Jesus I get fed up writing so much, but there's plenty more ;)

BTW on a contrary note I think Allion's do slip much like itz sister 121 Corolla (as proven by forbes records), remember the accidents that were reported with Allion's going fast B)

I could have never said it better.... B)

he! he! how can you ever compare a light weight budget sedan meant for 3rd world countries wit hardly any build quality with a ford focus plaform based car! sure you must have had issues wit the city, i suggest you compare the 8th generation civic line up with the Mazda3 line up...

http://www.autozine.org/html/Mazda/Mazda3.html

head to head

Civic 1.8L with Mazda3 1.6L

Civic 2.0L(155hp) with Mazda3 2.0L

Civic 2.0L(197hp) with Mazda3 2.3L

you'd get at what I have been trying to say!

On another note you can still compare the Toyota line-up[corolla-allion-premio] with the Mazda3 line-up too and get at what I have been trying to say!

no hard feelings man. :lol:

hey sorry dude, but i didnt compare the mazda with any fords, nor any hondas. i only said its a nice car, and i didnt mean to be rude about the city, but the one i drow is a bad one, and i didnt compare it with the mazda. any ways, im also getting a allion 1.8 soon for home use, and after i get il compare and see. hey machan no hard feeling dude. :angry-smiley-024:

It is quite good in comfort. But the A15 is under-powered, some say it has good acceleration but not for me. I haven't travelled in an A18 to comment on it.

The Allion is exaggerated in all areas including the price! You have to pay extra based on the color as well.

I would never believe this!

After driving it (my friend's K-reg car) I can tell you the Allion is total crap to drive. About this economy figure. Sounds a load of bull to me eventhough many folk insist that they get 12-13. Maybe they pussyfoot around all the time.

Even the ride comfort is not that great.

The 406 is streets ahead. Ride is fantastic. Handling is brilliant. Economy should be around 8km/l which is the avearge for that kind of car.

Try to get a UK spec 2.0 16v and it's quite energetic too.

hey sorry dude, but i didnt compare the mazda with any fords, nor any hondas. i only said its a nice car, and i didnt mean to be rude about the city, but the one i drow is a bad one, and i didnt compare it with the mazda. any ways, im also getting a allion 1.8 soon for home use, and after i get il compare and see. hey machan no hard feeling dude. :lol:

No offence intended and none taken sir!

I was talking about Mazda3's (basically Mazda's) relative position in the automotive world. Have nothing against Mazda as such, infact am a fan of the Mazda6 my self and Mazda is the undoudtedly the kings of Rotary! :angry-smiley-024:

After driving it (my friend's K-reg car) I can tell you the Allion is total crap to drive. About this economy figure. Sounds a load of bull to me eventhough many folk insist that they get 12-13. Maybe they pussyfoot around all the time.

Even the ride comfort is not that great.

The 406 is streets ahead. Ride is fantastic. Handling is brilliant. Economy should be around 8km/l which is the avearge for that kind of car.

Try to get a UK spec 2.0 16v and it's quite energetic too.

I can say

1) I agree

2) I agree

allion doesn't do 12-13 in city (especially if A/T)

406 is a good one my uncle has it and he just love it

No offence intended and none taken sir!

I was talking about Mazda3's (basically Mazda's) relative position in the automotive world. Have nothing against Mazda as such, infact am a fan of the Mazda6 my self and Mazda is the undoudtedly the kings of Rotary! :lol:

I can say

1) I agree

2) I agree

allion doesn't do 12-13 in city (especially if A/T)

406 is a good one my uncle has it and he just love it

ofcourse you can not compare an Allion with a 406.. not even near... Allion is total crap compared to a 406... I drove a 406 to Kurunegala and back... one thing I'll tell you man.. it was a sweet drive all the way.. handling was superb even at high speed cornering... doesnt even screech... comfort is superb...

heard that Toyota is more interested in their Sales than quality or performance... also one of our friends working at Toyota in SL told us that they have been asked to focus more on to new models than old one's where spares are concerend

:lol:

ofcourse you can not compare an Allion with a 406.. not even near... Allion is total crap compared to a 406... I drove a 406 to Kurunegala and back... one thing I'll tell you man.. it was a sweet drive all the way.. handling was superb even at high speed cornering... doesnt even screech... comfort is superb...

heard that Toyota is more interested in their Sales than quality or performance... also one of our friends working at Toyota in SL told us that they have been asked to focus more on to new models than old one's where spares are concerend

Toyota according to my opinion is playing a very smart game. They spend mammoth amount on research of customer needs/wants. In the end they come up with the ultimate marketing mix satisfying the mainstream buyer. The product, after sales services etc. frankly the whole value chain is optimised to address the mainstream buyers' concerns. The end result is Toyota offering the best solution in the market for a typical buyer. For instance, they do not offer double wish bone in their Corolla's etc. in doing so they can provide for more space whilst saving the higher cost of double wish bone against struts. That design decision overlooks handling and to make things even worse Toyota has a soft suspension tunes. But heck what, the mainstream buyer hardly push the car to the limits in a corner(where stiff tuning helps). The mainstream buyer is happy with the daily comfort that a Toyota is providing. (I think even Honda can't match comfort and refinement of Toyota, only competiotion is from Europe I guess)

I for once thought that it sucks but now I believe that in doing what they are doing they do more good than bad. Ultimately if people are happy buying Toyota's, so be it. I praise Toyota for being just that. :D

:)

Toyota according to my opinion is playing a very smart game. They spend mammoth amount on research of customer needs/wants. In the end they come up with the ultimate marketing mix satisfying the mainstream buyer. The product, after sales services etc. frankly the whole value chain is optimised to address the mainstream buyers' concerns. The end result is Toyota offering the best solution in the market for a typical buyer. For instance, they do not offer double wish bone in their Corolla's etc. in doing so they can provide for more space whilst saving the higher cost of double wish bone against struts. That design decision overlooks handling and to make things even worse Toyota has a soft suspension tunes. But heck what, the mainstream buyer hardly push the car to the limits in a corner(where stiff tuning helps). The mainstream buyer is happy with the daily comfort that a Toyota is providing. (I think even Honda can't match comfort and refinement of Toyota, only competiotion is from Europe I guess)

I for once thought that it sucks but now I believe that in doing what they are doing they do more good than bad. Ultimately if people are happy buying Toyota's, so be it. I praise Toyota for being just that. :)

yup... but let me correct you where comfort is concerned machang.... have you ridden in the new Civic 2006 or the new Accord ? machang go to Stafford and get a test drive on the civic and then try to get a test drive in a new Corrolla or a Camry.... soon you'll know what I'm talking about... ( but I'm not quite sure of the latest Camry though )

yup... but let me correct you where comfort is concerned machang.... have you ridden in the new Civic 2006 or the new Accord ? machang go to Stafford and get a test drive on the civic and then try to get a test drive in a new Corrolla or a Camry.... soon you'll know what I'm talking about... ( but I'm not quite sure of the latest Camry though )

a ) 8th generation civic has to some extent broken the tradition of stiff suspension and been biased towards more comfort, this is why people just hate the newer civic. So in essence the normal 1.8L sedan we know is not very representative of Honda's or Civic's at large.

b ) you are trying to compare a 3+ million, previous generation, 5 year old Corolla with the latest generation, 5+ million Civic ... await the next generation Corolla and try to beat that. Perhaps you can compare the Allion with the new Civic and comment!

BDW do they give rides for customers who come to repair vehicles?