• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Allion

VWvortex

Anyone on the forum own a A18 or A15 Allion? Can someone please commnect on the economy,comfort and anything in particular to look out for when buying one of these.

Im more interested in the A18 as it's the 1800 cc with 130 BHP. Also heard there is no difference in fuel econmony between the A15 (1500cc) & A18

Anyone on the forum own a A18 or A15 Allion? Can someone please commnect on the economy,comfort and anything in particular to look out for when buying one of these.

Im more interested in the A18 as it's the 1800 cc with 130 BHP. Also heard there is no difference in fuel econmony between the A15 (1500cc) & A18

aint no Allion owner, but one of my good friends own one, the auto is suppose to return about 9km/L in traffic.

Also heard there is no difference in fuel econmony between the A15 (1500cc) & A18

could very well be true given power-to-weight ratios, 1.5L 105hp is a bit underpowered for that body thus contributing adversely for the fuel economy as some 1.3L normal compacts sedans do, I'd say on a good day with gentlemen driving you'd find the A18 more efficient!

aint no Allion owner, but one of my good friends own one, the auto is suppose to return about 9km/L in traffic.

Only 9?? some quote 12-13 in city and 16-17 outstations.. of course these figures could be exaggeration :lol:

I am not really sure about how fuel efficient the Allions are, but from what i have heard lately, the VVT engine normally goes upto 15-20 KM/L at times depending on the road situation. It might be not true yeah, but I have heard this from plenty of VVT-engined car owners..

Zz

It is quite good in comfort. But the A15 is under-powered, some say it has good acceleration but not for me. I haven't travelled in an A18 to comment on it.

The Allion is exaggerated in all areas including the price! You have to pay extra based on the color as well.

some quote 12-13 in city and 16-17 outstations

I would never believe this!

if your looking for just a show piece.. then go for it... but if your looking for driving plesure you could buy something much better for that kind of cash...

comfort is ok

very smooth

nice interior

car sucks at high rev's

handling sucks at even 120

very nice show piece

if your looking for just a show piece.. then go for it... but if your looking for driving plesure you could buy something much better for that kind of cash...

comfort is ok

very smooth

nice interior

car sucks at high rev's

handling sucks at even 120

very nice show piece

So what do you suggest if i want more driving pleasure as well (Civic?) Has to be within the limits of 1800cc and an unreg car.

So what do you suggest if i want more driving pleasure as well (Civic?) Has to be within the limits of 1800cc and an unreg car.

I've not driven an allion but I have been in a A1.5 once. Came fully loaded with skirtings and DVD player, reverse camera etc and its suspension is very comfortable and softish, just right for SL potholded roads! Not a fan of the models with bodykits, they don't suit the car at all in my opinion.

I have driven a Mazda3 and the driving experience was very decent. The ride is a bit harder, and the car was grippy. I loved the steering, it gives very good feedback.

I think a Mazda3 1.6 litre is slightly cheaper than an Allion so that may be a better cboice.

well yeah that's a good starting option... as you are looking for Unreg's I dont have many options to give you but like Leanardo mentiuoned you could go for a Mazda3 which is better than a Allion of course.. you got the looks and the feel both.. also you could go for a Accord.. which is just awesome.... WOW...

the altezza is also in your budget...but finding it unreg will be the issue

Does the Premio & the Allion share the same engine?

For a budget of 3.5 u could also go for a Used Xtrail, if it isnt already sold...

There are a few very nice Civic's around...are these having 1.6 litre engines? Fuel economy?

dont buy those 12+km/L in colombo traffic stories for an AUTOMATIC TRASNMISSION car, i repeat i said for an A/T in fierce traffic(from rajagiriya to wellawatte) with 3 passengers and 9-10 is what you realistically get in a heavier than Corolla 121 Toyota!

My friend has a 1.5L A/T Carina(predecessor of Allion) which does only 8km/L in traffic

heck what the same auto tranny may do 16++km/L outstation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting back our topic : You should ideally buy a Civic RS(1.7L) with 3-stage vtec(suppose to be economical), but dunno whether they are for sale anymore

Why is it that there are so many Allion's around these days all of a sudden..

there was an allion fever som year ago or so but the trend ain't picking any heat nowdays. According to my judgement the popularity of Allion is due to following

1) Itz Totyota

2) Itz smoth

3) Itz Comfortable

4) Itz fairly economical

5) Itz All-In-ONe thus Allion

6) Itz got loads of goodies that Sri Lankans are so find of (like rear camera)

7) Looks good: sporty, yet gentleman like

Jesus I get fed up writing so much, but there's plenty more :lol:

BTW on a contrary note I think Allion's do slip much like itz sister 121 Corolla (as proven by forbes records), remember the accidents that were reported with Allion's going fast :lol:

For that money get a Mazda Axela

I have heard and seen reports that Mazda still struggles with build quality; even the Mazda3 does not have good build quality it seems to match a contemporary Toyota or a Honda. Evidently that's whay they sell cheaper. Furthermore how economical of a ride be an Axela?