• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Greetings From Canada

Tincap

Hello all!

I've just happened to come across your forum, which is pretty cool, as (unfortunately) most of what we hear from Sri Lanka isn't the happiest of situations.

I live in Sudbury, Ontario (about 400km north of Toronto) and drive (amongst other things) a '91 Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Twin Turbo, which I've imported from Japan. Fast, beautiful and owning a RHD car in Canada is da bomb!

Nice to find some folks who are into the car scene...and are connected no matter where we live!

Cheers!

BG

First of all, Welcome to Autolanka and have a plseant stay.

a '91 Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Twin Turbo, which I've imported from Japan. Fast, beautiful and owning a RHD car in Canada is da bomb!

Damn, Do you mind putting some pictures of your Fairlady? would love to see.

Don't you feel bit odd when you drive a RHD in Canada?

OK, here's a couple of pix of my Z!

a000_2658-1.jpg

a000_2660-1.jpg

Driving an RHD car in Canada is not too, too difficult. One does have to take a little extra care when passing on the 2 lane roads...but once you've commited, the power to get the job done is not a problem!

Judging by some of the posts I've read you guys seems to have a bit more variety than your neighbours to the north, eh? Is there a pretty hot import scene in Sri Lanka?

BG

On be half of team Autolanka WELCOME TO AUTOLANKA. I’m from Toronto. are you sri lankan? we should meet up one day for a chat. do you ever come to Toronto because I’ve never been in Sudbury. you have a lovely car…… how did you get it down?

Don't be foolish driving a RWD car in canada! U might kill urself with that. I'd be glad to take it off your hands as a favor... :rolleyes:

Nice looking car.. how are the turbines holding up? any leaks?

On be half of team Autolanka WELCOME TO AUTOLANKA. I’m from Toronto. are you sri lankan? we should meet up one day for a chat. do you ever come to Toronto because I’ve never been in Sudbury. you have a lovely car…… how did you get it down?

Greetings Dillon, I've just taken a peak in your 'garage' :rolleyes: Wow! Some heavy metal, in the land of awesome tea ;) .

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not Sri Lankan, I'm Dutch/Canadian! I've lived and worked in Europe, the States and the Middle East, but not (yet) on the sub-continent.

The Z I've bought through auction in Japan, on-line. A pretty interesting experience, I must say, but well worth it! (GUYS, IT IS FOR SALE!) I'd like to bring other interesting stuff over, like perhaps...a 20B Cosmo or something ;)

My better half and I have been rather busy up here in Sudbury...we are currently packing up for our move to the Ottawa area (Sept. 1st). Once we settle down Dillon, we can chat 'cuz believe me, Ottawa is a more interesting place than Sudbury! ;)

Cheers!

BG

I bought the Z nearly one year ago (August 11th) and had at the docks, in Japan, in late September. Just before it was put on the boat, I discovered that the build date was November 1990. Zoinks! TOO NEW TO COME TO CANADA! (Here we have a '15 year' rule...to the month!)

So, back into storage it went. Finally arrived, here in Sudbury, in March of this year. After that....just had to wait for the nice weather to come along (which takes a while, here in Canada... <_< ).

I've always intended on selling it, wanting to bring in more.... B)

You guys have a healthy JDM scene going on in Sri Lanka?

BG

Greetings Dillon, I've just taken a peak in your 'garage' <_< Wow! Some heavy metal, in the land of awesome tea :D .

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not Sri Lankan, I'm Dutch/Canadian! I've lived and worked in Europe, the States and the Middle East, but not (yet) on the sub-continent.

The Z I've bought through auction in Japan, on-line. A pretty interesting experience, I must say, but well worth it! (GUYS, IT IS FOR SALE!) I'd like to bring other interesting stuff over, like perhaps...a 20B Cosmo or something B)

My better half and I have been rather busy up here in Sudbury...we are currently packing up for our move to the Ottawa area (Sept. 1st). Once we settle down Dillon, we can chat 'cuz believe me, Ottawa is a more interesting place than Sudbury! B)

Cheers!

BG

Hey bro… what’s up? have you been to sri lanka before…I think you have… of cause sri lanka is a heavy metal country compare to other asian counties…. specially nature vice that is the most beautiful planet on earth…. We have all Japanese Top end cars in sri lanka ( Supra, Skyline GTR, WRX, Evo, RX-7, Silvia, 300Z, 350Z, RX-8, GTO, FTO etc….) it is a happening place trust me…. If you haven’t been to Sri Lanka… you must go….. that’s cool I know Ottawa is a very nice place…. Yeah for sure will meet up once you settle down… by the way how many clicks you have it in that 300Z if you don’t mind……

Also go to our own Autolanka gallery click on More collections then go to Sri Lanka Super Car Enthusiasts Event then you can see most of the supper cars in sri lanka…..

More links to sri lanka

Click here for Sri Lankan hip-hop videos

Sri Lankan Drags

have a nive day.....enjoy ;)

OK, here's a couple of pix of my Z!

a000_2658-1.jpg

a000_2660-1.jpg

Driving an RHD car in Canada is not too, too difficult. One does have to take a little extra care when passing on the 2 lane roads...but once you've commited, the power to get the job done is not a problem!

Judging by some of the posts I've read you guys seems to have a bit more variety than your neighbours to the north, eh? Is there a pretty hot import scene in Sri Lanka?

BG

hey bro ... drop your phone number to my email ..... i wanna talk to you 4 sec.....