• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Advice About Fb15

Pasan_Robotics

Hey Bro,Welcome to AL

I drive/ride a FB15 to office almost everyday...And it is a smooth car...

The FB15started off in 1998 October and those are the ones you rarely see in 302- number plates. The one i use is a super saloon, it got everything except the power antena. And a decent GF number plate can be bought below 1.5mil and the new shell FB15 (the 2002 model) can be bought unreg to max of 2.0mil.

My friend go a gold badge FB15 from the agents. As you know the agents (A-M-W) bought reconditioned Nissan cars and still they do. So when i examined this FB15 it did not have a RPM meter. I know it sound a bit crazy, but thats the only thing i noticed there as something diffrent to gold badge. How ever check out this one in AL http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=1019. I dont know if the gold badge says alot. Maybe it can be just a fashion item for the car.

How ever check out this discussion on the below link http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...2123&st=140 Where the guys are having some discusions on the FB15

Hey Bro,Welcome to AL

I drive/ride a FB15 to office almost everyday...And it is a smooth car...

The FB15started off in 1998 October and those are the ones you rarely see in 302- number plates. The one i use is a super saloon, it got everything except the power antena. And a decent GF number plate can be bought below 1.5mil and the new shell FB15 (the 2002 model) can be bought unreg to max of 2.0mil.

My friend go a gold badge FB15 from the agents. As you know the agents (A-M-W) bought reconditioned Nissan cars and still they do. So when i examined this FB15 it did not have a RPM meter. I know it sound a bit crazy, but thats the only thing i noticed there as something diffrent to gold badge. How ever check out this one in AL http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=1019. I dont know if the gold badge says alot. Maybe it can be just a fashion item for the car.

How ever check out this discussion on the below link http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...2123&st=140 Where the guys are having some discusions on the FB15

Thanks buddy

Hey friends Im going to buy FB15. So there is a gold badge model also. Now i want to what is the defference between normal one and this one. :rolleyes:

Is there a problem withe chips in FB15 Year 1999 model. ;)

Hi

We had a company car - G reg EX Saloon 1999. The sensors all gave way and it proved quite a dog to maintain as everything wore off very quickly.

But above all it was totally crap to drive. It's the 2nd worst driver's car IMHO after the Nissan Blubird Diesel!

You've been warned!

Hi

We had a company car - G reg EX Saloon 1999. The sensors all gave way and it proved quite a dog to maintain as everything wore off very quickly.

But above all it was totally crap to drive. It's the 2nd worst driver's car IMHO after the Nissan Blubird Diesel!

You've been warned!

We're having this FB15 (EX Saloon V*P), and never gave any trouble. When bought (unreg) was with a very low mileage. My wife and I drive the car often. Never experience any sensor problems and no any major repairs. May be very lucky.

We also have a company FB 15 car and it was used by a single person earlier and never had problems. Since he left, it became everybody’s bride and NOW it's giving trouble. May be it's the reason with ur company car as well.

I'm telling you... it's the way you treat your ride. U take care of her.... she'll give the best return. U treat her like a bit*h... you'll be on the receiving end.

We're having this FB15 (EX Saloon V*P), and never gave any trouble. When bought (unreg) was with a very low mileage. My wife and I drive the car often. Never experience any sensor problems and no any major repairs. May be very lucky.

We also have a company FB 15 car and it was used by a single person earlier and never had problems. Since he left, it became everybody’s bride and NOW it's giving trouble. May be it's the reason with ur company car as well.

I'm telling you... it's the way you treat your ride. U take care of her.... she'll give the best return. U treat her like a bit*h... you'll be on the receiving end.

Aiyo Thaka Puma...

Machang, I take care of my car like nothing-100% agent maintained, wont even put it ina dirty road. And it gave me quiet a lot of trouble for the last 28,000kms i used. I think its the car which is most important. Maintainance does matter but if the car is not from a known source you are into losing your money.

And About FB15 - It is a smooth ride, but not a good car on fuel i say

Aiyo Thaka Puma...

Machang, I take care of my car like nothing-100% agent maintained, wont even put it ina dirty road. And it gave me quiet a lot of trouble for the last 28,000kms i used. I think its the car which is most important. Maintainance does matter but if the car is not from a known source you are into losing your money.

And About FB15 - It is a smooth ride, but not a good car on fuel i say

Which car are you talking about here?? Civic? Hiace?? FB15???

Well maybe some cars are like that. We bought ours unreg as well. And it was an utter dog. The other car we had alongside that was a Mazda Familia TDi. GF reg. I only had to change brake pads and two small rubber bushes in 3 years of very hard driving all over Sri Lanka. It was nort just treated like a bitch but a downright slut!!! The driver used it, my bro used it and I thrashed it around. I was reasonably quick once the Turbo kicked in. And although it did not handle that well it was streets ahead of the Sunny.

The Sunny on the other hand was used by the accountant a real gentle driver who oocassionally went out of town. Real family man. So that car did not get abused.

Anyway forget everything, if you have even a bit of enthusiasm for driving, that car is totally crap!!!

Well maybe some cars are like that. We bought ours unreg as well. And it was an utter dog. The other car we had alongside that was a Mazda Familia TDi. GF reg. I only had to change brake pads and two small rubber bushes in 3 years of very hard driving all over Sri Lanka. It was nort just treated like a bitch but a downright slut!!! The driver used it, my bro used it and I thrashed it around. I was reasonably quick once the Turbo kicked in. And although it did not handle that well it was streets ahead of the Sunny.

The Sunny on the other hand was used by the accountant a real gentle driver who oocassionally went out of town. Real family man. So that car did not get abused.

Anyway forget everything, if you have even a bit of enthusiasm for driving, that car is totally crap!!!

I agree with your last sentence...

What do you have to say about the comfort , i mean ur mazda vs FB15??

I agree with your last sentence...

What do you have to say about the comfort , i mean ur mazda vs FB15??

The Sunny is softer at low speeds. Many ppl like this. My father for example. Nice when you're tired. But get out of town and it's a boat!

Mazda was harder for sure. And the TDi was very nose heavy which spoiled the handling. But then the Sunny could NOT handle!

The Sunny is softer at low speeds. Many ppl like this. My father for example. Nice when you're tired. But get out of town and it's a boat!

Mazda was harder for sure. And the TDi was very nose heavy which spoiled the handling. But then the Sunny could NOT handle!

Yeah...

And the fuel economy is horrible