• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Negombo Meeting 2

satan 06

Sharkster

Thanks For the Warm Welcome.

I agree with you But Doesnt this site have some Sought of Warning System So that After the Limit they are Blocked From posting anything? I think This System Should be Introduced If its not their but Im Sure there is 1 and it shud be activated.But What i am Saying Is These Guys are Seeking Help they are New Commers So i See that You are a Moderator Too,I think it is 1 Of Your Responisbilities To help them and warn the People who are letting them down.I do not want to Point Names Out But in the First Page You can Clarly See whos Aiming Who.And in the recents adds as well.And Im not Telling you Your Job k. i just want This Site To be Popluar for a Specific Reason.Because this Site is Worldwide Popular And Please Sharkster Help these guys out and Bring Out the Warning System.words such as Jokers and other names are not needed.

J

PAST IS PAST PEOPLE!!!!

DNT REMEMBER ABOUT THAT !!!OK!!!

I DONT KEEP IT IN MA HEART MAN!!!!SO EVERYTHING IS COOl!!!

GIHAN,SHARKSTER,PILLAWOOS

SORRY MACHAG FOR ANY WRONGDOINGS I HAVE DONE OK!!!

SO I GUESS EVERYTHING IS COOL!!!!

PEACE PEOPLE!!!!

AS FOR THE TIME BEING THATS THE ONLY THING WE ALL NEED AT THIS PARTICULAR TIME!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::alc:

i know where you're coming from jehan and yes we do have a warning system but only use it for major offenses and not routine irritants which is why i said we're very patient...in all fairness if we were to warn people for name calling, we'd have to warn people for breaking other rules too...not arguing dude...just my opinion...

cheers

What the....

Satan, appreciate your efforts in organizing this and your hard work in trying to attract the Kadana/Ja-Ela and the rest around Negombo. Good job! And rember this the last time you geting AL forums geting involved in these..(Hope everyone have heard the IBM + Bill Gates story)

Give a break all you guys, give support to these young guys who are trying to live things up. Things should have not happened this way for this 48hrs...

Anyway Kadana/Ja-Ela/Seeduwa/Kochikade/Pannala see you at 6pm! My last post in this thread.

Cheers-Hola

hello

My Name Is Jehan Samarakon Im On a Holiday in Sri Lanka and Im Currrently Living In Australia.

As i am a CAR FREAK i generally visit the Local Sites as well to see what is going on here in my home Country.Im Impressed by the Enthusiasm the Young people of Negombo has towards the Car Industry.But its very Unfortunate when they try to Advertise there meetings on a popular site like AL,no one helps them out Im Very Dissapointed as Some in this Forum are "DISSING" them.AL is known all over the world but its Comments Like these that run this site down.I dont think theres anything wrong in Advertising Such a meet on a popular site as I think these meetings are held for a reason.So Please Let us not Diss these youngster but let us try and help them as they are doing something good.True That AL is a Popular Site But "WHY" should we want to diss theme.I mean Most of you live in Colombo But I have Never seen Anyone with Popular Sports Car Letting these Youngsters Down.Moderators Please look into this As Its Your Site and Popularity that is been Run Down because some People.Dont let that Happen.Its Unfortunate when these youngster Seek help through some Professionals They Do not Receive it even....Please Look In to these and i say again These Youngsters Are Seeking your help Just because they are Ouside Colombo Doesnt Mean that They Do not Have The Love for Cars,Let Us all Help Them.As DEFENDER said Yes these fellows Have a Lot of Patience.I have Seen in this site there are some Moderators also Who are beeing very Rude to the New Comers.But I would Like to Mention "dillongt" I dont know him personally but soemtime back When i was here in SL long time back i have spoken to him.He is a Very Talented Young fellow.With His Love For the Mazdas.Dillon I remember you had a black RX 7 where is that? I wish you all the Best and Moderators again i ASK you Please help these Young fellows in what ever task their about to do Not find faults in what they Do.Mr.Hola And Mr.Satan I wish you all the Best in the Activity Your About to Do.

Thank You

Jehan

Geeze, thanks Bro...Hope to see you today...drop a mail to [email protected] so we could give you the directions

Hmm.. anyway still i think some ppl use forums to discuss personal stuff and losts of Newbie's join and say wut's gud and wut's bad....

Anyway if anyone want's to orgernise a G2G try to orgernise one like dragster's Honda Meet

Let it go man. They organised one G2G, and had some fun. If they wanna do it again, its ok. They wanna put out the invite to everyone on the forum, thats ok too. U don't have to go. I'm not. We all can't attend all the meets. But there are enough of us now that we can normally meet friends at automotive events where ever we go. Races, Drags, Car shows, things like Skills @ night, go and u'll find a few guys from the forums around. We all use the forums to discuss personal stuff, including u, remember the games thread?

Don't bother too much with newbies, unless they hang around and keep contributing. Everyone has an opinion, but end of the day, on AL, what goes is what Madz says is ok. If its happening, then Madz is ok with it, so specially guys who have been here a long time should know when to drop it.

Let it go man. They organised one G2G, and had some fun. If they wanna do it again, its ok. They wanna put out the invite to everyone on the forum, thats ok too. U don't have to go. I'm not. We all can't attend all the meets. But there are enough of us now that we can normally meet friends at automotive events where ever we go. Races, Drags, Car shows, things like Skills @ night, go and u'll find a few guys from the forums around. We all use the forums to discuss personal stuff, including u, remember the games thread?

Don't bother too much with newbies, unless they hang around and keep contributing. Everyone has an opinion, but end of the day, on AL, what goes is what Madz says is ok. If its happening, then Madz is ok with it, so specially guys who have been here a long time should know when to drop it.

Ya Ok

Hi guys…. It’s so sad to see as a sri lankan we don’t have a strong friendship among each other specially among youngsters… if you guys live like this then the future of this country will be very dark… come on guys we should help each other, you know how many people are talking about our country right now ….so we should have more happenings like this organized …. You don’t have to have a million rupee car to attend to these meeting. Don’t put each other down instead we should encourage them to come up in life and to organized events like this….. I know how it feels… so everyone please support who ever it is …don’t condemn people with their personal stuff…. :lol:

To Brain …. How r u bro… I sold my RX-7 year before last and I’m not live in sri lanka any more. In case if I was there you guys can count on me anytime ….. :lol:

HERe U GO....

Some of the cars at the meet!!!!

adsadadwt5.th.jpg

dfgfdci9.th.jpg

fafafph7.th.jpg

gjgjhhsx5.th.jpg

oijjwh4.th.jpg

cheers..... :lol:

satan

Thanx for the lovely pictures …. :alc:

Hi All,

Eventhough i said i wouldnt reply on this thread again, i guess i got to break my word..

Thank you Satan for the cool pics. Keep it going man, you are doing wonders with your Nokia. Thank you everyone for coming for the meetup. It was great specialy to meet Miniace again, Velocity so upclose and the rest of the guys.

And about this whole thread, its all ok...Just a small mis firing here and there I guess. It was a bit of child's play. Dillongt buddy- you are right...Sri lankans will never fail if we stick together. Our language is not Sinhala/Tamil or English its Automobiles. So atleast from this language let us set an example by meeting up, sticking together,getting to know eachother etc. Maybe a meetup is small...but thats how things start

Madhava, i hope you can grant permission to Satan to post any thread on these kinds of meet ups in Negombo. And the rest of you guys in all the citys,towns,villages in Sri Lanka, meet up with your people on a set date, talk, get to know eachother wo got the same taste and you can do wonders together.

Cheers!

Hola

PS::Madhava(Madz) hope you consider our request...

In case if I was there you guys can count on me anytime ….. :D

Thanx for the lovely pictures …. ;)

:(

Hello friends!

Appologies for the long silence. Hell has been hit by a wave of Hebrews so we've been upto our horns in work trying to sort their accomodation. We expect a flood of them at the End of Days!

A quick word. Satan has nothing to do with Negombo. Not a fan of their beaches. This child here is clearly an imposter. He couldn't hurt a fly. Leave him alone.

And satan 06 young chap here's some food for thought:

Everybody wannabe Satan. But that's all you'll ever be. A wannabe.

Toodles

daemon

Hi Daemon,

What do you do on weekends? go to the church of the deamons like your website says in your signature. That is so sick dude..And Moderotrs should watch this...This guy is promoting a unethical website in your forums. Kindly leave Vinod aka Satan_06 to aside. Becuase if you want to seee talent in the real world just meet up with him, not posting cheap shots as this.

Edited by Hola

Hey all,

As this topic came up I am going to break a long silence and post this.

I used to post here frequently u guys might remember.

I kind of gave up posting due to,

1. Very topic of this discussion, coz many of the members here try to keep the discussions in a very tight personal circle and target some of the new members (no question they were bit annoying. I'll come to that later) even after they got civilized.

2. I got bit busy. But I was reading threads almost daily.

Following is my personal opinion. Not expecting anybody to follow this and I am not really bothered whether anybody dislike me saying it coz I am not expecting any gain by participating. At the same time I have to say that the it is nice to read some of the discussions and I was a part of some. I had pretty fair welcome. Was never treated differently. By saying this if I get on line of fire its fine as I can live without it.

After overseeing everything with a very independent view point I would say,

People with multiple login names, Joker who posted some show car as his car etc., who got shot down here deserved the treatement, no question about it.

Hola - was really annoying at the begining and the fire he draw at the beginning also can be justified. Somehow he kept dodging and he seemed pretty civilized lately apart from few posts of personal communication. So I believe he dereves bit better treatment here as long as he is holding onto his improvements.

Satan - can still be left in probation with his all Caps typing, SMS laguage and exlamations.

Being Automotive lovers it is a great thing to organize meets in Negombo or anywhere. There is no reason for anybody to hate anybody for organizing such if the common interest is autos. Some guys may have achieved automotive and recreational niravana or something. But it wont hurt to keep quiet and let the people who are still on the way there to organize such things.

One response I have seen here from few veterans is that 'this is a private form and you can go to he11. Of course its true. That is well understood.

However, it is clear that Madz also has a commercial interest of making AL popular to boost calssifieds exposure etc. So scaring away new members becomes a big drawback in that sense. Forum members will be the most frequent visitors and their refferels can improve forum participation as well as response to classifieds. Which in turn can mutiply number of classified ads AL will receive. ( Not meant to say that sole purpose to run forum is biz. Its lot of work and responsibiliy compared to what is gained by ads. And I salute Madz and mods. for that )

Keep it cool guys. If idea is to have an interesting discussion you need more people of all types. If a newcomer looks an idiot give some advice and give a fair chance. It might work.. If the guy is improving let him live...If not bring the big guns..

Hola! My special child!

You made me laugh so hard I farted green bubbles! Thanks so much for making me see the light. I've now created a shrine for Hola worship! I called it the Church of Hola (I tried to be as creative as you)! Hope you appoint me as your chief priest for the effort I've put in :D Afterall, we are talking appreciation here aren't we?

Silly boy where in my post did I mention anything against satan 06's organisational skills? I was referring to his nickname. Stop sticking your nose in my business and I'm entitled to worship any god I like so you have no right to decide who's righteous because I've reserved a nice spot in Hell for you right next to Jason Voorhees you twat!

daemon

Edited by daemon

dude Hola I have one advice 4 u - don't mess wit "daemon"

Hello friends!

Appologies for the long silence. Hell has been hit by a wave of Hebrews so we've been upto our horns in work trying to sort their accomodation. We expect a flood of them at the End of Days!

A quick word. Satan has nothing to do with Negombo. Not a fan of their beaches. This child here is clearly an imposter. He couldn't hurt a fly. Leave him alone.

And satan 06 young chap here's some food for thought:

Everybody wannabe Satan. But that's all you'll ever be. A wannabe.

Toodles

daemon

Hey daemon my old friend! good to have you back! :D

bdw do you work 4 UN by any chance? (judging by the Hebrews comment)

Hello Isurujosh!

It's good to see you my friend. No i don't work for the UN. Unless 'UN' is some sort of abbreviation for the Underworld - which is where I spend most of my time working for Human Resources.

Best Regards

daemon

Cool scene mate! :D

Hola! My special child!

You made me laugh so hard I farted green bubbles! Thanks so much for making me see the light. I've now created a shrine for Hola worship! I called it the Church of Hola (I tried to be as creative as you)! Hope you appoint me as your chief priest for the effort I've put in :( Afterall, we are talking appreciation here aren't we?

Silly boy where in my post did I mention anything against satan 06's organisational skills? I was referring to his nickname. Stop sticking your nose in my business and I'm entitled to worship any god I like so you have no right to decide who's righteous because I've reserved a nice spot in Hell for you right next to Jason Voorhees you twat!

daemon

Machang, look at the words i highlighted above...Its priceless...Ha ha. Hope you are in media or advertising otherwise your skills will be a waste ;):D

dude Hola I have one advice 4 u - don't mess wit "daemon"

umm, im not meesing with the Daemon. I was just pointing him out as he was in a way humiliating Satan.But this is cool, enough

Madhava, i hope you can grant permission to Satan to post any thread on these kinds of meet ups in Negombo. And the rest of you guys in all the citys,towns,villages in Sri Lanka, meet up with your people on a set date, talk, get to know eachother wo got the same taste and you can do wonders together.

Sure you have permission to use forum resources to organize friendly meets like that. It’s nice to see AL members grouping up and try to organize events in their own home towns with the help of other friends.

But if it’s organized by some other institute or a club then they should inform us and get permission.

HERe U GO....

Some of the cars at the meet!!!!

Hay tx for sharing them with us..keep it up guys ! :D

One response I have seen here from few veterans is that 'this is a private form and you can go to he11. Of course its true.

hay that's not true...even tho this is a private forum you guys have all the freedom to discuss anything related to motoring without any problem. There is no hard bound rules as such other than when it comes to advertising and other leagal matters.

Sure you have permission to use forum resources to organize friendly meets like that. It’s nice to see AL members grouping up and try to organize events in their own home towns with the help of other friends.

But if it’s organized by some other institute or a club then they should inform us and get permission.

Hay tx for sharing them with us..keep it up guys ! :D

hay that's not true...even tho this is a private forum you guys have all the freedom to discuss anything related to motoring without any problem. There is no hard bound rules as such other than when it comes to advertising and other leagal matters.

Madhava, Thank you very much. Yesterday 2-3 guys assured me that you are a good listener and a fair person. And you proved it. We are not a club or anything, just some friends ... We are planning on a Super Car Carnival in Negombo in another few months (it will be home grown music,food,super cars,car competitions) and defienielty Autolanka will play a vital role in that. I shall mail you on that shortly. Just a teaser, we are having a BBQ in two weeks, you will be in there :( . Thank you for your above posts, specialy the last one...

Thanks/Hola

Edited by Hola

Madz! Its great your words and thoughts over the issues here.Why not many people think the way you think.Very simple,If you dont like Negombo meeting,just ignore!

Guys! Its great to know the Negombo car fans.my first real outing with you gentlemen.Its a pleasure to meet you guys and share a real motoring thought.we all had one thing in common...true enthusiastic motoring.hope you guys continue in the same spirit as someone mentioned in a previous post,ignoring all odds.

Its great meeting you Dimantha for the second time ever.Last time we met,both were barely concious hah? :(

Describing the pics of Satan malli,those were taken during the farewell parade.The mini is mine and its a 1989 Cooper S limited edition.Hope rest will detail their cars.Dimantha's scooby was miles away that time,running late for his saturday night appointment :)

Cheers!

Madz! Its great your words and thoughts over the issues here.Why not many people think the way you think.Very simple,If you dont like Negombo meeting,just ignore!

Guys! Its great to know the Negombo car fans.my first real outing with you gentlemen.Its a pleasure to meet you guys and share a real motoring thought.we all had one thing in common...true enthusiastic motoring.hope you guys continue in the same spirit as someone mentioned in a previous post,ignoring all odds.

Its great meeting you Dimantha for the second time ever.Last time we met,both were barely concious hah? :(

Describing the pics of Satan malli,those were taken during the farewell parade.The mini is mine and its a 1989 Cooper S limited edition.Hope rest will detail their cars.Dimantha's scooby was miles away that time,running late for his saturday night appointment :)

Cheers!

Hmmm, someone else was in a hurry too on that day ;)

Edited by Hola

it was nice meet all of you....

and i am just proud to see how autolanka has been able get people together even if its far from colombo.

and i am sure madawa will be very proud of this. More than motoring through autolanka i have met so many freinds, whom which i would have never been able to meet if not for autolanka.

by the way i met satan malli, i know that couple of people scolded him, but he is the most innocent charachter i have ever met. just a honest small chap. so dont pull the chap apart freinds. understand him.

again thanks for everyone and mini, i was so drunk last time i tried to recollect if it was you man. Ha Ha,

any way thanx to Hola , Ash , Dihan and Mini.

Edited by Velocity