• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I need a help to buy a second hand car

Hakunamatata

27 minutes ago, Hakunamatata said:

Friends, I have a Maruti nd im gonna sell it within next week. And now im willing to buy a second hand car. My budget is 1.8m. I wanna now whether chery Tiggo is good? Or tell me some suggestions for my budget plz

Hello welcome to the forum - are you referring to the Cherry Tiggo Compact SUV? What Kind of car are you looking for - Sedan/Hatchback/Statio-Wagon/Mini-Suv? 

• Like 1

Mini suv , hatchback or saloon. An also i want to know about the following cars separatly. I specialy need an idea about Proton gen 2, Fiat linea nd chevrolet Aveo, Hyundai.ElantaThese are the cars in my head.

Edited by Hakunamatata

On 6/7/2020 at 9:07 PM, Hakunamatata said:

Mini suv , hatchback or saloon. An also i want to know about the following cars separatly. I specialy need an idea about Proton gen 2, Fiat linea nd chevrolet Aveo, Hyundai.ElantaThese are the cars in my head.

Well I have little experience with most of the models you mentioned above -  The Proton and the Linea might be a good choice as you get a relatively newer car for what you pay, IF you're ok with putting in that extra effort to maintain the car and to source parts etc. It will not be easy to maintain like a mainstream car like the Maruti. The Elantra is more of a common car (relatively) and you will be able to get a mid 2000's unit for your budget. 

Other options for 1.8  i can think of

Suzuki Swift(HT51S - locally known as Jeep Model)/ Chevrolet Cruze : Decent hatchback with excellent ground clearance. Very practical and tough little vehicle.  

Mazda Familia/323 (BJ3P /BJ5P) : Underrated Sedan. Nice reliable car. Early 2000's model possible

Perodua Viva Elite : They go for around 1.9 but if you bargain a bit can manage to get one for 1.8 or a little above that. 2010-2011 model small car but quite reliable and has aged very well. 

Mitsubishi Galant : YOM around 2000 - good looking car with lots of character quite comfy as well.

If you're interested in SUV's - old Vitaras  are in the equation. 

There are many many other options - such as Suzuki Liana, Nissan March, AD wagons, etc are you looking for a daily runner/weekend runner short distance travelling etc? How much do you run per month? How important is fuel efficiency? Are you able to spend a bit more for potential repairs? 

also refer this other thread - the budget was a bit below yours but still you can get some good inputs. 

http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/22616-want-to-buy-a-car-around-15-milion/

• Like 1

Hi Guys, i'm also in a search for my first ride and in the same budget. (1.8-2.0Mn). Though i dont have much experience it would be nice someone can suggestst me the best options available. Daily drive car (30-40Kms), Budget freindly (Less maintenance and Average Fuel Consumption), Comfortable and Auto Transmission are my key options. Already one of my colleagues suggest me Toyota 110. What about other japan brands like nissan, mazda, honda & mitsubishi?