• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Crank Pulley Wobbling and few other issues

Ramburg

Question

My Dear Friends,

I am new to this group and I am sorry If I bother you all by asking a question from the very beginning. My car engine is a 5A-FE rebuilt by my own. Here is my story,

Pulley Wobbling

1) During rebuild I saw the crank key has been misoriented. It was too late since I already fixed the crankshaft to the engine and there was only the pulley to be fixed.

2) Then I tried several times to make it properly fix and at last hammered to the key to push it to the slot. 

3) After installation I observed that the crank pulley is wobbling slightly. 

4) When I increase RPM wobbling disappears. 

5) Please see my video that I took.

6) In the video the crank pulley wobbling can be seen but there is a particular rhythm,

7) Could you please let me know the reason for this? Do you think my light hammering would have bent the crankshaft key way? Is it that much fragile? 

Tapping Noise

1) By hearing the video you can see there is a tapping noise which is similar to the frequency of strobe light. Could you please let me know possible reasons for this tapping noise? I checked the valve clearance and found no deviation from recommended values. Only one thing I could not rectify is that one the valve spring bucket was so tight in its slot that it wasn't rotated in the slot. Might it be a reason for this tapping noise ?

2) This tapping noise goes away after engine warm up.

Your expert knowledge and experience are highly appreciated.

Youtube Links for the videos,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZZiYUMYIFc - This video is without engine warm up. you can see the tapping noise in addition to crank pulley wobble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmYx2arfASI - This is after warm up. You can notice that the tapping noise is no more.

Long Live Autolanka...

Edited by Ramburg

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet