• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do You Think A 2000cc Daewoo Will Have Change In A Sri Lankan Drag Race?

Junkfriend

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi junkfriend i got crappy old 92 civic with a 1.5l engine. If your intrested we could do a run?

yes junky! 'crash.n.burn's ride is one of the few unsuccessful civics in the town... itz a good way for you to warm up against other civics! when u run him and do win, plz let us know the how many cars gaps you were able to keep! depending on that other civic boys will agree to drag you :D /jk

yes junky! 'crash.n.burn's ride is one of the few unsuccessful civics in the town... itz a good way for you to warm up against other civics! when u run him and do win, plz let us know the how many cars gaps you were able to keep! depending on that other civic boys will agree to drag you /jk

Yha, machan crash.n.burn civic would be a good thing to break the ice :D I have tried to contact him few times but no avail.

Edited by Junkfriend

Once ur done with Crash.n.burn ass raping u i will race u if u want to get ass raped more. But don't get it wrong i ain't gay.

yahs bosh! according to his own words! Crash.n.burn's rather sedate and civilised civic is a good one to break the ice! and once he has eaten the civilised one.. he'd be ready to take on another EG8 like urs! may be after chang's eg8 is also done... itz time to go for [GOD KNOWS WHAT HONDA]... /jk

So where's our beloved Honda fan Crash.n.burn in the midst of the challenge?

p.s. sedate and civilised civic is my comment, his comment is "break the ice" part [jst 2 keep the critical minds off]

Hey guys sorry i have been big time busy with work...... when would you like to do a run junk friend? i'm having second thoughts draging you.... your car seems to rev to 6300rpm and its a 2L right i dont think my honda has ever reved so high

Hey isuru convert your car into a manual and show the civic dudes what the city is capable of...... Vshiznet's single carb EG8 is ok....

Hey guys sorry i have been big time busy with work...... when would you like to do a run junk friend? i'm having second thoughts draging you.... your car seems to rev to 6300rpm and its a 2L right i dont think my honda has ever reved so high

Hey isuru convert your car into a manual and show the civic dudes what the city is capable of...... Vshiznet's single carb EG8 is ok....

i have given up all ideas on modifying the car in the immediate future! my immediate future is filled wit an exam now! until then i shall only be a spectator! :D

Sorry Crash i'm getting my carb interior tuned. Trying to get it ready for the big ass raping :P;) 6300RPM damnnnnn. Anybody know how i can get my rev limiter removed. Mine cuts off at 6000rpm. So let me get this correct i will be racing Junk in my junk car. Oki shall hurry the tuning up!!!

some ppl are going to be in for a helluva of a surprise eh chang :D

Hey Crash.n.burn! Pls identify the car that manages to stay ahead of the car with the camera man? And oh what is the car that the whole thing was filmed out of? Is it a B16A?

Well... I own a 2000CC Daewoo Leganza with 131 hp at 5,200 rpm (not at wheels..heh) and looking into taking it to a Drag ... I never been in a real Drag before (except with ma close friends) so I was just wondering how this car would hold against its competitors....

I did some test rides at green path with ma friends here are results...

1-100Km - 7.9 Seconds max (1st shift at 6400RPM/@80Km) (the car is on its basic stage with no modifications)

What do you guy/gals think?

Cheers - Junkfriend...

Uh Junk Friend! first of all let me be real honest with you..........there is no way you can do 0-100 in 7.9secs on your 2.0L Leaganza! the car must weigh close to 1400KGS and you've only got 130ps.........the stock civics have got way better power to weight ratios and will stretch real hard to get to those figures....so for me it's a no go in a Daewoo although I can believe that your 1st and 2nd shifts are very tall. The Daewoos and the Hyundai's do have that characteristic but it does take a while to reach the rpm cut out point so it's not as if your smoking away. Pls try to be a little honest next time! The only way I might (and that's a might) believe you is if you were going hammer and tong down a 45 degree hill... :alc:

Hey Machan if u are really in to it we can do a quick drag at greenpath at day time :alc: hehe when there is no vehicles when the red light is on... :alc:

cheers ~ Junk

bro you dont know what yoru getting in to man... that car will whoop your as* on the start itself... but hey.. who am I to tell... knock your self out bro... :alc:

bro you dont know what yoru getting in to man... that car will whoop your as* on the start itself... but hey.. who am I to tell... knock your self out bro... :alc:

even if he were to have 0-100km in 7...secz(which i hardly believe)... it'd still be difficult! come to hink of D15 civics eating CGT's even!

Uh Junk Friend! first of all let me be real honest with you..........there is no way you can do 0-100 in 7.9secs on your 2.0L Leaganza! the car must weigh close to 1400KGS and you've only got 130ps.........the stock civics have got way better power to weight ratios and will stretch real hard to get to those figures....so for me it's a no go in a Daewoo although I can believe that your 1st and 2nd shifts are very tall. The Daewoos and the Hyundai's do have that characteristic but it does take a while to reach the rpm cut out point so it's not as if your smoking away. Pls try to be a little honest next time! The only way I might (and that's a might) believe you is if you were going hammer and tong down a 45 degree hill...

I love what I do and I'm aint da kinda pimp who would show fake numbers...what would I get out of it? besides I came here for help not to showcase ma self ...

There is no way you can do 0-100 in 7.9secs on your 2.0L Leaganza!

How do you know for sure? do you have a first hand experience with it?

The car must weigh close to 1400KGS and you've only got 130ps.........the stock civics have got way better power to weight ratios and will stretch real hard to get to those figures....

130HP is @ 5,200 rpm .... remember I rav it up to 6400 rpm and one of the other reasons that I believe that with its shape and weight mostly concentrated to the front wheels, so the better gripping tire will make me able to put more force to ma launch without spinning the tires in vain thus I will get better take off :alc:

Edited by Junkfriend

Any day is fine Machan but weekdays would be convenient, mail me your contacts to netluv[@]gmail.com and we'll talk things out. Thats cool right?

bro you dont know what yoru getting in to man... that car will whoop your as* on the start itself... but hey.. who am I to tell... knock your self out bro...

Machan I'm just looking for some friendly action that's all and it doesn't really matter that I win or loose...

Edited by Junkfriend

Hey Crash.n.burn! Pls identify the car that manages to stay ahead of the car with the camera man? And oh what is the car that the whole thing was filmed out of? Is it a B16A?

Uh Junk Friend! first of all let me be real honest with you..........there is no way you can do 0-100 in 7.9secs on your 2.0L Leaganza! the car must weigh close to 1400KGS and you've only got 130ps.........the stock civics have got way better power to weight ratios and will stretch real hard to get to those figures....so for me it's a no go in a Daewoo although I can believe that your 1st and 2nd shifts are very tall. The Daewoos and the Hyundai's do have that characteristic but it does take a while to reach the rpm cut out point so it's not as if your smoking away. Pls try to be a little honest next time! The only way I might (and that's a might) believe you is if you were going hammer and tong down a 45 degree hill... :alc:

Yo VTECHMAN the car that has major top end is the S2000 and the camera car is a EG SIR II. The other two cars are a EP3 type R and a dc2 Integra. The SIR sounds great on first gear but im not sure if it is runing a b16a it may have a b18c.... what ever it sounds awsome!

Hey Junkfriend i'll be able to drag you only next week as i'm totaly busy with work these days.

I love what I do and I'm aint da kinda pimp who would show fake numbers...what would I get out of it? besides I came here for help not to showcase ma self ...

How do you know for sure? do you have a first hand experience with it?

130HP is @ 5,200 rpm .... remember I rav it up to 6400 rpm and one of the other reasons that I believe that with its shape and weight mostly concentrated to the front wheels, so the better gripping tire will make me able to put more force to ma launch without spinning the tires in vain thus I will get better take off :alc:

Junk Dude- hate to burst your bubble but, all you need to do is a simple google:

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/mod...3236&Daewoo

And mind you those figures given are under 'best conditions' :alc:

Junk Dude- hate to burst your bubble but, all you need to do is a simple google:

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/mod...3236&Daewoo

And mind you those figures given are under 'best conditions'

Does it say whether it was tested on a Auto or a manual?

Leganza was billed as a luxury sedan so don't think the performance was tested under racing conditions besides I believe they have made the 1st shift at around @5400 rpm and I made the shift @6400 rpm and even when I made the 1st shift @ around 5000 rpm I too ended up in the 10+ range.

cheers ~ Junky

Edited by Junkfriend