• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Merc Sel 400

Watchman

Hey,

today i saw a old S-class (YOM 1999 and before).. but it was badged as a SEL 400.. i didnt see anything different in the body from any other S Class.... and i dont think people here are that crazy about rebadging a car (an a S class for that matter).. So, any one got a clue as to what this deal is?

i was looking for the SEL 400 on the net and ended up on ebay.. check this older W126 ...... its just little under Rs.200,000....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nice-1-owne...1QQcmdZViewItem

can you get anything for that price in sri lanka....maybe a early 1980s lancer or toyota.....

You cannot get anything road worthy for that price. Even a 80s car will be in junk yard condition. You guys are so lucky. Even your new cars cost only one third of what they cost here!

There very few W126s in SL in god condition now. Most have been converted with Diesel engines.

A W126 Merc in that condition will cost Rs. 1.5 to 2m. Nice cars to own if not to drive. My Bro owned a '82 one owner 280S. And I've got a '87 500SEC. 5.0 V8.

Is this a LHD car?

this was in S'pore... so its RHD....

You cannot get anything road worthy for that price. Even a 80s car will be in junk yard condition. You guys are so lucky. Even your new cars cost only one third of what they cost here!

There very few W126s in SL in god condition now. Most have been converted with Diesel engines.

A W126 Merc in that condition will cost Rs. 1.5 to 2m. Nice cars to own if not to drive. My Bro owned a '82 one owner 280S. And I've got a '87 500SEC. 5.0 V8.

i'm actually in S'pore... i just found the link when i was looking for the SEL400....

cars here arent very cheap either.... a brand new Corolla would cost about 3.9 million rupees... plus, over here to own the car you need a 'certificate of ownership' or something like that.. and thats suposed to be quite expensive too.... there's a cheaper type of ownership scheme called 'red-plate cars'... the plates are actually RED in colour and they can only be driven on weekends and after 7.00pm on weekdays.... though you do always see the occasioal big fancy car..

:P