• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla 2018 1.2L GDI hatchback engine carbon cleaning

Isg

Question

Hi, I am using 2018 Toyota Corolla Hatchback (very few in SL) which had1.2l turbocharged, intercooler GDI engine (Similar as Toyota CHR 1.2) which has done 39000km on the clock.( Bought in 2018 2 months after the production with 30km on the ODO) From time to time after doing arounf 30000km I started feeling rough idling (when car is in "D" and starting to move after brake is slowly released) and also some kind of slight jerk on hard acceleration at high speeds in the highway. So when I inquired from TL they did "engine tuneup" without removing the injectors as discussed in previous threads related to Toyota CHR. So from another reputed mechanic I got a vehicle scanning which gave only "rough idling". So afterwards injector cleaning was done removing injectors and all, in which revealed chunks of carbon deposits on the intake valves. Apparently injectors are in good form according to the person who did the cleaning, but the rough idle still prevails. So as I'v read carbon deposition in GDI is a known fact, which led me to do some searching on carbon cleaning agents and came across this CRC GDI IVD Intake Valve and Turbo Cleaner from USA which cleans the said components without going for an engine repair ( quoted at Rs.10k at a local online site) which has lots of good reviews. Has anyone used this product? Appreciate your valuable comments as the sight of carbon deposition is very frightening to see.

download.jpeg

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet