• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can I put 225/55/17 to front and 225/50/17 to back on a BMW X1 2011? (RWD)

Ian_xD

Question

I just got a brand-new 225 55 17 from a friend of mine and my current vehicles front tires are worn out, so I wante to change my fronts to 225 55 17, is it possible ? ( No I don't want to put them in back) ( yes I only doing this for a month, because of current situation I have to wait till next month to get so e new tires 😅😅)

1 answer to this question

17 hours ago, Ian_xD said:

I just got a brand-new 225 55 17 from a friend of mine and my current vehicles front tires are worn out, so I wante to change my fronts to 225 55 17, is it possible ? ( No I don't want to put them in back) ( yes I only doing this for a month, because of current situation I have to wait till next month to get so e new tires 😅😅)

Technically you could but the car will start giving error messages from the Wheel Speed Sensor. Its a rear wheel drive car so why not put the bigger tyre at the back? Front might have clearance issues if you exceed the wheel height when you turn in (remember mm's matter)