• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

External Cd Writer

Hola

Guys,

Like I told you guys i bought myself a Toshiba note book, and as a coincidence my desktop PC busted and all my MP3s are gone and now i cannot use my writer too. I am not bothred to repair it though...

Can you recomend me a CD writer? I think I need a external one. How much will it be? Porkster showed me a new brand called Alan but i didnt like the nature of it..Can you guys recomend me a good brand? And do i have to go for specific spec?

Hola

Guys,

Like I told you guys i bought myself a Toshiba note book, and as a coincidence my desktop PC busted and all my MP3s are gone and now i cannot use my writer too. I am not bothred to repair it though...

Can you recomend me a CD writer? I think I need a external one. How much will it be? Porkster showed me a new brand called Alan but i didnt like the nature of it..Can you guys recomend me a good brand? And do i have to go for specific spec?

Hola

DVD writers go for as low as $30 outside, so I would suggest you get a DVD writer instead (yes they can write CD's also)

In SL I'm not sure what price they go for, but its definitely under 10k

Rather than getting an external drive, its cheaper to get a normal drive, and get an external USB/firewire case for the drive

As for brands, most are OK: e.g. NEC, Sony, Samsung (korean ones like Samsung are quite good value for money)

Performance wise most are OK. Best thing would be to drop by Unity plaza, see what models they have, and google them and read the reviews.

What went wrong with the desktop? Did the hard disk fail? If not you should be able to recover your files.

Edited by Saturn

DVD writers go for as low as $30 outside, so I would suggest you get a DVD writer instead (yes they can write CD's also)

In SL I'm not sure what price they go for, but its definitely under 10k

Rather than getting an external drive, its cheaper to get a normal drive, and get an external USB/firewire case for the drive

As for brands, most are OK: e.g. NEC, Sony, Samsung (korean ones like Samsung are quite good value for money)

Performance wise most are OK. Best thing would be to drop by Unity plaza, see what models they have, and google them and read the reviews.

What went wrong with the desktop? Did the hard disk fail? If not you should be able to recover your files.

yup... pointless goin for a darn cd-writer when with a single k or 2 you could probably get yourself a dvd-writer... i aint really sure what brands are available for the laptop if that is what you need but go for brands such as Pioneer, Plextor, ASUS, TDK and Sony... Sony being a last choice.. TDK being a good one.. external would probably cost about 10k+ but should be no more than 15k... If it is a USB based drive make sure its USB 2 Compliant.. most of them already are... firewire.. no words about it.. lolz..

Zz

Guys,

Hola

hey...dont u have a cd writer on ur laptop? i think if u get one of those IDE to USB cables you could connect your cd writer frm you desktop as an external drive to your laptop. I use one of those to connect a desktop hard drive as a usb drive now. only thing with a cd writer used through a cable like that is the speed of burning the disc has to b a lower speed otherwise can mess up the disc. if u need i cud giv you details as to wher u can get a cable...(it comes wth a power supply which is needed for a IDE device).