• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pc Quotation

Watchman

hey, my PC back home is messed up and i my father wants to get a new one and he's kinda clueless to get one...

2.4GHz processor

512 RAM

64 or 128 VGA

40GB hard

CD Rom (no DVD or CD-RW)

floppy

how much would a computer (just the CPU) with the above specs be about?

thanks!

hey, my PC back home is messed up and i my father wants to get a new one and he's kinda clueless to get one...

2.4GHz processor

512 RAM

64 or 128 VGA

40GB hard

CD Rom (no DVD or CD-RW)

floppy

how much would a computer (just the CPU) with the above specs be about?

thanks!

thats a basic pc quotation with the main board it will cost around 25000 to 35000 depend on wut u wana buy eg intel pentium, celeron or shitty AMD and u can go for a branderd ram or a unbranderd one, normal 128 vga cost around 4500 to 6500 FDD 650 cd rm 1250 etc anyway best thing is go to unity plaza and get some quotations then decide wuth gona buy

HAPPY Id -Ul-Fitr GUYS

Hey guys ther is an entry type server from Dell Sc 430 for rs. 72,000.00 from Dell... specs ... 2.8GHZ Intel duel Core processor 512 mb Ram. 80 GB Sata drive...Cd rom Combo. I think it is a good bargain....The reason I am posting this is I am buying (Not Meant to be an ad ; mods)

HAPPY Id -Ul-Fitr GUYS

Hey guys ther is an entry type server from Dell Sc 430 for rs. 72,000.00 from Dell... specs ... 2.8GHZ Intel duel Core processor 512 mb Ram. 80 GB Sata drive...Cd rom Combo. I think it is a good bargain....The reason I am posting this is I am buying (Not Meant to be an ad ; mods)

Specs sound familiar, eh Shak? Damn, have the prices gone down that much?

thats a basic pc quotation with the main board it will cost around 25000 to 35000 depend on wut u wana buy eg intel pentium, celeron or shitty AMD and u can go for a branderd ram or a unbranderd one, normal 128 vga cost around 4500 to 6500 FDD 650 cd rm 1250 etc anyway best thing is go to unity plaza and get some quotations then decide wuth gona buy

thanks Gihan & fuzzo....

I know to go to Unity and look around, but me being out of the country doesnt help in doing so.... and when someone who isnt quite sure goes vendors try a fast one...the past couple of weeks the comp at home has been giving some problems and the place my dad took it to fix (a reputed place mind you) gives all sorts of stories and keep replacing all sorts of parts... so i told my dad to get a new one with the abover specs.. and they've quoted something like 38,000, which i thought was too much cos that was pretty much the price 4-5 months ago... thats why i asked around....

Thanks again gihan and fuzzo (will mail you).

thanks Gihan & fuzzo....

I know to go to Unity and look around, but me being out of the country doesnt help in doing so.... and when someone who isnt quite sure goes vendors try a fast one...the past couple of weeks the comp at home has been giving some problems and the place my dad took it to fix (a reputed place mind you) gives all sorts of stories and keep replacing all sorts of parts... so i told my dad to get a new one with the abover specs.. and they've quoted something like 38,000, which i thought was too much cos that was pretty much the price 4-5 months ago... thats why i asked around....

Thanks again gihan and fuzzo (will mail you).

ya bt if u wana update why go for out dated spec pc ? anyway send mail to fuzzo and ask him to send u some new quotations like duel core 2.4 and 1gb ram with a gud nvidia vga and nw many saying new Asus main boards r the best so any coments abt this guys ? specially the Asus P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP.

anyway before buying a pc try this 2006 buyers guide

LOW END

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo 6300

MSI 975X Platinum V.2.

320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS

1 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM

ATI Radeon X1900 GT

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Leadtek WinFast PX6600 GT TDH Extreme GeForce 6600 GT PCI Express 128MB DDR3 Video Card

MID END

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600

MSI 975X Platinum V.2.

500 GB Western Digital WD5000YS SATA

2 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM

eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT CO PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

HIGH END

Intel Core 2 Duo 6700

Asus P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP.

750 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3750640AS

2 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM

GeForce 7950 GX2

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum

Hey are u sure Asus is good?

Asus seems to be really down with the quality now. Recently I bought an Asus mainboard and its jus a load of rubbish. (mind u i got it frm the agent in SL for it lol) got a replacement but its the same faults wth it. The tech's at that place say that its 'NORMAL' for the board but it shudnt be lol. for that mainboard the machine turns on for 2~3 seconds( hard disk, fans n all), on switching the main power and then turns off till the button is pressed for booting up. plus the sound jacks at the back panel are all messed up...doesnt recognise the primary slave IDE slot....cooler fan now running on fullll speed though SPU temp is 31~34C (its a 2.0Ghz processor)...dunno wht other probs that would come accross...

so check well b4 buying one...and check on reviews for the parts u want to buy :)

Hey are u sure Asus is good?

Asus seems to be really down with the quality now. Recently I bought an Asus mainboard and its jus a load of rubbish. (mind u i got it frm the agent in SL for it lol) got a replacement but its the same faults wth it. The tech's at that place say that its 'NORMAL' for the board but it shudnt be lol. for that mainboard the machine turns on for 2~3 seconds( hard disk, fans n all), on switching the main power and then turns off till the button is pressed for booting up. plus the sound jacks at the back panel are all messed up...doesnt recognise the primary slave IDE slot....cooler fan now running on fullll speed though SPU temp is 31~34C (its a 2.0Ghz processor)...dunno wht other probs that would come accross...

so check well b4 buying one...and check on reviews for the parts u want to buy :)

for a main board problems u cant blame the manufactures and the best 478 board is gigabyte GA 1000 PRo wit 865 pe chip set and that board cost around 8500 rs bt the highend gigabyte GA 8PEN XP board sucks and it cost around 25000 RS and the 8KNXP board sucks too and cost abt 26000 Rs

anyway nw main main board review sites say new asus boards r very gud bt i never tested one and the newest bord is developed by INTEL NVIDA & ASUS so 3 company technology in one

and ruwds 31 to 34 is a very gud temp some of my celeron D 2.4 cpus run 50 to 60 average without AC

anyway nw AMD & ATI working together ( One Company ) bt the gud thing is INTEL NVIDIA and some leading MB manufactures working together to kick ATIAMD Ass

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMD + ATI = ATI.AMD.COM

AMD announced today that its acquisition of ATI has been completed for an approximately $5.4 Billion. According to the press release, customers should benefit from AMD’s and ATI’s combined platform development and technical support teams, which will be co-located in Taipei and Shanghai. Combined with the existing Austin and Toronto locations, these sites offer research and development and support to provide customers with a complete solution for optimized platform development.

AMD plans to deliver a range of integrated platforms in 2007 to serve key markets, including: commercial clients; mobile computing; and gaming and media computing. PC users will benefit from innovations intended to extend battery life on the next-generation AMD Turion 64 mobile technology-based platform and enhancements to the AMD LIVE! digital media PC platform that will enable users to get more from their favorite photos, music, and movies. AMD believes that these integrated platform innovations will bring customers improved system stability, better time-to-market, increased performance and energy-efficiency and overall, an enhanced user experience.

ATI shareholders who elected to receive cash will be entitled to receive, for each common share for which a valid cash election was made, approximately US $18.59 in cash plus approximately 0.1245 of a share of AMD common stock

ruwds,

check your power supply. we have very very poor power supplies in SL which causes most of the issues.

well it is said that, that certain model has that startup issues (the 2~3 second thing). so i think that startup issue got nothin to do wth the power supply. But do u think the power supply can have an effect on the CPU fan rpm?

gihan, wht i mean is while the temp of the CPU is ~31~34 range, the fan doesnt need to be on full power. The first few days wth the new board it was fine but this prob developed afterwards...actually cud hear the fan screamm...rpm is 4700++ when checked thru the asus probe.

Well i did think there were probs wth the power supply cos sometimes the cd-rom wasnt detected.

anywayz let it b like that cos maybe i need to upgrade the whole machine later...

Edited by ruwds

dude we have 1GB of RAM and a DVD writer... newbi does this include the monitor too? if so is it flatscreen?

Sorry for the delay in replying......The monitor is included and its a 17" CRT.....What do you mean you have 1GB Ram with DVD writer... is it for sale ? or did you guys purchase it with those specs for a lesser price than I am paying....What make is it ?

Cheers

Sorry for the delay in replying......The monitor is included and its a 17" CRT.....What do you mean you have 1GB Ram with DVD writer... is it for sale ? or did you guys purchase it with those specs for a lesser price than I am paying....What make is it ?

Cheers

Nah man, not for sale. Shak and I picked up machines with those specs a few months ago. At a higher price. Shak, a combo drive is a CD-R + DVD or a DVD-R capable drive? well, we did put in a few bits and bobs. Like optical mice, and flatscreen CRTs.

Cheers

same processor but more RAM and higher price... it was exactly 6 months ago so you'd expect the prices to drop a lot... but had you gone for an assembled machine the price you'd have to pay would be in the 60's... softlogic charges an arm and a leg... i know for sure cos the company i work for buys low end desktops from softlogic for convenience and servers from dell singapore to save a few 100k!!

Nah man, not for sale. Shak and I picked up machines with those specs a few months ago. At a higher price. Shak, a combo drive is a CD-R + DVD or a DVD-R capable drive? well, we did put in a few bits and bobs. Like optical mice, and flatscreen CRTs.

a combo drive is usually referred to as a CD-RW/DVD drive...

if this is the case newbi you're better off going for an upgrade to a DVD-RW... that is if you haven't made the purchase yet...