• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Please Help - Buying Fuel Efficient Car

pax

tank of carina 96/97 is definitely over 50L. not sure if its 60 though. i have pumped about 52L once. it does 13km/L outstation and 9km/L in colombo (auto). manual car would definitely do better.

one of my friends has a N16 auto which does like 9km/L in colombo.

n16 is not the most fuel eff.. car! the vios or the city i-dis or vtec (vtec being a less fuel eff.) is the one to go!

my friend had a A/T carina 1.5L TI My road and it did 8km/L in traffic and was not happy about it and went for a 1.8L corona only to eventually relaise only 7km/l...

bdw i get 9-10km/l in traffic in my A/T city(old one)... but datz too little for ur money... so i suggest u go 4 new city or vios!

Mine did only around 7-8ish.. so N16 is a no no for fuel economy...

machan im talkin about the super saloon with 1.6 engine. I think 8 - 9km/L quite alright for 1.6 innit?

even i think the new honda city is a good car overall, but its around 2.4mill i guess.

machan im talkin about the super saloon with 1.6 engine. I think 8 - 9km/L quite alright for 1.6 innit?

even i think the new honda city is a good car overall, but its around 2.4mill i guess.

I had the same... 1.6 SuperSaloon... It has got the sensor problem too... Maybe its the way i drive that got me the figures..

How about the Chevvy Cruze, its got the same engine as the Swift, but it looks somewhat better...

But the Cruze prices are insane, going around 2million, I saw a black one with the body kit and stuff in Nugegoda for 2.1million. I wouldn’t prefer buying it for that price as there are plenty of other decent cars for that price.

White Prius..............Good looking????? :alc:

Gotta agree, not a big fan of the looks, but the new one does look better than the older one (if you squint real hard and make your eyes all watery).

How come no one recommened a used diesel? If you want fuel economy you can't beat a diesel and I'd think a used Jetta TDI would make a great daily driver.

What say the rest of you folks?

For 1.8m u could get a brand new indian swift / Tata Indica or suzuki Esteem....all reasonably economical and they will be brand new to boot.

If u want to go east.... as suggested in this thread the carina is a good buy, along with a well maintained ES1 or EK3.

A*W has got parts last i heard, anyways i'd think engine wise the suzuki parts would fit right in.

A*W has got the engine parts but not the body. I know a guy who imported a front Bumper from Japan through a car sales as he couldn't find it here. But this happened 6 months ago, don't know about the current situation.

Gotta agree, not a big fan of the looks, but the new one does look better than the older one (if you squint real hard and make your eyes all watery).

How come no one recommened a used diesel? If you want fuel economy you can't beat a diesel and I'd think a used Jetta TDI would make a great daily driver.

What say the rest of you folks?

I think this guy live in SL. Where would he find a Jetta TDI from???? But yes a used well maintained diesel will be good. But the choice is limited here in SL and finding well maintained ones can be tricky.

Hi,

Well I reccomended a well maintained CE110 though nobody noticed, I think there are a few SB14 (If i got that right) as well which will fall within that range,

The Diesel Starlet is also a good choice, and I have personally seen a few examples in exceptionally good condition.

Problem is most diesels with a few exceptions would have quite high milleage, and some diesels are never the same after a while (as with the case with most Diesel Doctor Sunny's once went to buy one, checked out about 6 7 cars didn't find a single one in satisfactory condition),

though with a few recon options available I guess 1.8 may be considered a bit too much for a used car, since his main concern is fuel ecconomy, According to Gihan even his accent is very good on fuel.

The Don

Hi,

Well I reccomended a well maintained CE110 though nobody noticed, I think there are a few SB14 (If i got that right) as well which will fall within that range,

The Don

I think it is AE110 and FB14......if I'm not mistaken.