• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Please Help - Buying Fuel Efficient Car

pax

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a car, and I am pretty much clueless about cars, so I hope you experts can help me out. My budget is around 18 1/2 , it doesnt matter if its registered or unregistred, should be fuel efficient.

I've looked at a few vehicles, Nissan N16, Toyota VIOS, Suzuki SWIFT, but no idea about the performance,

Any suggestions what i can buy ?

Please help.

Thanks

Pax

Actually from what I've seen the new egg shaped Swift is not that good in terms of fuel economy. i.e. the 1.3 Jap version. A good friend of mine has one- it gives only about 8km/l

For fuel economy think Honda City i-dsi maybe. N16 is not known for good fuel economy.

Also a reg. 1.8 Carina Si maybe a good buy as well..

Actually from what I've seen the new egg shaped Swift is not that good in terms of fuel economy. i.e. the 1.3 Jap version. A good friend of mine has one- it gives only about 8km/l

that's funny... a friend gets almost 17km/l outstation... hence the recommendation...

Also a reg. 1.8 Carina Si maybe a good buy as well..

Hey, why are you suggesting a 1.8 Si? do you think it does gud on fuel? in my search of vehicles many CAR SALE ppl said that the 1.8 Si does gud on fuel tho, just dat it was not fair enough to belive. buts Si's meter panel is great! anyway.

our 97 model CARINA, manual does 700 km for full tank, its used by dad. monday to Anuradhapura - Friday to Moratuwa, weekly.. i should say it was a almost hacked car(only the engine/milage) unlike the new one we bought, but still its does gud on fuel aint it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

dude, buy a manual TOYOTA car, you can go fine for a CARINA 97 - 99 model OR then for a 110 model, no NISSAN is gud on fuel :alc: no Susuki is gonna last long.. :violent-smiley-030:

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a car, and I am pretty much clueless about cars, so I hope you experts can help me out. My budget is around 18 1/2 , it doesnt matter if its registered or unregistred, should be fuel efficient.

I've looked at a few vehicles, Nissan N16, Toyota VIOS, Suzuki SWIFT, but no idea about the performance,

Please help.

Thanks

Pax

Can you find a well maintained Toyota Prius? My office friend bought a white GX number plate Prius for 1.6mil and it does 18km/pl. And the looks good too.

Can you find a well maintained Toyota Prius? My office friend bought a white GX number plate Prius for 1.6mil and it does 18km/pl. And the looks good too.

Thought a Prius would do better than that. The 1st generation Prius batteries are not too good. Buying a second hand one is not such a hot idea. Any Prius buying second hand is not such a hot idea, coz of the battery thing. But the second gen ones electric generating system is better all round. Anyone know the new prices?

If you want efficiency and performace....there are a few Vitz RS's for sale...they would be good. Some say economy isnt too good on them which is sorta true when they are pushed but drive it carefully and you'll be right.

Or go for the standard Vitz or Swift.

18.5 lakhs, go for a sedan of 1.5L or higher, FYI; hondacity idsi does 12km/l even with bumper to bumper traffic, long distance 14.5 km/l, but I guess 2003/4 recon is little over ur budjet. 323 is also a good one, not seen many in car sales.

Anyone can post FC of Liyana?

Edited by Nozozo

Thought a Prius would do better than that. The 1st generation Prius batteries are not too good. Buying a second hand one is not such a hot idea. Any Prius buying second hand is not such a hot idea, coz of the battery thing. But the second gen ones electric generating system is better all round. Anyone know the new prices?

She loves the car. The fuel economy is 18kmpl. The battery is 48,000+VAT.

The new Prius doesnt look good machang

Hey, why are you suggesting a 1.8 Si? do you think it does gud on fuel? in my search of vehicles many CAR SALE ppl said that the 1.8 Si does gud on fuel tho, just dat it was not fair enough to belive. buts Si's meter panel is great! anyway.

our 97 model CARINA, manual does 700 km for full tank, its used by dad. monday to Anuradhapura - Friday to Moratuwa, weekly.. i should say it was a almost hacked car(only the engine/milage) unlike the new one we bought, but still its does gud on fuel aint it?

dude how large is the Carina fuel tank? 60? works out to about 11.5km a liter outstation running- thats not much really. The higher displacement Si will do better for sure as the Carina is also a very heavy car.

dude how large is the Carina fuel tank? 60? works out to about 11.5km a liter outstation running- thats not much really. The higher displacement Si will do better for sure as the Carina is also a very heavy car.

the carina's tank would be about 45-50 litres :(

Is this the famous weight to power ratio theory?? please educate more.. will be very helpful..

Hi All,

Please help.

Thanks

Pax

Carina 1.5(YOM 2000+) is a gud car, with compared to other 1.5s. Much comfy, Gud pick up, easy to resell as well. Most of 1.5 comes with rear tosion bar, but this has independent suspentions.

Edited by neasmh

blimey! that's wayyy too much for a 1500cc car to carry!!

Yeah bro, I always check the tank size. Bigger tank sizes relative to engine capacity is never a good sign, as far as fuel economy is concerned :(

the carina's tank would be about 45-50 litres :(

tank of carina 96/97 is definitely over 50L. not sure if its 60 though. i have pumped about 52L once. it does 13km/L outstation and 9km/L in colombo (auto). manual car would definitely do better.

one of my friends has a N16 auto which does like 9km/L in colombo.

Carina 1.5(YOM 2000+) is a gud car, with compared to other 1.5s. Much comfy, Gud pick up, easy to resell as well. Most of 1.5 comes with rear tosion bar, but this has independent suspentions.

TRUE!