• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

One Day Ownership Transfer Service - Without attending transferee to RMV

Gary Smith

Question

Hi Guys,

Last week I bought a car and  got all the necessary documents from the transferor. But I do not have time to visit RMV, therefore I thought of sending one of my friends.

And I have a few questions about changing ownership of a used car. 

As a transferee,

1. Is it possible to do the vehicle ownership changes by sending all documents with someone?

2. Do I required to send my NIC?

Thank you in advance

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, Gary Smith said:

Hi Guys,

Last week I bought a car and  got all the necessary documents from the transferor. But I do not have time to visit RMV, therefore I thought of sending one of my friends.

And I have a few questions about changing ownership of a used car. 

As a transferee,

1. Is it possible to do the vehicle ownership changes by sending all documents with someone?

2. Do I required to send my NIC?

Thank you in advance

@Gary Smithfor the one day transfer you need to be present, only exception would be if there is a lease / finance where the financial institute will do the needful. Also a no objection letter from previous owner is required, for a normal transfer this is not needed as the RMV will send a letter asking for a no objection from registered owner.