• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importing My Motorbike From England

cfarrow

hi I have a house down in Tangalle and would really love to be able to bring my motorbike over from england.I know that it is really hard to get cars into sri lanka but is it the same for motorbikes and is there a company that will handle the shipping and all the paperwork.I have seen loads of lovely bikes around colombo and they certainly were not 125cc or 250's How do they do it .Cos it certainly wont fit in any suitcase ! I do have a small 125cc but with two people on it ,it is really hard work travelling around... thanks c farrow

Welcome to Autolanka. Some times buying a bike in SL will be cheaper than importing it from the UK. First we have to check the availability of your bike in SL. What bike is yours?

Welcome to Autolanka. Some times buying a bike in SL will be cheaper than importing it from the UK. First we have to check the availability of your bike in SL. What bike is yours?

my bike is a suzuki 600 bandit thats the kind of size and bike i'm looking for

i dont mind if the bike is not a suzuki im quite happy if i could find a honda or yamaha of similar size.I dont really want a sports bike. the roads where i am are not good enough

there are quite a few bandits in SL and they go quite cheap(much less than a cbr). only thing is that they may be advertised as 250's.

Thanks for that information. are there any bike dealers or showrooms that are in colombo or nearby that I can contact that would have one in stock or can get me one.I am very interested in getting one the next time i am there in January.

there are no showrooms as such. you can check the sunday papers for bikes. the ones advertised are streetlegal but you can also speak to them and ask for the higher capacity bikes.

or when you are in SL again, just drop a note here and someone will be able to help you out

Thanks for that information. are there any bike dealers or showrooms that are in colombo or nearby that I can contact that would have one in stock or can get me one.I am very interested in getting one the next time i am there in January.

actually these aren't bikes that can be officially sold in the open... engine capacities above 350cc are illegal yet available but are best looked at through word of mouth...

actually these aren't bikes that can be officially sold in the open... engine capacities above 350cc are illegal yet available but are best looked at through word of mouth...

thanks very much i realised when i was over there the last time and i was asking in bike shops for a bigger bike they just looked at me as if i was crazy .i am coming over in january so i will keep on looking here and asking if anyone has one they want to sell closer to that date.