• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Best 1/4mile Time For Me!

Mean Green z28

Haven't been on here for quite a while but what better way to make my comeback that by announcing my latest achievement. <_<

After my engine/tranny swap, I took it to the track and busted out a 11.65sec@116mph with the old camshaft but recently upgraded to another camshaft and also installed a new intake, and then retuned. Put down 401HP to the rear wheels on our chassis dyno with a 3800RPM stall torque convertor.

Anyways, took it out to the track today and played around again with launching/shifts points and came out with a new best time of 11.26@120 with more to go. Still a couple small things like a better ratio gear in the axle and maybe degreeing a cam a bit to see if I can bring the powerband lower and I'm sure to hit 10's!

33617013697.jpg 33617012364.jpg 33617013678.jpg

Aight, over and out!

ps - here's the dynograph, very light ... sorry dynographqf2.th.jpg

Edited by Mean Green z28

wow, you dropped a ls1 in there? just wow. that trap speed says a lot about where your car will soon be... planning on daily driving it?

Thanks! :)

You're in MD? Do I know you? Shyt, did I forget who you are?

Yeah, it's going to stay a street car. Everything is going to stay as stock as possible. I'm gonna have to put in a roll cage and get sefety harnesses and a fire jacket if I'm gonna race it anywhere in the US 'cos the min. time you can run is a 11.50 without the need for upgraded safety equipment. Since it was a last day at the track, they kinda let me off the hook. I'm sure they'll kick me out next year if I don't have them. Not looking forward to the $ I have to put into that 'cos it's all stuff that needs to be done by a pro and up to NHRA specs. :P Maybe with a new job I'm looking at after graduation (like next week), I'll probably be able to afford it :angry: