• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tata Indica Dash Board Is Melting

doggymvp

Hi guys I need your help,

On my TATA Indica car's dash board top is melting. I dont know how it starts but i suppose it because of heat of the sun, coz the car exposed to direct sun all the time. Now the dashboard is really sticky and made lots of scratches around the cabby hole.

I don't think it's a good idea to lay a canvas all through the dashboard, coz then it wud looks really bad.

Please help me , giv any suggestion to get rid of that and if you know any place that i can clean it or recover same as before let me know.

Thanks dudes

Hey!

We had a similar problem with Cefiros (A33 - one before the latest model) where the dashboard cracked due to heat.

You can look at - a Sun visor behind the windscreen when the car is parked.

- Use a interior treatment/shine Dash Original Shine to Sun of a Gun on the cost scale to keep the dash moist.

- Keep the window half open (a few mm would do) when parking in a secure park in the sun

- Get a tint - Medium at the back and Light in Front.

Worst case....PVC paint coat might help.

My dad had a Nissan Datsun Sunny which kinda had the same problem as it was left in the sun for long hours and it was not polished most of the time.. easiest and cheapest alternative is as milindu said to get a good polish n keep the dash moist and buy a heat reflector so that once ya park ya could set it up to reflect the heat..

a tint would be way cooler though.. recommended 3M as it keeps the car cool as advertising says..

Zz