• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vacuum Gauge (reviews)

Hola

Question

Hi Tech experts!

Many of you may have seen vacuum gauge beign fixed to the cars,(some say mainly ricers :) ). This is done (as i heard) by connecting the vacuum gauge to intake manifold vacuum to get the reading. This is kind of a interior decorating item for cars but there is some usuefull readings too. These are freely available around 6,000-8,000

This shows the difference between outside atmospheric pressure and the amount of vacuum present in the intake manifold.

Is there any side effects of this? In other words since we are making a bypass to the intake, will it give any long term issue like leaks etc?

Hola

b0009ruxsjl6.jpg

23 answers to this question

the first time i ever saw one was on that grey RX8 as posted on the forums last week...

anyways its supposed to be an excellent diagnostics tool for Normally Aspirated cars

now that i know what exactly it does i'm thinking of getting one my self :D

http://www.centuryperformance.com/vacuum.asp

Hey Devinda, I found one for 6500. But need to get a holder. You can fix the gauge only to the body as well

http://www.international-auto.com/index.cfm?fa=ad&aid=47

Hey Devinda, I found one for 6500. But need to get a holder. You can fix the gauge only to the body as well

http://www.international-auto.com/index.cfm?fa=ad&aid=47

machan i was wondering....the guage is wired to detect the presure from the intake manifold or just before the throttle body?

cuz i've got TWO throttle bodies - so how would i go ab installing it?? :D

machan i was wondering....the guage is wired to detect the presure from the intake manifold or just before the throttle body?

cuz i've got TWO throttle bodies - so how would i go ab installing it?? :D

How come you have to throtle bodies? Whats your car machang?

m*torc*de hasthe vacume guage - half the price of wut u said Hola - but even after looking at the installation manual i cant quite undertand how to fit

theres one plastic line that supposed to be attached to the "MANIFOLD VACUME HOSE"

???

:S

Yes, sorry DevZ. I went yesterday and they said 3000 for the one with black dial which lights up when we switch on the engine and some 1000 odd for the other model. They gave me a number of a guy who does all these stuff and who is an expert. I heard its a 3 hour job machang. :blink:

Yes, sorry DevZ. I went yesterday and they said 3000 for the one with black dial which lights up when we switch on the engine and some 1000 odd for the other model. They gave me a number of a guy who does all these stuff and who is an expert. I heard its a 3 hour job machang. :blink:

hey bro check out the vaccum n other meters in ma v tecs n yu dont have to go 2 colombo to buy the meters n the brakets can get from kochchikade..cn help u..

hey bro check out the vaccum n other meters in ma v tecs n yu dont have to go 2 colombo to buy the meters n the brakets can get from kochchikade..cn help u..

Hey Bro,

Cant wait till 17th to meet you and your team in my town! :blink:

Are you sure this Kochikade dude has done Hondas and he is good in this stuff? Nadeera sounds promising. If you recomend why not though

nadheera is it?

very reasonable price...but i still dunno how that thing can be wired fro my set up... confusing

u should get it - it seems good - when u do have it installed ask the guy abt how mine would have to be wired as well pls...

Yes thats him. Here why dont we both get this done at the same time? Dont keep my car as the gini pig

hey just accpted ur request bro - replied ur mail

so doubt i'll be getting the guage if the car is gonna get sold... :D

I still cant see you online though. If the car is for sale then no use. And i am sure when you even buy the new car you wont be putting in this

Hey DevZ, meet Yasantha man.. hez da guy for al dese gauge jobz n stuf.. somewhre around Rajagiriya me think n he ll explain o how it would be installed in ya car.. ya car has 2 vacuum hoses?

Zz

thanx man - gimmie his contacts sometime later - for future refrence - as i was saying to Hola may not install it if my car get sold...so kinds giving up the idea..but good to know mechnics who can handle stuff like this

@hola : i'm signed out machan - dont run msn cuz it slows down my ole machine a bit so raely come on - instead i'm on the froums all the time :D

thanx man - gimmie his contacts sometime later - for future refrence - as i was saying to Hola may not install it if my car get sold...so kinds giving up the idea..but good to know mechnics who can handle stuff like this

@hola : i'm signed out machan - dont run msn cuz it slows down my ole machine a bit so raely come on - instead i'm on the froums all the time :D

Yeah man, i noticed you are the top poster everyday with over 50% of the share is from you. Crazy :D

Yes, good to know the mechanics. Whats your next car in mind?

Yeah man, i noticed you are the top poster everyday with over 50% of the share is from you. Crazy :P

Yes, good to know the mechanics. Whats your next car in mind?

hey what can i say "i love autolanka" :D

but u'll wont be seeing much of me next week cuz i'll be busy with exams :(

hmmmm still havent decided on what exactly....i'd like to get a Defender shor wheel base with the new electronic injection TD5 engine - but only one that i know of n dunno hoow much he wants now - last time i checked it was very expensive

havent really decided - but it'll most probabaly be a vehicle that can take rough use - cuz with the Z its been "babä wage" maintained - i dont have the patience to be that carful :( so need somthing like a jeep or a proper Rally car which will take some punishment! :D

hey what can i say "i love autolanka" :D

but u'll wont be seeing much of me next week cuz i'll be busy with exams :(

hmmmm still havent decided on what exactly....i'd like to get a Defender shor wheel base with the new electronic injection TD5 engine - but only one that i know of n dunno hoow much he wants now - last time i checked it was very expensive

havent really decided - but it'll most probabaly be a vehicle that can take rough use - cuz with the Z its been "babä wage" maintained - i dont have the patience to be that carful :( so need somthing like a jeep or a proper Rally car which will take some punishment! :D

Whats your budget this time

depends....if i get around my asking for é Z & if n when my Carina as well...should be around 4 mil

but all this is jus sketchy numbers cuz nothing concrete yet...

options do include a good sedan for the whole family to use or otherwise something jus4moi :D