• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do You Have Accurate Service Intervals For Civic Ek3?

Hola

Hey Honda Freaks and Experts!

Maybe this may have been posted on another thread. But does any one have the service intervals for the 2000 Honda EK3? I did some reserch over the net but no solid information. Your help is much appreciated. Hope the information you post will benifit on my CVT gearbox too

Hola

689551026jg09kcwh9gokxk5.jpg

Hey Honda Freaks and Experts!

Maybe this may have been posted on another thread. But does any one have the service intervals for the 2000 Honda EK3? I did some reserch over the net but no solid information. Your help is much appreciated. Hope the information you post will benifit on my CVT gearbox too

Hola

no expert !, normally CVT oil is changed in 40K intervals, but provided an allowance for trafic, i.e not 'stop' but 'stop-go' movement, I guess 30k would be ok. What oil you use ? ATF-Z1(honda's special) or CVTF(Nippon-japan)..?

I would state some other intervals as I know, not specifically EK3 !!

Brake fluid - 3years interval(independent of distance)

Inspect valve clearence - around 50K

Fuel filter - around 30~40 K ( may be earlier)

Edited by Nozozo

no expert !, normally CVT oil is changed in 40K intervals, but provided an allowance for trafic, i.e not 'stop' but 'stop-go' movement, I guess 30k would be ok. What oil you use ? ATF-Z1(honda's special) or CVTF(Nippon-japan)..?

I would state some other intervals as I know, not specifically EK3 !!

Brake fluid - 3years interval(independent of distance)

Inspect valve clearence - around 50K

Fuel filter - around 30~40 K ( may be earlier)

Thanks Man! My mileage is reaching 70k and i think nothing to be alertd then

Hola,

Honda's are known for their reliability. They are only costly when you have to repair them!

Just focus on keeping your fluids changed at regular intervals, filters as well. I have now 2 Honda products - an Acura Integra and a Honda Civic. My experience has been that as long as the fluids are changed, belts and hoses inspected, you should be all right. I change the transmission fluids once every 2 years, and fuel filter once every 3 years. As for the engine oil - it happens either every 3000 miles or 3 months. Timing belts are done every 90000 miles.

The cars are a blast to drive! Your ride looks good!

Cheers,

Chris Abayasinghe

Hola,

Honda's are known for their reliability. They are only costly when you have to repair them!

Just focus on keeping your fluids changed at regular intervals, filters as well. I have now 2 Honda products - an Acura Integra and a Honda Civic. My experience has been that as long as the fluids are changed, belts and hoses inspected, you should be all right. I change the transmission fluids once every 2 years, and fuel filter once every 3 years. As for the engine oil - it happens either every 3000 miles or 3 months. Timing belts are done every 90000 miles.

The cars are a blast to drive! Your ride looks good!

Cheers,

Chris Abayasinghe

Its better we go by the KMs than the years or months. I do my oil change and full service at 5000kms from the agents, never go to Silva or Perera service stations

Hi again, CVT fuild change interval is almost half( or may be little higher than half) as compared to manual transmission oil. If you have a chance, check weather there's tiny metal particles( they should shine) in the used oil when you do the oil change. It's an indication that your cvt belt start degrading, or exesively slipping.