• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Internet Payment Gateways

Hola

Hi Techxperts!

Hope i am in the right discussion section. I want to add an Internet Payment Gateway terminal for the plant website I own so potential buyers could order online and make advance payments. I inquired from an International bank which is very populer in Sri Lanka (sorry that i cant state the name). They asked 100,000 joining fee with 5000 monthly fee. And a local bank which is populer in this part has their fees as 40,000 joining and annual fee. Well my business is small it will bearly hit that amount monthly while i got many other expenses to cover like water,electricity,transport,labour. :(:(

I found many other sites/companys over google search which offers these services for incredible prices. Are these secure? Do you have any other experience or suggestions you could share?I dont have alot to spend guys :(

If you can mail me and help me at it would be great if the forum restricts..

Hola :(

Edited by Hola

Hi Techxperts!

Hope i am in the right discussion section. I want to add an Internet Payment Gateway terminal for the plant website I own so potential buyers could order online and make advance payments. I inquired from an International bank which is very populer in Sri Lanka (sorry that i cant state the name). They asked 100,000 joining fee with 5000 monthly fee. And a local bank which is populer in this part has their fees as 40,000 joining and annual fee. Well my business is small it will bearly hit that amount monthly while i got many other expenses to cover like water,electricity,transport,labour. :(:(

I found many other sites/companys over google search which offers these services for incredible prices. Are these secure? Do you have any other experience or suggestions you could share?I dont have alot to spend guys :(

We use S*M**TH Payeasy gateway. I think the cost is about 1000 a month plus 3% on the transaction value. Can't remember what we paid to join a few years back.

The payment gateways are quite expensive here since there is not much real demand and the banks offer it more as a service. It will take a few years to catch on.

2checkout and ccavenue r the best bet for a small internet business

Milindu, how has your experience with Payeasy been, has anyone had any problems in making the payments using MasterCard and Visa using this system, how do they settle the payments with u do they send u a transfer directly to your bank account

Hi Techxperts!

2checout is the best option. A number of local sites use them - and they are reliable/safe, and recognise International Sri Lankan and other credit cards,

besides its just $49 to get started - it's the deal of the century

2checkout and ccavenue r the best bet for a small internet business

Milindu, how has your experience with Payeasy been, has anyone had any problems in making the payments using MasterCard and Visa using this system, how do they settle the payments with u do they send u a transfer directly to your bank account

Well its been good so far. You can check it out at: wwwDOTpayeasyDOTlk

Its not as proffessional looking as having your own gateway since you are more or less sharing it with other companies.

Anyone could pay direct earlier but after some fraud issues, they password protected the payments. Now the payer has to register to pay or we have to provide a username which makes it a little bit more inconvenient.

It helps us with payments from clients living who want to make a confirmed reservation for a wedding car etc. We have clients who use the car airport to airport and pay online and never sight our office in Colombo.

We have given suggestions to have a foreign currency option and to improve the site, but the business the bank gets off this is so small and they are reluctant to invest. They are also worried about the security and money laundering issues.

We use S*M**TH Payeasy gateway. I think the cost is about 1000 a month plus 3% on the transaction value. Can't remember what we paid to join a few years back.

The payment gateways are quite expensive here since there is not much real demand and the banks offer it more as a service. It will take a few years to catch on.

I can read thru the censored letters,that particuler bank you talking about asked for 40,000 for joining then 10,000 for setting up and annual fee as 40,000. Thats too much investment Milindu

2checout is the best option. A number of local sites use them - and they are reliable/safe, and recognise International Sri Lankan and other credit cards,

Machang are these relaible? A local bank with a branch here cant possible cheat. But these guys can. What are the possibilities?

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews70489.html

i read the above reviews and it seems to be pretty bad

Machang are these relaible? A local bank with a branch here cant possible cheat. But these guys can. What are the possibilities?

Well they handle thousands of companies worldwide, and have been in business for quite a while. It's unlikely they'd cheat anyone (not worth it)

Thanks for the update milindu, ill go to the bank and get the details for PayEasy, other that the 3% charge a monthly fee of 1000 seems reasonable to me considering that most other payment gateways will charge more than that

Thats decades ago. Now its 10,000 per annum and rates have changed

uh...but 1000 per month would work out to 12,000 per annum - so wouldnt that be pretty much é same??

...this payment gateway stuff is confusing... :unsure:

No no, you are right. But still theose rates were old machang