• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Merc W202 C-class Diesel

madmax

As far as Mercs go, its a good car- bulletproof engines, if maintained correctly. The model to have is the C250 turbo diesel...

But, if i was to compare that to the BMW Diesel, there's just no competition. The Merc is sluggish, noisy, and just can't pull off the perfomance cred that the 320d does.

Anyone know how good the W202 Diesel C-Class is? Any idea about the market prices?

Thanks

HEy madmax the W202 is a really great model. The C250 would be the best model to go for. I had one of those the C220 Diesel which was quite good but most of the C220's do have a common problem with the diesel injector pump. The pump goes faulty and it can be Very Expensive to replace it (we were quoted something like Rs.150,000 some years ago). The automatic isnt half bad either. I think the petrol ones go for around 2.5 mil now we sold ours about 3 years back for 2.3mil. There are some good C250's around with leather interior and sunroof and all that the C250 is better since that is the turbo diesel version. Maintenance is pretty much ok. Parts do last quite a long time and you get quite good MPG. Servicing prices about 4 years ago were about Rs.10,000 for a oil change service and about Rs.20,000 for a full service at D*MO.