• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sri Lanka To Change Degrees In A Circle (from 360° To 400°)

dhp

"The Sri Lankan Ministry of Science and Technology along with the Ministry of Higher Education will draft out the initial plans and directives to change the “degrees in a circle” from 360 to 400. Ministry of Science and Technology under the directive of higher government officials are conducting feasibility studies to asses the impact of changing the commonly accepted 360 degrees to a more “easy to calculate” 400 degrees."

full article

"The Sri Lankan Ministry of Science and Technology along with the Ministry of Higher Education will draft out the initial plans and directives to change the “degrees in a circle” from 360 to 400. Ministry of Science and Technology under the directive of higher government officials are conducting feasibility studies to asses the impact of changing the commonly accepted 360 degrees to a more “easy to calculate” 400 degrees."

full article

April Fool's Day :lol: Good one.

New it early on lmoa.. but it got me thinking nevertheless.. who knows what our scientists got up their sleevez.. lol.. nice one dhp!

Check out the new tech being released by google .. Google TiSP and Paper.. :)

Zz

New it early on lmoa.. but it got me thinking nevertheless.. who knows what our scientists got up their sleevez.. lol.. nice one dhp!

Check out the new tech being released by google .. Google TiSP and Paper.. :)

Zz

maybe a 400 degree radar can find a plane.....I mean if u leave it on :)

wow I really did get fooled. But only because its somthing we would expect from our backwards gov.

thats what I am hearing from a lot of my friends...the perception amongst the public of the SL govt is pretty scairy.. such a thing would never happen in the western world...wait, unless its the US/UK public's perception of its' govts. : conclusion - all governments suck and should be feared!

I got this idea from an old prank :a US state (alabama I think) saying its going to file a constitutional amendment to change the value of Pi :)

maybe a 400 degree radar can find a plane.....I mean if u leave it on :)

yeah lol.. and we will be needing some o em 400 degree radars considering that the LTTE had the small airplanes bomb the airforce quarters at katunayake and return back to vanni "safely" ....

Zz

heck they've changed TIME 3 times over on the last decade so i wouldn't put anything past 'em! :lol:

man, dont get me started on this...I have to think twice before calling home now. used to be 10hrs and 11hrs difference (DLT or not) now its like 9.5hrs and 10.5hrs difference.

I agree with the joke..Premadasa put clocks all over the country and since then we've been turning them back and forth..

haha..good stuff. did you guys see all the april fool's crap Google put up (the TiSP and Gmail Paper)?? You don't see much april fools stuff out here (probably out of fear of getting sewed by some idiot who actually thinks its real), was great to see some funny stuff! They definitely put a lot of work into it!

heck they've changed TIME 3 times over on the last decade so i wouldn't put anything past 'em! :lol:

Hee hee.. you are sooo correct... do they even know what 360 degree is???? hope they don't get it mixed up with tempreture,,,,, :D