• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Faq About Goverment Servants Permits

Velocity

Is it the retiring govt servants permit you are referring to??

I think its for those who r in civil service .....not all retiring government servents get it.......mainly those who r in the SLAS (Sri Lanka Administrative Service) My uncle has got it...thats why im saying....no joke

I think thats an unfair generalization....majority of the people who r benefiting will be University Academics, Engineers etc. who have been serving the country for a long period, ignoring opportunities in the private sector where they could be earning more money.....so i think its just reward for some hard yards....

Agree with you on that point BUT according to my knowledge the permit with the bigger engine capacity is only issued for secretaries’ isn’t it? Well most of the secretaries are relatives of MPs and ministers or have some sort of an association to them. In that sense it is very unfair.

Agree with you on that point BUT according to my knowledge the permit with the bigger engine capacity is only issued for secretaries’ isn’t it? Well most of the secretaries are relatives of MPs and ministers or have some sort of an association to them. In that sense it is very unfair.

No Mate. Ur talking abt minister's private secretaries who r the relatives..most official ministry secretaries r civil servants/government servants who have been in civil service for quite a long time....most of them being the puppets of the repective ministers is a different story altogether but they have served for quite a while.

Yes ur true abt higher engine capacity issued to secretaries but was im talkin abt is the retiring civil servants one

Ya thats true...

Heres a kicker for u...Retired Civil Servants receive a permit with 0% tax..which they CAN sell apparently....and i think the engine capacity is upto 3.8L

Small correction, The capacity was increased from 2.2l to 3.2 if I'm not mistaken, The CIF value stands at USD18,000. This is issued to retiring SLAS ppl.

Ya thats true...

Heres a kicker for u...Retired Civil Servants receive a permit with 0% tax..which they CAN sell apparently....and i think the engine capacity is upto 3.8L

there is also a tax returns permit for over 350k tax payers, anyone heard of that?

Small correction, The capacity was increased from 2.2l to 3.2 if I'm not mistaken, The CIF value stands at USD18,000. This is issued to retiring SLAS ppl.

is it given for retired or retiring SLAS officers?

Ya thats true...

is this a new circular ?

is it given for retired or retiring SLAS officers?

Retiring officers, they get the chioce of either the permit or ownership their offcial vehicle

is this a new circular ?

No it has been there for at least a year or two.

still not bad. do you know how the 350k tax is calculated?

Guess they gona calculate the total amount of tax you pay. if this is true i think its a very wise idea. People who pay tax should be rewarded as lot of people dosent

Guess they gona calculate the total amount of tax you pay. if this is true i think its a very wise idea. People who pay tax should be rewarded as lot of people dosent

agreed, our country would be much better off if everybody paid their due amount of tax, cos then there is no necessity for such strain on the middle classes such as high vehicle duties etc ...

agreed, our country would be much better off if everybody paid their due amount of tax, cos then there is no necessity for such strain on the middle classes such as high vehicle duties etc ...

well we are a car crazy country. Everyone wants to buy some kind of a 4 wheel. So the tax free permit its a good motivator

I doubt proper tax money itself will be enough to rebuild our economy. If my memory serves me right income tax only apply for businesses only right? People who have 9-5 jobs don’t pay any, do they?????

I doubt proper tax money itself will be enough to rebuild our economy. If my memory serves me right income tax only apply for businesses only right? People who have 9-5 jobs don’t pay any, do they?????

Yup, there is something called the "Payee tax" over certain limit of salary

They pay income tax tripple X or are at least supposed to

I say we shouldn't pay tax money at all! Coz most of the tax we pay are used for the luxurios lifes of the politiccos.

Don't forget the armoured BMW X5s, the personal 5 Series/ Grand Cherokees they got are from the tax money you and I paid!

Edited by madmax

are you sure about this, didn't the blues scrapped income tax few eyars back during an election season??

in 2001 we told that people who HAS to pay ta and who HAS NOT paid can pay up and the goverment wouldnt dig into the past. That was a tax colection scheme learnt from KM Malaysia. But there were no proper goverment initiated motivation factors