• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1100cc Suzuki Bike In S.l

Watchman

hey guys,

there's this bike i know for sale..... 1983 Suzuki Katana...

its a 1100cc 4cylinder bike!!! That right 1100cc !!! its got a kerker exhaust, which i hear is pretty much like a hot thing in bikes...

and the sound and performance is really mindblowing! owner says it gives out 130 bhp!!

its like the only 100cc bike in Sri Lanka t be registetered LEGALLY as a 1100cc itself! And the good thing is that the ownership is transferable!

It's silver with some red...

owner says he's not expecting to sell, but if the price is good like 900,000, he'd consider selling... the high price is cos its registered and 100% legal... so how much is this really worth?

i'm not that up-to-date with bike matters so what do you guys think? velocity?

PS: MADZ, i made small spelling mistake in the topic of the thread. i typed "suzuku" it should b obviously be "suzuki".. how do i change that?

thats a tourer man...jus big displacement n creature comforts u'd want wen doin long trips...its the suzuki gsx-r dat is d proper sports range...

n no i wudnt spend 900,000 on a 23 yr old tourer inspite of the fact dat its legal...wudnt spend half dat...rather buy an illegal R1

thats a tourer man...jus big displacement n creature comforts u'd want wen doin long trips...its the suzuki gsx-r dat is d proper sports range...

n no i wudnt spend 900,000 on a 23 yr old tourer inspite of the fact dat its legal...wudnt spend half dat...rather buy an illegal R1

no.. its not a tourer.... at least not the kind you see these days.....looks are like a CBR or a R1... but only way bigger.. how much WOULD it be worth?

i'll try to get a picture of it and post it...

There a couple of bikes i know which are legally registered. A close friend of mine has a Kawasaki ZZR 1100cc which has been legally registered with appropriate permits. Its a brilliant bike and the power on that thing is brutal! Still, its not a bike u can ride everyday especially in sl roads, its too powerful, too bulky for sl traffic. Its good to own one of those for the weekend tho, if u can afford it that is... :alc:

true.. hehe!

no.. its not a tourer.... at least not the kind you see these days.....looks are like a CBR or a R1... but only way bigger.. how much WOULD it be worth?

i'll try to get a picture of it and post it...

i knw wat it looks like dude n trust me i KNOW its a tourer...it uses the same engine as the GSX-R1100 but it its heavier n dont expect d same handling n acceleration off the block as the GSX-R range...the Katana is not meant for grand prix

n as for how much it wud b worth...no clue...but $9000 dollars n u can buy TWO 21st century performance bikes like an R1 AND a GSX-R600 or ZX6R...looks like he's goin to be wit dat bike for a long time

dilesh, do you own other bikes? i think a 250 is good enough for our roads.. you can use it daily. a 1100cc bike would definily only be for weekends.. if you have that kind of cash to put away just for weekends... then go for it..

hey fuzzo, i dont know which 'other bikes' you are referring to, but i dont own a single motorbike right now... i do own a rear wheel, dual shock, drive 21-speed, one man-power (power output varies depending on the 'man' :)) bike... though i do have my fun with it... most economical transport method around colombo.. hehehehee! i'd ride to work in it if i could, except that i'd be getting a whole lot of wierd stares:D

i get what you're saying... yeah, that bike IS pretty huge, and may not be the best to right around colombo.. i was just wondering how much a bike like that'd be worth.. but if anyone can help me out with a near-accurate quotation i'd love it.. thanks!

hey guys i own a honda CBR929RR i got it for RS575,000 but its not registered,anyway da katana is a collectors item,so uts worth dat price but u cant run it on da road even though its legally registered or whatever becoz da bike has very bad handeling,so i advice anyone going for a big bike to go for something new,da year of my CBR929RR is 2001,anyway there r lots of big bikes in town