• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reply To Mean Green

Omar

Hi MeanGreenZ28,

Was rather amused with your article on 11/26/2004 which seemed rather Mean and also Green! Quote 'I remember Omar Lebbe's Mini with the freakin' huge engine (resulting in a pretty funny looking front end on a mini) and the others whacked the shyt out of it. Un Quote.

Three clarifications 1. My engine capacity was 1350. 2. The front apeared that way coz I had a 16 valve engine and I had the 4 Air intake filters upfront (designed by Richard Longman) 3. No body whacked the shits out of me. To refresh your green memory I won 60 trophies between 1993, October and 1997 December. Will be back hopefully and would love to kick some arse if you are on the same grid. No offence but facts are stubborn. Cheers! Yours in Motor Racing, Omar Lebbe.

Hi MeanGreenZ28,

Was rather amused with your article on 11/26/2004 which seemed rather Mean and also Green! Quote 'I remember Omar Lebbe's Mini with the freakin' huge engine (resulting in a pretty funny looking front end on a mini) and the others whacked the shyt out of it. Un Quote.

Three clarifications 1. My engine capacity was 1350. 2. The front apeared that way coz I had a 16 valve engine and I had the 4 Air intake filters upfront (designed by Richard Longman) 3. No body whacked the shits out of me. To refresh your green memory I won 60 trophies between 1993, October and 1997 December. Will be back hopefully and would love to kick some arse if you are on the same grid. No offence but facts are stubborn. Cheers

I think every racing driver Past Present Future should be admired with respect. Sri Lanka is among many countries, is where Racing Drivers invest thier personal fortune for Racing ( With No Return($$$) Except for the JOY of Wining or Participating ). The First Race I went to see was 2000 Membersday at Katukurunda and from that day onwards i have lost lot of valuble time watching Races ( Mostly Modifed Event ) At the track I was able to meet so many freinds ( Racing Drivers ) and i should say the amount of commitment they put for the Sport is exceptional.

I hate when people say, that car is too old and they should be not racing. I remember asking once y@ga p#re#a, "Uncle why dont you buy a EVO ( This was in 2000 ). Oh No Putha, We are still Mini Boys.

Let it be a Mini or the Latest Evo 9 GT. Racing is Racing According to thier Budget. And we should respect everyone for their effort even if people win or loose. PARTICIPATION is whats needed.

I am sure Meangreen would have not really meant what ever he said.

From Veterans Like you what we need is participation on these forums to help all our PETROL HEADS ON VALUBLE INFORMATION.

Nice to see you on Autolanka.

I think every racing driver Past Present Future should be admired with respect. Sri Lanka is among many countries, is where Racing Drivers invest thier personal fortune for Racing ( With No Return($$$) Except for the JOY of Wining or Participating ). The First Race I went to see was 2000 Membersday at Katukurunda and from that day onwards i have lost lot of valuble time watching Races ( Mostly Modifed Event ) At the track I was able to meet so many freinds ( Racing Drivers ) and i should say the amount of commitment they put for the Sport is exceptional.

I hate when people say, that car is too old and they should be not racing. I remember asking once y@ga p#re#a, "Uncle why dont you buy a EVO ( This was in 2000 ). Oh No Putha, We are still Mini Boys.

Let it be a Mini or the Latest Evo 9 GT. Racing is Racing According to thier Budget. And we should respect everyone for their effort even if people win or loose. PARTICIPATION is whats needed.

I am sure Meangreen would have not really meant what ever he said.

From Veterans Like you what we need is participation on these forums to help all our PETROL HEADS ON VALUBLE INFORMATION.

Nice to see you on Autolanka.

i agree you cant put down a driver just cos he drives a older/slower car... those drivers may not be moving very fast, but still it takes talant to harnes so much performance from even a car like a mini...

i'm sure those who dont see the skill such driver have, dont have any themselves (i hope that sentence made sense).

and it is an expensive hobby to race, walking arounds the pits during last weekends race, i realized that to race a car like a Evo the car alone isnt enough.. you need to have a whole truck load of spares tools and accesories.. and almost all drivers are sponsored by big companies.. and the mechanical staff you need to keep your wheels turning isnt small either...

and does anyone know how much the entrt fees are for these races?

velocity, nice peice of writing man! you siad everything just the way it needs to be said!

Hi MeanGreenZ28,

Three clarifications 1. My engine capacity was 1350. 2. The front apeared that way coz I had a 16 valve engine and I had the 4 Air intake filters upfront (designed by Richard Longman) 3. No body whacked the shits out of me. To refresh your green memory I won 60 trophies between 1993, October and 1997 December. Will be back hopefully and would love to kick some arse if you are on the same grid. No offence but facts are stubborn. Cheers! Yours in Motor Racing, Omar Lebbe.

Whoa ... It's YOU !!! I would never say something like that about your Mini intentionally. I must've not checked my post after but I didn't mean it in that way. It was meant to say that you whacked the shyt out of everyone else and that your car was CRAZY fast and I loved it!!! I was at Katu with Nimal Wimalasuriya (from MotoMag) and we were both in awe of the little Mini thrashing everything in sight! Just the sight of the car exiting that turn nearest to us all loud and shyt just gave me goosebumps! I think it was also the year a red 911 raced and also the 3-wheelers raced for the first time.. damn that was funny.

You guys are like my idols !!! I kinda grew up around motor racing. Rizvi Farouk was a family friend (one of my uncles was his mechanic and another used to be his co-driver on rallies) and Riyaz Farook (from Expo Lanka) used to be my mums Boss for the longest time ... and, my aunt used to work with Nimal (that's how I was with him at Katu).

Sorry to have got you all :huh: over my definite mistake in sentence structure. Respect :blink:

I wish I was in SL, I would have definitely got into some form of racing there. I'm still making out fine with the drag racing scene here in the US though! Currently building me own hi-po drag car out of my once daily driver Camaro Z28 and hoping to go well into a 10 second quarter mile time. :)

Whoa ... It's YOU !!! I would never say something like that about your Mini intentionally. I must've not checked my post after but I didn't mean it in that way. It was meant to say that you whacked the shyt out of everyone else and that your car was CRAZY fast and I loved it!!! I was at Katu with Nimal Wimalasuriya (from MotoMag) and we were both in awe of the little Mini thrashing everything in sight! Just the sight of the car exiting that turn nearest to us all loud and shyt just gave me goosebumps! I think it was also the year a red 911 raced and also the 3-wheelers raced for the first time.. damn that was funny.

You guys are like my idols !!! I kinda grew up around motor racing. Rizvi Farouk was a family friend (one of my uncles was his mechanic and another used to be his co-driver on rallies) and Riyaz Farook (from Expo Lanka) used to be my mums Boss for the longest time ... and, my aunt used to work with Nimal (that's how I was with him at Katu).

Sorry to have got you all :huh: over my definite mistake in sentence structure. Respect :blink:

I wish I was in SL, I would have definitely got into some form of racing there. I'm still making out fine with the drag racing scene here in the US though! Currently building me own hi-po drag car out of my once daily driver Camaro Z28 and hoping to go well into a 10 second quarter mile time. :P

that settles it.

I am in for some :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...