• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aerial View Of Airport Highway

sharkster

Ok dudes i took these pictures on friday from a Sri Lankan Airlines Air Taxi (n hence y i was missin frm d forums)...notice the huge patches of sand which i assume is the airport highway

Pics r big cos i cudnt be bothered editing and not very clear cos of foggy windows wit lots of scratches...sincere appologies :)

dsc020978od.jpg

notice the katunayake runway a bit to the left of the last sand patch

dsc021027rl.jpg

and for those who don't knw wat an air taxi is (sorry picture taken in shade)

dsc020206tc.jpg

and as a bonus...a pic of our beautiful coastline...SL is indeed pretty damn nice frm above

dsc020346mp.jpg

and if u want pics of ALL the Sri Lankan Airlines Airbuses grounded cos of pilot shortage let me know

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually not really :) lol waiting to see if my boss's pics were any better...crap windows man

hey man... cool pics...

I got a mail about a all inclusive package for 3500/= dont know how true it was...

anyways.. nice pics man..

hey man... cool pics...

I got a mail about a all inclusive package for 3500/= dont know how true it was...

ade machan is that true. do we have to take our own Parachute. I mean how safe is it.

can you inform us more about this ride and let me know some more info.

hey man... cool pics...

ya machan it was true...but the catch was only 3 flights i.e. only 33 tickets...try getting one of those :)

shah hifi bugger...trying to subtely tell us that you travel by air taxi :)

where did you go....

thats right brother we'r posh aero goons...went down to the koggala air force base n took off frm dere...landed in katunayake

ade machan is that true. do we have to take our own Parachute. I mean how safe is it.

can you inform us more about this ride and let me know some more info.

no parachutes machan...but dey did serve us apple juice on the flite :)

ya machan it was true...but the catch was only 3 flights i.e. only 33 tickets...try getting one of those :)

thats right brother we'r posh aero goons...went down to the koggala air force base n took off frm dere...landed in katunayake

Machan so you mean to say Rs 3500 is from Katunayaka to Koggala is it,

Damn thats cheap man. Is it some special Rate or What is avarage rate.

Where can i get info and who organises these.

hey man.. cool scene... hey how the hell did you manage to get those tickets ? I tried calling them on friday but the damn morons didnt pick up the line... must have been really cool...

ha ha.. very funny Dimantha... "take your own parachute"... ha ha this guy is a killer...

I'd love to go on a chopper ride... something like a bel with the two side doors open.. wow...

Machan so you mean to say Rs 3500 is from Katunayaka to Koggala is it,

Damn thats cheap man. Is it some special Rate or What is avarage rate.

Where can i get info and who organises these.

it was from koggala to katu

well the rate wen my boss went upto kandy from katu was US$150...this is a special rate but it was only for d past weekend

call the SL airlines WTC office n check the rates machan

hey man.. cool scene... hey how the hell did you manage to get those tickets ? I tried calling them on friday but the damn morons didnt pick up the line... must have been really cool...

ha ha.. very funny Dimantha... "take your own parachute"... ha ha this guy is a killer...

I'd love to go on a chopper ride... something like a bel with the two side doors open.. wow...

hehe contacts bro...my colleagues gud buddy is an engineer at SL airlines

im game for the chopper ride too but we hav to get a number of passengers to split the cost...maybe later this year?

well the rate wen my boss went upto kandy from katu was US$150...this is a special rate but it was only for d past weekend

im game for the chopper ride too but we hav to get a number of passengers to split the cost...maybe later this year?

I called up Decan Helicopters.. they said they need 1,15,000 for a freaking areal view... can you believe it ? man I could go to singapore for 2 days and spend it on the best girl there and still have money to come back and still get myself a message at siddhalepa...

mmm no wonder. If it was 3500 i would travelling every weekend to matara :)

anyway will call them. let me get the number now.

I called up Decan Helicopters.. they said they need 1,15,000 for a freaking areal view... can you believe it ? man I could go to singapore for 2 days and spend it on the best girl there and still have money to come back and still get myself a message at siddhalepa...

bro choppers r not as fuel efficient as planes...and they cant stay airborne for long so they extremely expensive to run n sum of em cost a hell of a lot more than learjets!!!!

thats y the prices r high...n dats y u'll hav to take a few passengers n split d cost

Guess what??

dsc001716ys.jpg

yea we went for a ride in two ATVs at Mabole Airport highway sand patch lol..

OMG how can i say once i went top of it.. its like a play ground made out of seasand..

well now u might ask questions how do u know about it?? whos ATV is it??

lemme tell you my friend who is riding the bike is son of owner ofALBA yea who manufacture tuk tuk(three wheelers) in Sri Lanka..

and now they do import bikes to.. in which ATV is one of that.. My friend on the bike is the sales manager lol yea he is only 19..

they have a showroom in Mabole called Nitro thats the name its from Malaysia..

actually we didnt know that thats Airport highway.. my friend rang me and said macho there is a cool place to ride the ATV come to the showroom.. well its around 150 Metres from the show room...

damm around 10 feet high and more than 100 metres long.. and it looks like baseline road in seasand lol..

the ATV is an awesome machine its 2 wheel thou..

ATV

250cc

2 wheel drive

price = 450,000 ahem actually 449,800 including VAT

let me tell you something once in a lifetime experience awesome ride btw the guy on the pic is ma frnd.. i look weird so i didnt post ma pic..

Ok dudes i took these pictures on friday from a Sri Lankan Airlines Air Taxi (n hence y i was missin frm d forums)...notice the huge patches of sand which i assume is the airport highway

Pics r big cos i cudnt be bothered editing and not very clear cos of foggy windows wit lots of scratches...sincere appologies :)

and if u want pics of ALL the Sri Lankan Airlines Airbuses grounded cos of pilot shortage let me know

Seriously? you mean there arent pilots to fly the aircrafts??? wow!!! thats embarassing news! how big is Sri Lankan's fleet? as i remmeber last it was 6 or 7 right?

:)

Seriously? you mean there arent pilots to fly the aircrafts??? wow!!! thats embarassing news! how big is Sri Lankan's fleet? as i remmeber last it was 6 or 7 right?

lot of strife within SL Air n u wud see in yesterday's papers that 30 pilots left...it isnt the first time pilots hav left n it isnt the last...cant remember d current fleet size but there were 7 aircrafts grounded on friday

lot of strife within SL Air n u wud see in yesterday's papers that 30 pilots left...it isnt the first time pilots hav left n it isnt the last...cant remember d current fleet size but there were 7 aircrafts grounded on friday

shit man... I should have become a pilot... also added to being a pilot I think you know what kind of advatages you get... it's sorta comes with the package i guess...

does the package(s) have voluptious curves.. :-?.... :)

are you kidding me ? ofcourse it does.... but the new recruits are not that good like the one's before.. but I heard Etihad has some good looking one's... damn those pilots...

does the package(s) have voluptious curves.. :-?.... :)

hehe... honestly i don’t think the added perks are worth it anymore....

I don’t mean to offend any air-hostesses by this, but the quality of the girls really has dropped... sure there are pretty girls, but the 'wow' factor that the term ‘air-hostess’ brought with it is no longer there. Its just average pretty girls.. so its not worth it going through all the 1000s of hours of flight training to meet those girls.. can do so by going to crescat or Odel.. heheheee!

Mayne it’s the internal politics that’s going on when selecting these girls… ohh well, in the end it is us poor travelers who are deprived of the reallllllllllyyyyyyyy pretty girls on the flight… hheheeh!

hehe... honestly i don’t think the added perks are worth it anymore....

I don’t mean to offend any air-hostesses by this, but the quality of the girls really has dropped... sure there are pretty girls, but the 'wow' factor that the term ‘air-hostess’ brought with it is no longer there. Its just average pretty girls.. so its not worth it going through all the 1000s of hours of flight training to meet those girls.. can do so by going to crescat or Odel.. heheheee!

Mayne it’s the internal politics that’s going on when selecting these girls… ohh well, in the end it is us poor travelers who are deprived of the reallllllllllyyyyyyyy pretty girls on the flight… hheheeh!

its just a small part of the perks dude...pilots r paid well, travel, status etc etc oh n air hostesses r easy...but yes the 'wow' factor is gone