• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Geez, Its Flooded Anypics

Velocity

holes on the road, floods, open manholes, traffic, bad road conditions, always comes up on heavy showers like this. ppl complain, die with this bullshit and no action is taken whtsoever. its all forgotten once the sun comes back out. and as for that big hole on the road in dehiwala, its just disgraceful! u take the 'big hole' on the road in maradana, its been more than 2 yrs and it still hasn't been completely fixed. n i believe they are prolly gonna patch up the one in dehiwala too for it to break again in the next big shower.

wht i dont understand is, why the f**k they dont build the roads round colombo??? u go outside of colombo, majority of the roads round the country now are beautifully carpeted, and any bad roads now outside colombo are bein repaired and built. why is this not happenin in colombo?? its more than just ignorance isnt it? obviously political reasons?? everyday i get into my car and get onto the roads i get pissed off, every single day! n mind u this is just one of the probs that all of us goin thru in this cursed country! we gotta worry abt gettin our a$$es bombed on the other hand..... geeez....

As far as traffic was cocerned during those two rainy days, it was a nightmare caused mainly due to very very selfish drivers. I was at Union place driving towards Salaka and was absolutely disgusted to find vehicles moving towards Slave Island had completely taken over all the lanes. I found myself staring point blank into a well dressed "gentleman's" eyes, driving a Carina and so completely on the wrong side of the road. Since my Cefiro lacked aerial capabilities and all vehicles driving towards Salaka were so stuck, I let the savage in me take over by getting out of the car, blasted a few words towards this idiot of a driver and other morons and had to play traffic cop to clear the mess. This pathetic situation on our roads is the culmination of years of bad, stupid, ignorant driving habits of our so called drivers and the lack of proper enforcement of traffic rules and fines by the cops. How often do you guys see motorists running a red light and a cop waiting on the other side of the road just ignores it. Maybe we at Autolanka can start a chain reaction leading towards good driving habits.....hey we have to start somewhere!!

As far as traffic was cocerned during those two rainy days, it was a nightmare caused mainly due to very very selfish drivers. I was at Union place driving towards Salaka and was absolutely disgusted to find vehicles moving towards Slave Island had completely taken over all the lanes. I found myself staring point blank into a well dressed "gentleman's" eyes, driving a Carina and so completely on the wrong side of the road. Since my Cefiro lacked aerial capabilities and all vehicles driving towards Salaka were so stuck, I let the savage in me take over by getting out of the car, blasted a few words towards this idiot of a driver and other morons and had to play traffic cop to clear the mess. This pathetic situation on our roads is the culmination of years of bad, stupid, ignorant driving habits of our so called drivers and the lack of proper enforcement of traffic rules and fines by the cops. How often do you guys see motorists running a red light and a cop waiting on the other side of the road just ignores it. Maybe we at Autolanka can start a chain reaction leading towards good driving habits.....hey we have to start somewhere!!

Cheers! absolutely. I've stopped in front of dudes like this a couple of times too, when I'm not in a hurry, tho I don't get down :D Three wheelers are the worst. Tho a few known faces tried that method in Diyathalawa too, eh Madz? :lol:

(Just to be clear, Madz and I were sitting in the proper lane in unmoving traffic while ppl tried this wrong side manouver.)

Floods are gone now.Its post flood-dust time.Make sure you guys clean your air cleaners and do servicings pre-maturely.(to avoid corrossion and inspectand lubricate rubber boots for better bearing life)

looks like colombo got hit by an air raid....

I think he meant the wella hole pic, coz it looks like a bomb crater. I heard there is another hole forming up in colpetty, not sure of the exact location, heard my office mates talking about it.

or is the govt tryin to build public bunkers???? :blink:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The world's biggest hole is located in Russia. The gaint hole is actually a diamond mine in Eastern Siberia near the town Mirna. It is 525 meters deep and 1.25 km in the diameter

http://www.sreedhara.com/blog/wp-content/u...03_image006.jpg

http://www.sreedhara.com/blog/wp-content/u...05_image008.jpg

http://www.sreedhara.com/blog/wp-content/u...04_image010.jpg

http://www.sreedhara.com/blog/wp-content/u...01_image012.jpg

http://www.sreedhara.com/blog/wp-content/u...06_image014.jpg

http://www.sreedhara.com/blog/wp-content/u...08_image017.jpg

Another one Like in Sri lanka

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by GihanFX

Another one Like in Sri lanka

IPB Image

Man thats a big hole... they must've built over an old mine or something big to have that much of air volume underground.

would be nice if they could put some sensors to detect these before they cost this much damage..

Edited by dhp

hey.. can u lemme know which roads r shown in the flooded pics????

Papiliyana junction to Kohuwala Rd and Baseline Rd, the situvation is worst than we expected and we went all over Colombo on that day and then we went to negombo, on Kohuwala rd we went in a Honda and my friend who drove the car open the door and water came in to the car then he close the door bt we thought the car might stop cus we heard the sound water hitting the radiator fan bt luckly for us no trouble at all.

Anyway Negombo roads are better than our CMB roads

Edited by GihanFX

Papiliyana junction to Kohuwala Rd and Baseline Rd, the situvation is worst than we expected and we went all over Colombo on that day and then we went to negombo, on Kohuwala rd we went in a Honda and my friend who drove the car open the door and water came in to the car then he close the door bt we thought the car might stop cus we heard the sound water hitting the radiator fan bt luckly for us no trouble at all.

Anyway Negombo roads are better than our CMB roads

machan i also experienced this near the cargills (in between kohuwala & pepiliyana ) in my mini :D

machan i also experienced this near the cargills (in between kohuwala & pepiliyana ) in my mini :D

Bt the funny thing is i saw most big jeep owners drove very slowly on the water and saw a one freelander driver looking at the water without moving his vehicle bt many car drivers and 3wheel drivers went in the water without any fear, anyway saw pleanty of 3wheel drivers trying to start their 3hweelers :D

Damn Some Nice Pics Gihan.

it looks like venice..... :(

they should have a ferry service or a boat service

Ya bt when i was a kid i can still remember even for a small rain water cover old Attidiya rd and for 2 or 3 days the road is close bt nw the RDA done a great job and even for a bigger rain Attidiya rd is super, no floods so why government cant develope other main roads like this ? :(

Ya bt when i was a kid i can still remember even for a small rain water cover old Attidiya rd and for 2 or 3 days the road is close bt nw the RDA done a great job and even for a bigger rain Attidiya rd is super, no floods so why government cant develope other main roads like this ? :(

thanks...its like a river on the road! i also remember attidiya rd those days...

If you actually got across it means the water wasn't really all that that deep. Cause the mini distributor sits pretty low..... 12-15 inches above the road. If that had gotten wet you'd have been pushing the car for sure.

I went to Borella last week I think Thursday or Friday. When I was going there was no water or anything on the roads (Horton Place). When I got off at the destination it started to rain heavily. After spending about 10 min at the place I left to Rajagiriya and was there for about 1 hour. On the way back ther was a massive traffic and my colleague and I came through Bullers and put through Wijerama to see Vidayala Mw flooded and vehicles floating. When we got to Horton Place - Wijerama Junct it was flooded and only tall vehicles were going on the road as the rest were turning and finding other ways to travel to the destinations.

thanks...its like a river on the road! i also remember attidiya rd those days...

ya bt my mother told me when she was a kid the road small like a one way :lol: Anyway sorry for talking polictics, Minister Fowze was the one who develope Attidiya Rd like this, and when the RDA doing the construction work he came to site once a day to check the progress,

And he had plan to Extend Baselin Rd to Bekariya Junction ( Starting place of the Templers Rd ) and the main problem was the Temple on the balapokuna Rd, cus to build that rd the temple need to be remove, bt still as i know a cout case goin abt it

ya bt my mother told me when she was a kid the road small like a one way :lol: Anyway sorry for talking polictics, Minister Fowze was the one who develope Attidiya Rd like this, and when the RDA doing the construction work he came to site once a day to check the progress,

And he had plan to Extend Baselin Rd to Bekariya Junction ( Starting place of the Templers Rd ) and the main problem was the Temple on the balapokuna Rd, cus to build that rd the temple need to be remove, bt still as i know a cout case goin abt it

Hmm, and it will never happen for sure...Chinthana doesnt like to lose his demand