• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Geez, Its Flooded Anypics

Velocity

Galle Rd Hole....

IPB Image

IPB Image

I was praying the whole day for the water not to get inside my office. The whole Thunmulla Junction was submerged. So many vehicles got stuck in the middle of the road, trying to drive through. Waves by the big busses made the situ worse. You can also get electrocuted when you tried to walk in the water. So be very careful.... & don’t forget the open manholes and drainage holes.

Galle Rd Hole....

IPB Image

IPB Image

I was praying the whole day for the water not to get inside my office. The whole Thunmulla Junction was submerged. So many vehicles got stuck in the middle of the road, trying to drive through. Waves by the big busses made the situ worse. You can also get electrocuted when you tried to walk in the water. So be very careful.... & don’t forget the open manholes and drainage holes.

Man what a day in office, water seeping through, company vehicles submerged...Also this sinkhole is in front of Roxy cinema i heard. Wonder why all the sinkholes develop in front of theaters, remember the last one in maradana?

The worst part about floods are the Montero and Prado boys thrashing through the waters and submerging everything else around them.

Thaught I was going to drown yesterday morning when I was quietly driving through Reid Avenue and doing my best to avoid the very deep waters on either side of the road so as not to ruin my car when a Motorcade sped past! I don't think the pedestrians on the side of the road were too thrilled about it either.

All you 4WD boys out there, please be more considerate!

holes on the road, floods, open manholes, traffic, bad road conditions, always comes up on heavy showers like this. ppl complain, die with this bullshit and no action is taken whtsoever. its all forgotten once the sun comes back out. and as for that big hole on the road in dehiwala, its just disgraceful! u take the 'big hole' on the road in maradana, its been more than 2 yrs and it still hasn't been completely fixed. n i believe they are prolly gonna patch up the one in dehiwala too for it to break again in the next big shower.

wht i dont understand is, why the f**k they dont build the roads round colombo??? u go outside of colombo, majority of the roads round the country now are beautifully carpeted, and any bad roads now outside colombo are bein repaired and built. why is this not happenin in colombo?? its more than just ignorance isnt it? obviously political reasons?? everyday i get into my car and get onto the roads i get pissed off, every single day! n mind u this is just one of the probs that all of us goin thru in this cursed country! we gotta worry abt gettin our a$$es bombed on the other hand..... geeez....

Ash, i saw on news that one lady had died due to a drainage Hole being Open,

Pretty Pathetic. They should at least send the Mayor and his other Assitants to a 2 Year Prison Sentence.

Dims,

This is not Mayor's fault.. kudda buggers want to buy mods for their ricers :D . So they remove the man hole covers and sell them to bothal paththarey kaarayas. It is very common in our area. Sometimes you see random people walking on the road suddenly become shorter or sometimes dissappear!.

Edited by evilmak

Dims,

This is not Mayor's fault.. kudda buggers want to buy mods for their ricers :D . So they remove the man hole covers and sell them to bothal paththarey kaarayas. It is very common in our area. Sometimes you see random people walking on the road suddenly become shorter or sometimes dissappear!.

LOL, Yeah i know, once one kudda bugger removed parts from 33000 volt high tension tower. and it fell down. So i am sure these also must be the result of that.

Heard that residents of this area had complained many times regarding this issue. I watched TV, A another 30 year old lady had died when she fell on a hole near Armour Street ( Repairs Being Done at the Moment )

and she had tried to save herself by holding a Lamp post to be electrocuted . I feel seriously sorry about these incidents and the bad thing is no Mofo is taking any responsibility....

Edited by Velocity

Hey Everyone,

As you know poor Hola has to go back to Hikkaduwa to grab his licence after the 77KMPH speeding ticket. So if I leave tomorow at 5.30am Negombo and go grab it - are there any flood issues along the Colombo to Hikkaduwa strip? Is Benthota, Wadduwa flooded? Please advice

HOLLY @#$% - thats a big crater. welldone boys! mighty fine job designing roads and managing drainage - glad no one was seriously hurt.

Hey Everyone,

As you know poor Hola has to go back to Hikkaduwa to grab his licence after the 77KMPH speeding ticket. So if I leave tomorow at 5.30am Negombo and go grab it - are there any flood issues along the Colombo to Hikkaduwa strip? Is Benthota, Wadduwa flooded? Please advice

IS there any point of contesting the charge (proly not) by saying its only 7mph over and could have been an error in the gun.

looking at the pics, u might be better of taking a boat ride from the lagoon :D then again with all these floods, the chances of you repeating your offence is pretty slim :)

Just dont drive on flooded roads!

IPB Image

what’s the actual reason for this mess? is it because one of the underground pipe got broken? If that’s the reason then who knows…same thing can repeat in other parts of Colombo roads too! pretty scary huh ? :(

HOLLY @#$% - thats a big crater. welldone boys! mighty fine job designing roads and managing drainage - glad no one was seriously hurt.

IS there any point of contesting the charge (proly not) by saying its only 7mph over and could have been an error in the gun.

looking at the pics, u might be better of taking a boat ride from the lagoon :D then again with all these floods, the chances of you repeating your offence is pretty slim :)

Just dont drive on flooded roads!

:( What to do bro. The very helpful police mama told me if i dont colect by next Saturday they are going to courts. And I dont have any other day. Its do or die. Should i use the Hiace then? :(

IPB Image

what’s the actual reason for this mess? is it because one of the underground pipe got broken? If that’s the reason then who knows…same thing can repeat in other parts of Colombo roads too! pretty scary huh ? :(

Remember the Maradana hole? It took months to repair and was half a size of this. Wonder how many decades this will take to repair

wow man, never seen a big hole like this....(funny shit though)

hope everyones ok................ :(

Good we know the scene otherwise this can be even classified as a outcome of a recent air raid

Certainly some fool hardy cops are to be blamed for the traffic too... Lol, 1 cop in Baseline Rd was furious that vehicles were moving along in single file, in a 3 lane road, the funny part is he's underwater until his knees and he's motioning vehicles to go pass him thru all that water. Seriously if i was driving a 4x4 or even an higher vehicle than ma car i'd have sped past him splashing water all over him.. :D:D:D

Lets jus say if the mayor was in his earlier occupation, he'd comp'ain too! ;)

Hey Everyone,

Hey Buddy,

In case you didn't know, you don't have to actually go to hikkaduwa to collect license.

You simply pay the fine at a post office and send the voucher along with a self addressed envelope by registered post addressed to the Traffic OIC. Give them a call a couple of days after sending it to re-confirm.

That's the way I did it the last time (also caught "speeding" in Hikk.) and there was no hassle.

It was the cops themselves who told me how to do it,.. gave me their phone numbers too..... unfortunately i threw it away after I got my license back ;)

Hey Buddy,

In case you didn't know, you don't have to actually go to hikkaduwa to collect license.

You simply pay the fine at a post office and send the voucher along with a self addressed envelope by registered post addressed to the Traffic OIC. Give them a call a couple of days after sending it to re-confirm.

That's the way I did it the last time (also caught "speeding" in Hikk.) and there was no hassle.

It was the cops themselves who told me how to do it,.. gave me their phone numbers too..... unfortunately i threw it away after I got my license back ;)

very useful info. had to go many times to various parts of the island to collect my licence. so basically if you get copped, ask for their police station address and phone number, and also the name (badge number) of the officer who gave you the details. ..just in case!! ;)

Hey Buddy,

Aiyo machang, danda kiyanei? <_< Anyway left at 5.30am reached Hikka at 60KMPH around 8.20am. Then got the licence left there around 8.30am got back in Colombo by 11am. The roads were fine,weather was fine.

Took the camera and got some evidence to say that the Wella hole started on repairs

IPB Image

very useful info. had to go many times to various parts of the island to collect my licence. so basically if you get copped, ask for their police station address and phone number, and also the name (badge number) of the officer who gave you the details. ..just in case!! ;)

They should set up a site, with online payments for the fine,then online form to where the licence to be mailed :P