• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Buying Advice Wanted

Saturn

But despite the milege just look into very simple things like the steering wheel - see if its shaded off, look at the pedals - see if those are worn off, then have a closer look at the rubber beadings to see ifs its burnt etc. Becuase some cars could have a 50,000km on the clock but all of these showing that its used 150,000kms

you realize dont you mate that all of the above CAN feasibly be replaced without too much expenditure on the part of the seller? he can easily offset whatever cost he might have incurred in the replacement in his selling price..

the only real problem in this scenario would be in the case of the airbag, in other countries rogue ar dealers apparently get around the issue by completely removing the bag and the associated electronics..... letshope our chaps never catch on to this....

in the end, the only way you can be 100% certain of a car's mileage is if you order it new....

Edited by Supra_Natural

you realize dont you mate that all of the above CAN feasibly be replaced without too much expenditure on the part of the seller? he can easily offset whatever cost he might have incurred in the replacement in his selling price..

the only real problem in this scenario would be in the case of the airbag, in other countries rogue ar dealers apparently get around the issue by completely removing the bag and the associated electronics..... letshope our chaps never catch on to this....

in the end, the only way you can be 100% certain of a car's mileage is if you order it new....

Or if you have the complete dealer maintenance hisotory,

I think the mechanism of storage is secure somewhat, but whatever security mechanism that might be utilized to store information, as long as you have physical access to the device it will always be changeable. I mean guys its just an issue of finding out the algorithm used and reverse engineer it, or if you have access to a few samples and you know which block of date refers to which value then there are techniques that can be used to decrypt the information. I mean SL is a country full of pirated software and nearly every security mechanism ever invented to protect software including hardware level protection has been broken by somebody or the other.

Can I ask Supra what is the issue with the airbag ?. You can safely remove an air bag without deploying and replace it if necessary, and on some cars you do not need to take the airbag out to remove the steering wheel (if I knew more I would say most)

And the worst part about re con imports is, as mentioned by Milindu in another post, a lot of cars and vans which come over here have already done in excess of 100K kilometers as most of them were part of big fleets which were auctioned off. This is not to say sometimes you get little gems with genuine low mileage.

but some of these low mileage cars have a low mileage simply because they have met with accidents and are insurance company write offs because genuine low mileage examples are usually still quite expensive but accident damaged ones are bought for very cheap, repaired and then shipped over. Some of these cars I must admit have suffered very superficial damage and the repairs are very successful and does not affect the quality of the car at all, but I do know of vehicles which have been imported in after incurring chassy damage,

Regards,

The Don

Edited by The Don

Most of the cars and SUV's imported from Japan genuinely have a very decent mileage as most of the japs use public transport a lot. But it’s completely a different story for imports form singa.

vans (I’m on about hiace and caravans not CR42's) dose tend to have a bit of a high mileage as they are used for commercial purposes. But japs are so good in maintaining their vehicles there won't be any major engine issues.

Hey you know? except for few talented dudes some fail to make the false impression. Some do a good paint and try to pretend its original paint by forgets to erase of the paint leftover sprays on the tyre or the door handle. I think when you are trying to fool the buyer its always better to be attention to detail

Hey you know? except for few talented dudes some fail to make the false impression. Some do a good paint and try to pretend its original paint by forgets to erase of the paint leftover sprays on the tyre or the door handle. I think when you are trying to fool the buyer its always better to be attention to detail

Sorry mate but, What?? I dont get it..... what exactly are you trying to say here?

Sorry mate but, What?? I dont get it..... what exactly are you trying to say here?

It means don't buy vehicles from Hola coz he knows what to do to fool the buyer into thinking its in better condition than it is.