• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diesel Or Petrol - Whats The Best When You Are Buying From A Lease

Velocity

I have been checking out for some vans, was looking at the Prices, They were Truly Absurd. Petrol Vans were still had OK Prices. So I just Did a Small Calculation Comparing Whats the Best for Long Term Use doing cost comparison on the Price Difference of the Fuels ( Petrol Vs Diesel ) and the Amount Lease Intrest Paid Over for the Price Difference of the Vehicales.

PETROL OPTION

Vehicale Model - Nissan Caravan - PETROL 2002 Model UNREG - Delivery Type

PURCHASE METHOD - LEASE

Car Sale VALUE Rs 2.15 Million

Down Payment Rs 300,000

Lease Amount Rs 1.85 Million for 60 Months

Lease Payment Monthly Rs 50400

Total Payment after 60 Months is Rs 3.024 Million

Average Milage Per Month 3000km X 60 = Total Milage at 60 Months 180,000km

Amount Fuel Needed to Pumped for 180,000 KM ( Based at 10 km per Ltr ) = 18000LTR

18000 LTR X Rs 112.00 = Rs 2.016 Million

So Total Cost Incured at 60 MONTHS - Rs 5.04 Million

DIESEL OPTION

Vehicale Model - Nissan Caravan - DIESEL 2002 Model UNREG - Delivery Type

PURCHASE METHOD - LEASE

Car Sale VALUE Rs 3.3 Million

Down Payment Rs 300,000

Lease Amount Rs 3 Million for 60 Months

Lease Payment Monthly Rs 86000

Total Payment after 60 Months is Rs 5.160 Million

Amount Fuel Needed to Pumped for 180,000 KM ( Based at 10 km per Ltr ) = 18000LTR

18000 LTR X Rs 67.00 = Rs 1.206 Million

So Total Cost Incured at 60 MONTHS - Rs 6.366 Million

( Cost of Service have not been taken )

Correct Me If My Formula is Wrong.

Well my suggestion will be that

for the diesel van maybe u need to adjust the 10km/ltr thing to maybe more than that bcoz diesel vehicles do more km per litre. what do you think bro

Not sure about that bro. but what i do know is our low quality diesel is very bad on the injectors and they do less when the time goes by :(

any one any info on this..... ???

You have to look at the price increases in petrol vs. diesel as well as the resudual values when you look at the van.

If you have someone else driving with the A/C on 8/9km litre will be a more realistic figure. 8km/l is the commercially accepted norm for calculations.

You might consider a diesel conversion on the petrol van provided you are at least planning to run a good 100k before selling off. Petrol vans are quite hard to get rid of.

Have a look at the Petrol Hiace versions as the running costs and repairs are much lower.

Also look at an original manual.

Oh and the petrol ones do about 7 max even when new.

I have been checking out for some vans, was looking at the Prices, They were Truly Absurd. Petrol Vans were still had OK Prices. So I just Did a Small Calculation Comparing Whats the Best for Long Term Use doing cost comparison on the Price Difference of the Fuels ( Petrol Vs Diesel ) and the Amount Lease Intrest Paid Over for the Price Difference of the Vehicales.

PETROL OPTION

Vehicale Model - Nissan Caravan - PETROL 2002 Model UNREG - Delivery Type

PURCHASE METHOD - LEASE

Car Sale VALUE Rs 2.15 Million

Down Payment Rs 300,000

Lease Amount Rs 1.85 Million for 60 Months

Lease Payment Monthly Rs 50400

Total Payment after 60 Months is Rs 3.024 Million

18000 LTR X Rs 112.00 = Rs 2.016 Million

So Total Cost Incured at 60 MONTHS - Rs 5.04 Million

DIESEL OPTION

Vehicale Model - Nissan Caravan - DIESEL 2002 Model UNREG - Delivery Type

PURCHASE METHOD - LEASE

Car Sale VALUE Rs 3.3 Million

Down Payment Rs 300,000

Lease Amount Rs 3 Million for 60 Months

Lease Payment Monthly Rs 86000

Total Payment after 60 Months is Rs 5.160 Million

18000 LTR X Rs 67.00 = Rs 1.206 Million

So Total Cost Incured at 60 MONTHS - Rs 6.366 Million

( Cost of Service have not been taken )

Correct Me If My Formula is Wrong.

Edited by milindu

You have to look at the price increases in petrol vs. diesel as well as the resudual values when you look at the van.

If you have someone else driving with the A/C on 8/9km litre will be a more realistic figure. 8km/l is the commercially accepted norm for calculations.

You might consider a diesel conversion on the petrol van provided you are at least planning to run a good 100k before selling off. Petrol vans are quite hard to get rid of.

Have a look at the Petrol Hiace versions as the running costs and repairs are much lower.

Also look at an original manual.

Some good points milindu ...

So you recomend the New Hiace Than the New Caravan, The New Hiace Surely looks nice...

are diesel conversions reliable ?

Some good points milindu ...

So you recomend the New Hiace Than the New Caravan, The New Hiace Surely looks nice...

are diesel conversions reliable ?

The Hiace has always been the better option. The 2.2/2.4 Efi on the Toyota is supposed to be frelatively economical. Haven't personally tested petrols. Hola runs a Petrol Hiace. You can check with him on the figures. The latest versions of the New Hiace comes in a 2.7 VVTi which would be the perfect alternative to Diesel, but haven't seen any here.

As for reliability, a lot of cab service and transport guys are doing it in a big way. The results depend on how good your conversion guy is and how lucky you get with the recon 'conversion kit'. Most run without problems. People get different fuel figures and noise levels though. Haven't seen a total faliure yet. But the hardcore experts will always be against conversions.

The New Hiace is approx 3.5 mil for the petrol 10 seater passenger. Not sure how much he delivery will cost. In the 2 million + range, you are looking at the Petrol version of the LH 172 (The normal Hiace you see on the roads).

Hey Velocity,

i also recommend hiace... :D

the new one shold be better than the previous one, but famous dolphin model still have a good market.

engine types are 2.4 Diesel/ 2.4D EFI TURBO/ 2.8 diesel/ and 3.0D EFI TURBO.. i have used 2.8D and now have a super custom with 2.4EFI TURBO... im getting about 10kmpl out station and 8 in traffic with dual AC...

u will get about 3km more without AC...

3.0D EFI TURBO engine is the same engine used for prados (1KZ).. u get this engine in passenger models only.but i dont know about the fuel consumption

new hiace specs - http://www.toyota.com.hk/showroom/tmc_hiace/specs.html

new hiace pics --- u will love this !!!!!!!!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Well my suggestion will be that

for the diesel van maybe u need to adjust the 10km/ltr thing to maybe more than that bcoz diesel vehicles do more km per litre. what do you think bro

true.. even with dual a/c you'll get this ... but as of petrol you hardly get more than 7 kmpl in a caravan or hiace

Hey Velocity,

i also recommend hiace... :D

the new one shold be better than the previous one, but famous dolphin model still have a good market.

engine types are 2.4 Diesel/ 2.4D EFI TURBO/ 2.8 diesel/ and 3.0D EFI TURBO.. i have used 2.8D and now have a super custom with 2.4EFI TURBO... im getting about 10kmpl out station and 8 in traffic with dual AC...

u will get about 3km more without AC...

3.0D EFI TURBO engine is the same engine used for prados (1KZ).. u get this engine in passenger models only.but i dont know about the fuel consumption

Hey thanks for the info brother :) Thats a lot of good details. machan i am surely sad to use this van as delivery van. cos the new hiace looks so hot...

3.0 EFI turbo means it must be having a good pull.....

even your delivery van better be nicely kitted....you have a reputation to keep....make it look like the first pic

No infact I am planing to make them look like those CEY....CO V.P Vans. The once which are yellow :D j/k

That Design has been taken from the Famous Ambalangoda Mask Manufactures :D

The Hiace has always been the better option. The 2.2/2.4 Efi on the Toyota is supposed to be frelatively economical. Haven't personally tested petrols. Hola runs a Petrol Hiace. You can check with him on the figures. The latest versions of the New Hiace comes in a 2.7 VVTi which would be the perfect alternative to Diesel, but haven't seen any here.

As for reliability, a lot of cab service and transport guys are doing it in a big way. The results depend on how good your conversion guy is and how lucky you get with the recon 'conversion kit'. Most run without problems. People get different fuel figures and noise levels though. Haven't seen a total faliure yet. But the hardcore experts will always be against conversions.

The New Hiace is approx 3.5 mil for the petrol 10 seater passenger. Not sure how much he delivery will cost. In the 2 million + range, you are looking at the Petrol version of the LH 172 (The normal Hiace you see on the roads).

Milindu some say that the Gear Box and the Differentials are different in the diesel version, thus a conversion fails. How true is this.

No infact I am planing to make them look like those CEY....CO V.P Vans. The once which are yellow :D j/k

That Design has been taken from the Famous Ambalangoda Mask Manufactures :D

Milindu some say that the Gear Box and the Differentials are different in the diesel version, thus a conversion fails. How true is this.

Usually the kit comes with engine and gearbox. Even the running gear is available easily as recon parts (You can buy the whole van in parts for that matter).

We haven't done or run conversions since the Corona AT 150 days but they ran a good 300k each with no problems before we replaced them with CT170s (Original Diesels). Pop a mail if you are seriously considering a conversion. I can get you in touch with the mechanics as well as people who run these. But like you said, there are no guarantees.

With Tourism down in the dumps, you should be able to pick up a sparingly used Hiace LH 172 or a Town Ace CR 41 registered at a much lower price despite the disadvantage on VAT. Most vans should have part leases which are transferable. Make sure it a manual.