• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Indianapolis 2007 F1 Championship

hey guys,

i got the rare chance yesterday to attend the 2007 F1 championship held at Indianapolis motor speed raceway. It was an amazing experience, and was also happy to see ferrari getting whopped by the mclaren team. I will be postings images and videos later......Is anyone going to be at France to see what will happen next????

yeah the gap between alonso and raikkonen was like 12 seconds at the end, so its going to be a tough competition. lets see what happens...but the petronas BMW didnt do good at all. I wanted to see renalut doing some damage like in the past but their performance was dissapointing as well. Anyways overall it was a great experience

getposition - I am jelous of you man. I wish I had gone but then I would miss the Le Mans, why do they both have to be the same weekend? I hope to make it next year. btw, did u goto any of the practice runs? I have meen to the pit lane on an Indy practice day and the sound of those V8s rattled me to the bone - man, what rush! we need more US F1 races - how about in FL?

getposition - I am jelous of you man. I wish I had gone but then I would miss the Le Mans, why do they both have to be the same weekend? I hope to make it next year. btw, did u goto any of the practice runs? I have meen to the pit lane on an Indy practice day and the sound of those V8s rattled me to the bone - man, what rush! we need more US F1 races - how about in FL?

You're into sportscars? I'm a huge fan of Le Mans and the ALMS, having attended the odd round a few years ago. Too bad the Peugeots couldn't pull it off, huh? Maybe next year, hopefully with Villeneuve. I was also disappointed that one of my favourites, Flying Lizard Motorsports, couldn't win GT2.

You're into sportscars? I'm a huge fan of Le Mans and the ALMS, having attended the odd round a few years ago. Too bad the Peugeots couldn't pull it off, huh? Maybe next year, hopefully with Villeneuve. I was also disappointed that one of my favourites, Flying Lizard Motorsports, couldn't win GT2.

I am into it so much it physically hurts that I cant goto these races. I havent been to any ALMS events. I used to live in cincinnati and I could've easily driven to IMS and mid-ohio, I am now kicking myself..but now I am closer to FL for the ALMS events. I was lucky to watch the F1 on sunday cos speed channel switched to freaking nascar! thank god for FOX.

as far as the P# classes, I am not sure what's gonna happen with the newer cars coming in next year and the whole diesel/gas engine restrictions etc. Somone has to put a stop to audi or we're gonna have to start giving some respect to their road cars soon. It must be something else to have won as many races as Derek Bell.

I sent an email to Dilantha M (thru his site) asking if he's gonna do any events next year in FL and he said, he might. If he does, maybe we can all g2g and watch our boy kick some ass

Edited by dhp

I am into it so much it physically hurts that I cant goto these races. I havent been to any ALMS events. I used to live in cincinnati and I could've easily driven to IMS and mid-ohio, I am now kicking myself..but now I am closer to FL for the ALMS events. I was lucky to watch the F1 on sunday cos speed channel switched to freaking nascar! thank god for FOX.

as far as the P# classes, I am not sure what's gonna happen with the newer cars coming in next year and the whole diesel/gas engine restrictions etc. Somone has to put a stop to audi or we're gonna have to start giving some respect to their road cars soon. It must be something else to have won as many races as Derek Bell.

I sent an email to Dilantha M (thru his site) asking if he's gonna do any events next year in FL and he said, he might. If he does, maybe we can all g2g and watch our boy kick some ass

Hoping to attend the ALMS race at Limerock in July. Too bad Peugeot couldn't break the Audi streak, but a well deserved third place for Pescarolo.

yeah man,

i had to drive three hours in the hot sun, A/C in the car didnt make a difference and now im more darker since i had my sunroof open!!! hehe ee, yeah the sound of the engines is something amazing that i have never heard before from a car.....I was right at the tracks and had to wear ear plugs to keep my ear drums from getting damaged (since i was not used to it), anyways i got some great video clips and have some pictures... wil post them in the next couple of daysss..

laterzzzz... :violent-smiley-030:

yeah the gap between alonso and raikkonen was like 12 seconds at the end, so its going to be a tough competition. lets see what happens...but the petronas BMW didnt do good at all. I wanted to see renalut doing some damage like in the past but their performance was dissapointing as well. Anyways overall it was a great experience

hey guys here are some pictures from alst weekend at Indi motor speedway.. (A.K.A the BRICKYARD)

p.s ill post the videos later...

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5753/mclaren1zq3.jpg

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7091/densotoyotaih1.jpg

Edited by getposition