• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Engine Oil For Honda Civic Rs (es3)????

BlackJack

Hey guys, can someone recommend a good engine oil for my Honda Civic RS? It’s an ES3 2001 model with 1.7 VTec Engine and I’ve heard lot of stories about different engine oils in SL. Appreciate if someone can tell me a good place to get it changed as well.

Hey guys, can someone recommend a good engine oil for my Honda Civic RS? It’s an ES3 2001 model with 1.7 VTec Engine and I’ve heard lot of stories about different engine oils in SL. Appreciate if someone can tell me a good place to get it changed as well.

Semi synthetic i guess. its do the oil changing on the due date or the kms done. which ever come first.

Go fully synthetic with the Mobil 1 5w-50 (silver can) costs about Rs 6000 and it’s a good oil, you could also use the shell ultra helix which is 5w-40 I think costs a bit cheaper around Rs5500.

However nothing beats the Mobil1 0w-40 (gold can) cost is about Rs 7000 it’s by far the best oil I have used in my EG.

As the es3 RS has a early cut off (7000rpm) I guess the mobil1 5w-50 should be the best deal for you.

Semi synthetic i guess. its do the oil changing on the due date or the kms done. which ever come first.

Bro i thought it has to be full synthetic.. anyways thx for ur thoughts..!!! lets wait for some more ideas.!

Go fully synthetic with the Mobil 1 5w-50 (silver can) costs about Rs 6000 and it’s a good oil, you could also use the shell ultra helix which is 5w-40 I think costs a bit cheaper around Rs5500.

However nothing beats the Mobil1 0w-40 (gold can) cost is about Rs 7000 it’s by far the best oil I have used in my EG.

As the es3 RS has a early cut off (7000rpm) I guess the mobil1 5w-50 should be the best deal for you.

That's what i'v also heard..! machan is there a good place to get it changed?? hw abt Mag city??

Hi, I have had Honda's from 1992. My recomendations are Fully fully synthetic with the Mobil 1 5w-50 , BP or Shell ultra helix which is 5w-40

But, it is important note that what you have got currently,

Re Oil Changes, Stafford is the best, next to that is Laughs, Nawala place be careful I had many instances with my other car where I wanted the Good Oil filter, they charge for the good one and replace with a much cheaper one, which I had to bring tothe notice of the Director, so keep an eye. AT stafford its not that expensive (the filters , service etc) but they have a deal with Caltex so they dont stock other brands, so you need to take your choice of oil.

Hi, I have had Honda's from 1992. My recomendations are Fully fully synthetic with the Mobil 1 5w-50 , BP or Shell ultra helix which is 5w-40

But, it is important note that what you have got currently,

Re Oil Changes, Stafford is the best, next to that is Laughs, Nawala place be careful I had many instances with my other car where I wanted the Good Oil filter, they charge for the good one and replace with a much cheaper one, which I had to bring tothe notice of the Director, so keep an eye. AT stafford its not that expensive (the filters , service etc) but they have a deal with Caltex so they dont stock other brands, so you need to take your choice of oil.

Thanks dude for all the Info. yeah i think it's a gud idea to go ahead with Stafford. anyways could you tell me which one you recon between BP visco and Mobil??