• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Body-permits And Illegal Imports

VWvortex

Miniace,

What are the Relevent documents you are refering to here? I found a vehicle for which the owner has a body permit, and all the relevent import documents for the body+ receipts for payments made to customs. It has also been weighed by RMV and documents updated with the new information. Anything in particular i should check further on?

Thanks!

Thats all you need! further check the existance of the VIN tags.

MINIACE

I have heard that the government testers use a Laser equipment to detect any welded bits in the chasis. in this way they can find the cut/butt/ or chopped wutever you want to call it....

how true is this??

I have heard that the government testers use a Laser equipment to detect any welded bits in the chasis. in this way they can find the cut/butt/ or chopped wutever you want to call it....

how true is this??

They also examine the areas of the chassy and engine numbers for alterations and if the area has been newly painted, they have templates used my auto manufactures right down to the font used for engraving I am told to detect if it has in any way been tampered as well ...

to get around this whole testing of chassis, what our boys do is cut the engine number panel with the body panel from the previous vehicle. what i mean is that they don't cut right near the panel. sometimes they will remove the chassis number and the whole part is it on. then you can't catch the cut.

hope this made sense

to get around this whole testing of chassis, what our boys do is cut the engine number panel with the body panel from the previous vehicle. what i mean is that they don't cut right near the panel. sometimes they will remove the chassis number and the whole part is it on. then you can't catch the cut.

hope this made sense

And to add to that as mentioned earlier, Technically the Chassis has been repaired, hence it could show signs of that repair...which makes the whole setup still legal.

Edited by VWvortex