• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Warning---- You've Just Pumped Diesel In To Your Petrol Car

ash

Did you guys hear the news Yatiyantota or somewhere in a co-op fuel station they have mixed Diesel with Petrol. They got caught red handed doing that early in the morning. According to the news they mix 200 litres of Diesel in to 13,000 litres of Petrol. More importantly they mentioned that this is just only one of the stations that does this as a practise. Can we escape the feeling that we are pumping pure Petrol or Petrol Diesel mix in to our rides even we pump fuel in Colombo.

Usually pump petrol at a station around Wella or bamba.. would there been some hints and cues guys should take in order to deem an station trusted? I mean, they might be trusted now.. but at some point o the other, who knows, they could/would rig their meters, mix water or diesel with petrol etc..

Zz

there's no way in hell that we can be 100% sure of fuel stations.

Those guys can easily do their thing in wee hours or even have an internal piping system to their fuel cocktails :blink:

we're doomed :angry-smiley-048:

Heard about this story..very scary story!

So whats the most trusted gas station in Colombo?

I've had no problems when pumping fuel from any of the Laughs petrol stations.

I guess this would mainly be because their sheds have been built recently - so their equipment and tanks would be new.

Most of the other IOC and Ceypetco sheds have mainly a cosmetic makeover done, and new pumps at most. But the underground tanks are the same old ones which had been there for donkeys years.....

I've had no problems when pumping fuel from any of the Laughs petrol stations.

I guess this would mainly be because their sheds have been built recently - so their equipment and tanks would be new.

Most of the other IOC and Ceypetco sheds have mainly a cosmetic makeover done, and new pumps at most. But the underground tanks are the same old ones which had been there for donkeys years.....

True, I too use Laughs, no issues so far. Unless they cheat u on the meter, mixing the fuel is not easy, since the tanks are under lock and key. Would call for team work of thieves to tamper with it.

The other issue with gasoline in SL is the, octane count... 95 is supposedly between 92-95, and 90 octane is less than what it's supposed to be..

Any of you guys aware of this??

True, I too use Laughs, no issues so far. Unless they cheat u on the meter, mixing the fuel is not easy, since the tanks are under lock and key. Would call for team work of thieves to tamper with it.

The other issue with gasoline in SL is the, octane count... 95 is supposedly between 92-95, and 90 octane is less than what it's supposed to be..

Any of you guys aware of this??

Yeah i have heard that too. I used to use Toluene Everytime on my Scooby. On the rx8 I use the WURTH Octane Booster. Damn it has a big difference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way i have heard that some Petrol stations mixed with Kerosene Oil as well. And Symptoms of engine comes after around 8 -10 months after. dont know how true it is. Anyone any info on this.

Edited by Velocity

Yeah i have heard that too. I used to use Toluene Everytime on my Scooby. On the rx8 I use the WURTH Octane Booster. Damn it has a big difference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way i have heard that some Petrol stations mixed with Kerosene Oil as well. And Symptoms of engine comes after around 8 -10 months after. dont know how true it is. Anyone any info on this.

How often do you use octane booster.. and whats the quantity..?

What abt Kohuwala Laugfs ?

Kohuwala Laughs, so far so good... I been pumping from there for the last 1 year. But, be careful with the fat guy at the pump, he cheated me once for 5 liters. didn't 'zero' (reset) the meter after the vehicle before me. :angry:

Kohuwala Laughs, so far so good... I been pumping from there for the last 1 year. But, be careful with the fat guy at the pump, he cheated me once for 5 liters. didn't 'zero' (reset) the meter after the vehicle before me. :angry:

Thats the only place i pump fuel and for me so far so gud, bt no cheating for me, anyway saw at Bamba shed there is somekind of paper to check the octain level of the fuel

Machan 1 can for 60LTR. RX 8 tank is 60 LTR

Also i recomend toluene. Had used it on my Subaru for almost one year. No issues as all and damn the power was super. Accelration is very smooth. It was Nigel who recomended it to me.

Also i recomend toluene. Had used it on my Subaru for almost one year. No issues as all and damn the power was super. Accelration is very smooth. It was Nigel who recomended it to me.

machan what is the mixture u using ? for 10L of petrol hw many Liters of toluene ?