• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Toyota G-tourer

gobi

Hi Guys,

Need Advice regarding buy a Toyota Coralla G-TOURER Diesel Car. also 65-, 1997 Year of Manufacture, Fulloption with ABS Breakes and Airbags.

So please tell about it's Market,Market Value and also the + & - .

thanks.

Hi Guys,

Need Advice regarding buy a Toyota Coralla G-TOURER Diesel Car. also 65-, 1997 Year of Manufacture, Fulloption with ABS Breakes and Airbags.

So please tell about it's Market,Market Value and also the + & - .

thanks.

Good car, Comfortable (Rear Inde. sus) for a wagon, very economical fuel con. Dependable.

The turbo diesel engines can wear fast without proper care. Most cars would be very high mileage by now.

Sold a petrol G-Touring 301- for 10.75 a few months back. The diesel will be + 100-150k. Missed a standard diesel Corolla Wagon (rear leaf spring) auto English No. in mint (70k done) known car for 12/75 around 6 months back.

The CE110 should be not far from the G-Touring Price. There will be quite a few coming up for sale with the permits coming into the scene.

Good car, Comfortable (Rear Inde. sus) for a wagon, very economical fuel con. Dependable.

The turbo diesel engines can wear fast without proper care. Most cars would be very high mileage by now.

Small correction Milindu, the diesels come with the 2C engine which is non turbo. We've being using one for the last 7 years, which was got down for the permit last time. No complaints at all.

Even though its the contempary wagon of the Corolla 110, it's based on the previous generation AE/CE 100 chassis, hence having a chassis code of AE?CE100 'G'

Small correction Milindu, the diesels come with the 2C engine which is non turbo. We've being using one for the last 7 years, which was got down for the permit last time. No complaints at all.

Even though its the contempary wagon of the Corolla 110, it's based on the previous generation AE/CE 100 chassis, hence having a chassis code of AE?CE100 'G'

I actually came across the 2C-T (Turbo) which needed repair on a Touring Wagon (Can't remember if it was L or G) which also comes in the Caldina (CT191/211) in a garage we contract work to a couple of years back. As MadMax pointed out, I have never come arcoss any other 2C-T engines on vehicles carrying the AE/CE 100 chassis codes. This might have been a swap job or a special edition. You get the occasional CE110 with turbo engines though.

The 2C non turbo should be good for over 300k with proper looking after.

Having talked about the Caldina and a bit OT, has anyone come across a the GT version here (Seen one on the roads)? Its a 250bhp station wagon which looks like slightly padded Caldina with a GT badge.

I suggest you start with an offer on the lower side. If the car is in very good condition I reckon it'll be worth about 1.3 -1.4 million.

But truth is, nothing sells these days. So you might be able to get it at a bargain price. Also look for undercompression in the engine. My 65- L-Touring has about 130k on the clock, but not even the slightest sign of undercompression. But I've seen a lot of diesel Corollas in the market with same mileage are otherwise. This maybe due to the meter being turned around when importing from Japan.

Having talked about the Caldina and a bit OT, has anyone come across a the GT version here (Seen one on the roads)? Its a 250bhp station wagon which looks like slightly padded Caldina with a GT badge.

There is one white Caldina GT on the road. But once I checked it out closely it had read drum brakes, which makes me think it's not the real thing.

I suggest you start with an offer on the lower side. If the car is in very good condition I reckon it'll be worth about 1.3 -1.4 million.

But truth is, nothing sells these days. So you might be able to get it at a bargain price. Also look for undercompression in the engine. My 65- L-Touring has about 130k on the clock, but not even the slightest sign of undercompression. But I've seen a lot of diesel Corollas in the market with same mileage are otherwise. This maybe due to the meter being turned around when importing from Japan.

The usual engine repair on the Corolla Diesels come at 200-250k for manuals or 150-200k for autos depending on the how the car was maintained and driven. But this is after having done quite a bit in Japan and the mileage turned around at point of sale in most cases.

With this type of car, the freshness of the car is what matters most.

My guess is 11.50-1.3 for an avg cond car and a max of 1.4m for a very good car.

Thanks.

But I forget to mention one. The G-Tourer i saw is Auto Transmission. The seller Asking 1.4 Million For this. So guys, is it reasonable?

(65-XXXX,Auto gear, 1997 YOM,Full option)

thanks .

If the engine and general mechanical condition is good,its worth at that tag!

MINIACE

Hi Guys,

Sorry to disturb u again. Also I Forget to mention one. It's CE100G of 1997(65-9XXX). The owner asks 1.4 Million. The Engine and Body are good.No corrosion. I think it's worth for that price.

Wht do u think?

thanks