• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Back After A Long Time, But My Rims Are Done!

cheechthechi

Hey all,

I 've been gone for awhile as I was swamped with work during my last semester of highschool. I finally finished the rims today that I've been sporadically working on since April. My car is now undergoing a complete engine rebuild after I blew the engine back in june powersliding. The engine rebuild just started and I am adding a turbo to the car! The car won't be running till July 2008 because I will be away in Georgia for college ( Georgia is more than 2000 miles away from California).

friends009.jpg

friends008.jpg

friends007-1.jpg

friends005-1.jpg

friends004-1.jpg

Must be painful working on your car so slowly.. lol.. I wouldn have the patience frankly.. the rims seem somewhat modern inspite of it being from an old beemer.. but hell you ve got a beemer! mind if i ask.. how exactly did the engine go bust?

Zz

Must be painful working on your car so slowly.. lol.. I wouldn have the patience frankly.. the rims seem somewhat modern inspite of it being from an old beemer.. but hell you ve got a beemer! mind if i ask.. how exactly did the engine go bust?

Zz

I was practicing "drifting" (more like a powerslide since I don't have lsd and cant counter steer). Anyways I had made the mistake of switching to a very thin synthetic 10w30 oil and when the revs increased on the engine the con rod bearings in pistons 2 and 3 worn down alot and caused knocking.

I was practicing "drifting" (more like a powerslide since I don't have lsd and cant counter steer). Anyways I had made the mistake of switching to a very thin synthetic 10w30 oil and when the revs increased on the engine the con rod bearings in pistons 2 and 3 worn down alot and caused knocking.

Oh man that sucks ! I run 10w 60 in my M3. Ur rims are old school and look really nice what color is ur car by the way? Im not on bimmerforum just m3forum and e46fanatics. Where in Cali are u from near CSUN?

Oh man that sucks ! I run 10w 60 in my M3. Ur rims are old school and look really nice what color is ur car by the way? Im not on bimmerforum just m3forum and e46fanatics. Where in Cali are u from near CSUN?

Hey

My car is alpine white. CSUN is in the valley.. haha where all the lankans are. I live in the socal southbay area so I'm about an hour away. I have a cousin that goes to CSUN.