• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 406 - Mileage Meter Fault

roshanal

Question

I recently purchased a Peugeot 406 and I got a problem with mileage reader. This Model is 2002 BRAND NEW and it’s a digital meter type. On the meter it say 696,000 something. When I check with the CarMart, they said I have to replace the meter and ECU. It will cost, hell of a lot of money. Is there any other way I can get fixed this problem? pl someone help me. All I want do is reduce the mileage. ( Because Its real mileage is not even 100,000 Km )

7 answers to this question

I recently purchased a Peugeot 406 and I got a problem with mileage reader. This Model is 2002 BRAND NEW and it’s a digital meter type. On the meter it say 696,000 something. When I check with the CarMart, they said I have to replace the meter and ECU. It will cost, hell of a lot of money. Is there any other way I can get fixed this problem? pl someone help me. All I want do is reduce the mileage. ( Because Its real mileage is not even 100,000 Km )

call this guy. he might be able to direct u to a guy who fixes this. but he charges some 50k odd as i heard and after that you'll have to remap (re program in SL words ;))) the ECU by the agent.

0773841315 Aruna

Edited by harshansenadhir

Hi,

The same problem was there with a 406 of a friend of mine. It was repaired by a technician who's work shop is situated near the gangarama temple. ( the road adgoining the temple which leads to mobitel head office ). I advice you to take it there since the agents will rip u off. !

Hi,

The same problem was there with a 406 of a friend of mine. It was repaired by a technician who's work shop is situated near the gangarama temple. ( the road adgoining the temple which leads to mobitel head office ). I advice you to take it there since the agents will rip u off. !

Thanks guys for your advices, really appreciate your help. I am going to try both ways. Cheers!!!!!!!!!