• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gymkhana Championship

ash

I just heard Y*sFM together with AMRC is organizing a gymkhana event on the 7-Oct @ the Autodrome. Y*sFM is providing the track car, and it’ll be a March Beetle model. The main drawbacks are the car is an A/T and they they’ll be taking out the hand brakes. So no hand brake turns. This event will be similar to International Gymkhana events and the Winner and the 1st Runner-up will receive the privilege of competing in the next World Gymkhana World championship in Taiwan.

So who’s interested? :jumping-smiley-004:

hi guys

the meet will be on the 8th of september and it will be organized by Ceylon motor sports club and yes fm. the venue will be the AMRC autodrome.

the cars will be the new beetle march k12 A/T transmission.

will keep you posted with details

Oops sorry abt the date... got it mixed up with something else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
MRM will participate definitely. He’s eying the Thai championship. :rolleyes:

I'm a bit confused about this though... the rules page said round 2 which normally means people who qualify from round1 (which was last year) go to round 2...

but at the same time they'd called for applications for round 2 with a deadline which was 30th June. And they've confirmed with the participants that they've selected. Yet, i'm a bit unsure. I dont wanna go there and turn right around & come home in case it was the first scenario... :unsure::D

Edited by Dilesh

I'm a bit confused about this though... the rules page said round 2 which normally means people who qualify from round1 (which was last year) go to round 2...

but at the same time they'd called for applications for round 2 with a deadline which was 30th June. And they've confirmed with the participants that they've selected. Yet, i'm a bit unsure. I dont wanna go there and turn right around & come home in case it was the first scenario... :unsure::D

dont think too much :rolleyes:

1st round they had 8 tracks which they did on a elimination basis ( 50 then 35, reduced to 25 to 15 , 9, 5 & the last 2 ) & for the last 5 round they gave points to each competitor depending on their position.

2nd round will also be the same according to Yes FM

there will be a 3rd round as well, hopefully the same way

after the 3rd round , they will take the top two positions of points table they will be qualified to partifcipate for the asian gymkhana championship

so dont worry if you have registered for the first 50 , & you got a confirmation call , you can have fun.

Edited by MRM

dont think too much :rolleyes:

1st round they had 8 tracks which they did on a elimination basis ( 50 then 35, reduced to 25 to 15 , 9, 5 & the last 2 ) & for the last 5 round they gave points to each competitor depending on their position.

2nd round will also be the same according to Yes FM

there will be a 3rd round as well, hopefully the same way

after the 3rd round , they will take the top two positions of points table they will be qualified to partifcipate for the asian gymkhana championship

so dont worry if you have registered for the first 50 , & you got a confirmation call , you can have fun.

hey! thanks! this ought to be interesting indeed :)

Edited by Dilesh

sounds fun...miniace if yo runinig...add me too...but i dnt knw how good is the new march....the k11 is good..